NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Simmons tag was expected, I still expect them to reach a full deal like the team have done with other tagged players in the past.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The 9ers would’ve won the Super Bowl last season with Brady under center, but I still wouldn’t make that deal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Both players having over 10m$ cap hits, their releases are sensible.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Things like free agency (which starts this week) and the NFL draft (even without having it be an open event for fans) will be even more magnified and dominate headlines. Every move will be super scrutinized and all eyeballs will be on the NFL due to the rest of the sports world hitting pause.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Personally, I'm not a fan of extending the season or playoffs.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Extending the season and playoffs seems like a terrible idea given how these guys get beaten up over the course of the existing schedule. Especially with the concerns over concussions.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
More meaningfull football - all for it, we’ll get used to it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Personally, I'm not a fan of extending the season or playoffs.
17 games would be great imo - as it would be more football for the fans. We went from 14 to 16 in the late 70s and its worked out great. The 17th game, from what I've read, would be on a neutral site to promote the international series, so no team would miss out on a home game.

Obviously - a slew of season stat records would fall if this happens.

Man of Leisure

I was perfectly fine with 16, but cool with 17 as well. Pretty sure we’ll be going to 18 at the next CBA. To offset the safety concerns from the extra game, they’ve eliminated a preseason game, will have less padded practices and add extra roster spots.

The most surprising thing is the players would agree to doing a 10-year deal. This might look very outdated by year 5 or so.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Calais Campbell traded to the Ravens for a 2020 5th round pick, wow.

Man of Leisure

Hearing now that Titans aren't interested in pursuing Brady as they're trying to re-sign Tannehill. Seeing how tomorrow is when teams can officially start talking to him, where do we think he ends up?
A) Chargers​
B) Raiders​
C) Bucs​
D) 49ers​
E) Patriots​

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Calais Campbell traded to the Ravens for a 2020 5th round pick, wow.
Incredible value. Ravens clearly making a big go for it whilst they have a championship game.

ha_rooney

I think it’s LA or Pats for Brady. Still expect him to leave NE.

Hephaestus

Tannehill's contract is pretty risky, 4 years at 30m a year based on a great half season. Would have though tagging him was the better move, see whether it was a fluke.

My money is on Tampa for Brady.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Tannehill's contract is pretty risky, 4 years at 30m a year based on a great half season. Would have though tagging him was the better move, see whether it was a fluke.

Tampa doesn’t seem as obvious initially but their name keeps popping up, which makes me think there is something in it.

Peyton to Denver seems an obvious marriage in retrospect, but if I recall they were far from favorites to sign him until towards the end.

Hephaestus

Tampa doesn’t seem as obvious initially but their name keeps popping up, which makes me think there is something in it.

Peyton to Denver seems an obvious marriage in retrospect, but if I recall they were far from favorites to sign him until towards the end.
Got to be one of the most appealing places for Brady, they've got two great WRs if he was annoyed at his lack of weapons and think Arians might help sell them over the Chargers. They went 7-9 last year even with Winston's 30 turnovers so I think they have potential with the right QB. Guessing Arians doesn't want to try and draft a rookie considering his age and health concerns.

backofthenet

He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy

From what I've read, they've been unable to agree on a long term contract for Henry, so need to use the tag on him.

Blatzo

Brady getting a huge retirement payout at Tampa and then them stinking up the place while he looks a ghost of his former self would be the most Tampa thing ever.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That contract for Tannehill is a complete joke. They are paying above the tag for a player with half a good season.

Dobba

Brady getting a huge retirement payout at Tampa and then them stinking up the place while he looks a ghost of his former self would be the most Tampa thing ever.
As a Bucs fan, unless the O-Line is the entire focus of the draft, I can safely say he'd be put into a coma on the opening offensive drive of Week 1.

ha_rooney

Dak Franchise Tagged.

Cousins & Vikings agree to 2-year extension.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Wow that's huge news. Thought they would've been better off to sign Cooper to a deal, don't think Dak will take a new stance on what kind of money he's after and he's just not worth that, won't be worth that either next season.

Cooper had even come out and said that he really wanted to be a Cowboy for life. Can set a precedent now for WR deals towards the future (think Thomas has the highest deal atm at 4 years $100m?).

EDIT: ah no, Julio has more. $64m of his $66m deal fully guaranteed as well :eek:

Tiber

Glad to see the draft hasn't been cancelled.

Nice to have something to look forward to other than corona news updates.

Going to be weird seeing it streamed from a conference room though

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That might be the worst trade I’ve seen. If I was a Cardinals representative, I couldn’t have stopped myself from laughing out loud during the negotiations. What the feck did BoB do?

Status
Not open for further replies.