NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

My friends who pull for the Panthers are all losing their shit over them not drafting Isaiah Simmons
Surprised at that, think Derrick Brown will be a very good D lineman. Simmons' success will largely depend on if his team utilizes his versatility effectively.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm not mad at this pick at all. Haven't seen much of him but if he's more of an impact in our line than Ereck "turnstile" Flowers then it'll do wonders for Saquon and the rest of our offense.

That's Ryan Day to you sir
Day recruited Okudah ?

Carolina Red

Staff
Surprised at that, think Derrick Brown will be a very good D lineman. Simmons' success will largely depend on if his team utilizes his versatility effectively.
That’s what I’m saying too.

They’re a bit blinded by the Orange tinted Clemson glasses though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Broncos have some capital in the later rounds, wonder if they’ll trade for another pick tonight...

Charlie Foley

Surprised we didn't take a WR. Still, I bloody love a good DL. Plenty of WRs out there too. Presume we'll pick one with our next pick

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That’s a slightly surprising pick, sort of like how CeeDee being more similar to Sutton made JJ the right pick, he’s similar to Deebo so it’s more of the same. I thought they’d go after one of the big guys like Mims, Higgins, or Pittman.

But I suppose that is what Kittle is there for.

Jack-C20

:lol: I’ve stayed up this long waiting for the Packers pick and now I’m confused. Surely this guy will sit on the bench for a year or two right?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If they can coach him up to play to his ability, the Packers could’ve just replicated the Aaron Rodgers pick. Best arm in the draft.

:lol: I’ve stayed up this long waiting for the Packers pick and now I’m confused. Surely this guy will sit on the bench for a year or two right?
At least. The pick could pay off like I mentioned above, but it’s not helping you win anytime soon.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Horrible pick - Love is so raw. People comparing this to the Rodgers pick, except Rodgers was touted to go No. 1

Rodgers should ask for a trade, they have given him zero help.

Jack-C20

If they can coach him up to play to his ability, the Packers could’ve just replicated the Aaron Rodgers pick. Best arm in the draft.

At least. The pick could pay off like I mentioned above, but it’s not helping you win anytime soon.
That’s fine with me. The immediate reaction on tv was Rogers being surprised and I immediately assumed he was going. Panic over for now! Was definitely expecting a receiver though.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That is genuinely brutal on Rodgers , to pick a developmental QB with a first round pick after the season you just had is pretty crazy

Jack-C20

Just been on a couple of Packers forums and extremely mixed reactions. Some happy that it’s a plan for the future. Some thinking it’s more short term than long term. I know there was rumours of LaFleur and Rodgers not getting on last year. Some even saying that Rodgers decline might be more drastic than we think. I guess not fixing our immediate problems (receiving options and run defence) is pretty damning. Let’s see who else we pick before we go too crazy.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
You don't plan for the future when you are one game away from the Superbowl ffs.

Worst pick I've ever seen. Ban me if Jordan Love throws more than 30 TDs in a season.

Jack-C20

You don't plan for the future when you are one game away from the Superbowl ffs.

Worst pick I've ever seen. Ban me if Jordan Love throws more than 30 TDs in a season.
The more I’m seeing, the more I’m reading this :lol: How have I managed to follow two inept teams in signing players?!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Looking back, the Pack were still within shouting distance of a SB towards the end under Favre so it’s weird how uncanny the optics are. Not saying it’s a good pick, just interesting. It’s actually terrible short term because there are still potential WR1s on the board.

Love has exponentially higher risk to him than Rodgers, whose only knocks were he was a bit of a cnut, had a unique throwing motion, and played for Tedford the ‘QB whisperer’ of the time.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How many QB's have been picked in the first round since Rodgers who had no chance of starting in the first year barring an injury ?

This pick seems like something born from the mahomes story

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So the Vikings got Jefferson and Gladney which in theory is perfect. Something wrong is going to happen.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So the Vikings got Jefferson and Gladney which in theory is perfect. Something wrong is going to happen.
Immediate Diggs replacement?

The Cowboys drafting Lamb seems a bit of overkill with Cooper signing a long-term deal and Gallup's improvement last year. Also surprised that Simmons fell that much, he's gonna be looked at a as a steal imo. The Niners drafting yet another DT instead of a WR and Ruggs going before Lamb/Jeudy are also surprising to me.

Also, Rodgers must be fuming :lol: Realistically though, yes they were one game away from the Super Bowl but they looked ordinary throughout the entire season, just about got a bye and then got lucky to play an injury-ravaged Seahawks team. They are not a conference finals caliber team like the Saints or Ravens were last year, despite not getting there.

Still, drafting Jordan Love that high is weird to me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Immediate Diggs replacement?

The Cowboys drafting Lamb seems a bit of overkill with Cooper signing a long-term deal and Gallup's improvement last year. Also surprised that Simmons fell that much, he's gonna be looked at a as a steal imo. The Niners drafting yet another DT instead of a WR and Ruggs going before Lamb/Jeudy are also surprising to me.

Also, Rodgers must be fuming :lol: Realistically though, yes they were one game away from the Super Bowl but they looked ordinary throughout the entire season, just about got a bye and then got lucky to play an injury-ravaged Seahawks team. They are not a conference finals caliber team like the Saints or Ravens were last year, despite not getting there.

Still, drafting Jordan Love that high is weird to me.
Numerically, yes. But Diggs is a top NFL wide receiver, a rookie isn't going to replace him easily. Now, I'm intrigued about the Trent Williams side story, the Vikings are seemingly the only serious suitors left, something may happen today.

lsd

The Oracle
The Cowboys made a great move in taking Lamb . Cooper can blow hot and cold for one thing

You take the best player on the board and Lamb was the best Reciever in the draft .

Plus Eagles would certainly have taken him and you never strengthen your opponents.

We may have had other needs but we were going to have to go for a Reciever to replace Cobb and we got the best .

Jerry mustn't have been able to believe his luck in this move

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The Cowboys made a great move in taking Lamb . Cooper can blow hot and cold for one thing

You take the best player on the board and Lamb was the best Reciever in the draft .

Plus Eagles would certainly have taken him and you never strengthen your opponents.

We may have had other needs but we were going to have to go for a Reciever to replace Cobb and we got the best .

Jerry mustn't have been able to believe his luck in this move
I think Chaisson, Murray and even Queen would've been more useful picks, but I get your thought process yeah. Still he's going to be third on the depth chart for now, it seems a bit of overkill.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Looking back, the Pack were still within shouting distance of a SB towards the end under Favre so it’s weird how uncanny the optics are. Not saying it’s a good pick, just interesting. It’s actually terrible short term because there are still potential WR1s on the board.

Love has exponentially higher risk to him than Rodgers, whose only knocks were he was a bit of a cnut, had a unique throwing motion, and played for Tedford the ‘QB whisperer’ of the time.
To be honest even Gute doesn't sound that enthused, a lot of "it was just the way the board fell" which doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that this is the guy to replace your hall of famer. Hopefully they can follow recent history and get someone at WR in the second, but a lot of need elsewhere too.

arnie_ni

Happy with queen at 28 for the ravens.

The cowboys got a great pick

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
"When you're an elite athlete waiting to hear about a multi million dollar future, THEN you can have the phone. Until then, sit still."

I stayed up til half 2 last night. Slowwww....

What's thoughts about which teams did well/didn't? Sure Bengals and Cowboys happy... doesn't sound like there's a lot of love for the Packers 1st round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.