NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nike has apparently stopped selling Washington merch on their online shop, because they refuse to change the teams name.
Comes after FedEx demanded they change the team name. FedEx being the stadium naming rights partner.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Comes after FedEx demanded they change the team name. FedEx being the stadium naming rights partner.
Apparently they also won’t be allowed to build a new stadium in DC until they change the name.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Apparently they also won’t be allowed to build a new stadium in DC until they change the name.
Surely this is too much pressure now, of the financial variety too which will be more likely to lead to something.

Hephaestus

At long bloody last. No idea why they put in that bit about the military though.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Wtf is Rivera on putting the military into his statement?

Btw, feck that organization and Lil Danny Snyder can suck a fat one. Dude has been telling anyone the past few years how one poll had 90% of Native Americans claiming the nickname wasn't racist. He's a dickhead. An aging, white asshole who gave $1.1M to Trump's inauguration and supported fecking Jeb Bush prior to that. Probably jerks off to images of his idol, Jerry Jones, holding three Lombardi trophies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wtf is Rivera on putting the military into his statement?
‘How to unnecessarily feck up a press release 101’.

Two other popular names are The Sentinels, from the Keanu Reeves movie. And The Redtails, in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen. Personally I’m in favor of The Pigskins, in honor of their fans.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
‘How to unnecessarily feck up a press release 101’.

Two other popular names are The Sentinels, from the Keanu Reeves movie. And The Redtails, in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen. Personally I’m in favor of The Pigskins, in honor of their fans.
Pioneers - in honor of the founding fathers per say

Marauders - it's what politics does to the average Jane and Joe

Senators - homage to the old baseball club and the political capitol

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Good move for both parties. Hopefully we’ve got some receivers this year that can help the QB.
Yeah I think it’s a good move. Will be interesting to see how our offence moves with this, in some ways we were already power run heavy so it’s probably not as big a change as one might think, except building in Cam runs to go with it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Seems a good deal from the Chiefs point of view. But is it a good deal from Mahomes point of view financially?

gormless

Seems a good deal from the Chiefs point of view. But is it a good deal from Mahomes point of view financially?
I don’t think it is good for the chiefs. So much can change in 10 years. Look at Blesdoe. Signs a 10 year contract with the Pats. 6 months later some late round pick called Tom Brady replaced him anyway

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's impossible to say for both parties, we don't have the contract details yet.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Isn't there some limit on how long contracts are allowed to be?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don’t think it is good for the chiefs. So much can change in 10 years. Look at Blesdoe. Signs a 10 year contract with the Pats. 6 months later some late round pick called Tom Brady replaced him anyway
Financially speaking it’s good for them, if anything goes to plan and he goes on to be one of the GOATs, cause even in 5 years he can’t ask for an exponential increase in salary. He has to go by the contract.

It’s like Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Lotter signing a contract with salary fixed before movie 1 when there are 7-8 movies to shoot and each movie is going to be bigger than the last one. It makes more sense from the studios POV but not much from the actor.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There must a significant amount guaranteed. Depending on that amount it could be still be a big number in 5 years.
That’s what I’m thinking. I expected him to hit the $40m/year mark but sign for 4-5 years. This is a serious commitment from both sides.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hope Mahomes was smart enough to include some opt-outs after a few years or so, otherwise this deal might not look so smart in a couple of years.

Chiefs have the better bet here to have concluded a good deal. Winning with good QBs on rookie contracts is the easier way to go but Mahomes on $40m MIGHT look like daylight robbery in a few years time.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Seems like a bit of a gamble working out a ten year contract in the mist of a pandemic and economic collapse, but what do I know. Could work out in either’s favor, but I’d guess the Chiefs’ if recent salary trajectories hold.

This puts it just ahead of Mike Trout for the largest contract in American sports, but Trout’s is guaranteed. That’s something that still surprises me; those MLB contracts for a sport in decline...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Even with the pandemic it won’t. They better hope it doesn’t go up too much in the coming years cause that means they have to pay him more.
Is it confirmed to be tied to the cap?

I was more thinking it'll be hilarious if they're committed to his salary from a lower cap but I agree they'll not let it drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.