NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The innernets are awash with rumors regarding a big story about to drop on Washington. There was a speculation it would be out today, but it’s not on WaPo’s website yet.

edcunited1878

The Washington American Football Team is about to go boom. Shit will hit the fan and Dan Snyder's ownership status will be in serious, genuine jeopardy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Washington American Football Team is about to go boom. Shit will hit the fan and Dan Snyder's ownership status will be in serious, genuine jeopardy.
I'd be delighted if I was a skins fan. They have been terrible since he took over. Between ditching him and the Redskins name, its time for a new beginning.

edcunited1878

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...ry-of-sexual-harassment-in-redskins-franchise

Some of the rumors are absolutely baffling. Synder will be forced to sell the team after this. They go from rock bottom to what ever is below that.
And those are what they are, rumors and very salacious rumors that shouldn't be thrown around just to spread as gossip. Until they can be reasonably be proven to be true, then can't take it to be 100% true.

But the culture that's been under Dan Snyder isn't a surprise because it's a suppressive and controlled environment. It's an Old Boy's Club to the exact definition and they don't hide from it, they think it's a grand old tradition that they need to uphold. Well it's actually held them back as a franchise and it's been clear as day to everyone else outside to the franchise they are just ass backwards. It's a joke of a franchise and has been under Snyder.

I'm interested to see what the NFL and Goodell ends up doing with the team. It's Snyder's team and his head is on the chopping block. NFL surly cannot condone this behavior, regardless of whatever bullshit lawyer they hired to conduct an internal review. If the NFL wants to be a better entity and a leading entity and to "protect the (NFL) Shield", then they would do their best to force Snyder into selling the team and just clearing house.

Neo_Mufc

Any advice for an NFL newb? I'm going to be joining an NFL fantasy league but a lot of my friends watch the sport and I just can't get into it.

I've seen the odd super bowl but wandering what is out there for me to get stuck into. I know about redzone every Sunday apart from that I know feck all.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...ry-of-sexual-harassment-in-redskins-franchise

Some of the rumors are absolutely baffling. Synder will be forced to sell the team after this. They go from rock bottom to what ever is below that.
I think he’ll worm his way out of this one, as he already fired two execs and forced retirement on the commentator. That is barring anything coming out that ties directly to him either committing the same harassment or covering it up over the years.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Any advice for an NFL newb? I'm going to be joining an NFL fantasy league but a lot of my friends watch the sport and I just can't get into it.

I've seen the odd super bowl but wandering what is out there for me to get stuck into. I know about redzone every Sunday apart from that I know feck all.
Are you asking for fantasy advice or just to get into watching football?

RDCR07

I think he’ll worm his way out of this one, as he already fired two execs and forced retirement on the commentator. That is barring anything coming out that ties directly to him either committing the same harassment or covering it up over the years.
I don’t know about this one. Some of the allegations are pretty scathing. Sexual assault/harassment, drug abuse, treating cheerleaders like hookers etc. There will be huge public pressure.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings

American football is like cricket, where the length of a game/match makes it basically impossible to tolerate if you don't enjoy it. Do you have a team already? Maybe just support a team with a great offense so you're less bored, like the Chiefs or Ravens.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

I was going to say play Madden, but the old one is still $40 in the PS Store. Red Zone is the most entertaining way to view aside from a sports bar, but it would help learning from the A-List commentators like Collinsworth or Romo. It also helps that they get the best teams.

It might also help starting with entertaining offenses: KC & Baltimore especially, perhaps Dallas or Arizona will be fun to watch. I don’t know about the Rams right now...Tampa Bay will be a circus this year and probably on TV a lot.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Joining a fantasy league when you don’t know the sport is quite a leap! I hope you’re not playing for money :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Both really.

Yeh probably a tenner that I will lose.
Don’t draft a QB early, go WR with your first pick.

Kicker and D/ST you can generally rotate and points differentials aren’t much so leave them to the end.

I’d recommend entering a bunch of mock drafts on the fantasy platform you’re using and making a note of what players go in the first few rounds, it’ll give you an idea of the value selections and where you should be focusing.

RDCR07

Don’t draft a QB early, go WR with your first pick.

Kicker and D/ST you can generally rotate and points differentials aren’t much so leave them to the end.

I’d recommend entering a bunch of mock drafts on the fantasy platform you’re using and making a note of what players go in the first few rounds, it’ll give you an idea of the value selections and where you should be focusing.
If you’re picks 1-5 you’re better with a RB than a WR. But overall with the first 4 picks I usually go 2 RBs and 2WRs. After that there is no particular order. It depends on who is available.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If you’re picks 1-5 you’re better with a RB than a WR. But overall with the first 4 picks I usually go 2 RBs and 2WRs. After that there is no particular order. It depends on who is available.
I’ve not played the last few years tbf but I’d lean WR, RB, WR, RB in that order in the first 4 but you probably know better then me.

I’d have though WRs would edge RBs in a pass heavy league?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is a random thought but I’ve found myself reading the football forums and when people refer to a “CB” I read cornerback in my mind every time before correcting myself.

RDCR07

I’ve not played the last few years tbf but I’d lean WR, RB, WR, RB in that order in the first 4 but you probably know better then me.

Yeah sometimes it’s a tricky one navigate cause drafts rarely go as you planned. In PPR if it’s a receiving back say for example Mccaffrey you want him over even a top WR cause when QBs are in trouble or in need of only a few yards they dump it off to the RB. If it’s a 2 yard gain he still gets points for reception. But yeah last year my was the first time I went 3WRs and 1RBs with my first 4 picks and luckily enough I actually won. It was Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Mike Evans and then Aaron Jones.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is a random thought but I’ve found myself reading the football forums and when people refer to a “CB” I read cornerback in my mind every time before correcting myself.
I don't it with RB.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

just a sample of the many tweets sent from players in a clearly highly coordinated message to the league.

2020 season still might not even happen.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’ll be interested to know how many of them will actually refuse to play. Until there’s a significant number then I don’t see the owners caring much.

Also, if they start imposing city lockdowns (eg LA), what happens to those teams?! Are they expected to play elsewhere? I don’t see the NFL enacting a bubble like NBA.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Also, if they start imposing city lockdowns (eg LA), what happens to those teams?! Are they expected to play elsewhere? I don’t see the NFL enacting a bubble like NBA.
A special exemption from the Mayor or Governor could be requested that allows for a gathering the size of two full staffs with no fans in places where it is a hard limit on # of people allowed together that is preventing them playing.

Otherwise, places like Vegas when the Raiders are out of town would be attractive. There are plenty of NCAAF and High School stadiums around. The ‘road‘ team could also host in a pinch: as unfair as that is, it is less of an advantage without a full crowd.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Goddammit I love Kirk but that's hilarious. What else did they think was gonna happen.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Yeah sometimes it’s a tricky one navigate cause drafts rarely go as you planned. In PPR if it’s a receiving back say for example Mccaffrey you want him over even a top WR cause when QBs are in trouble or in need of only a few yards they dump it off to the RB. If it’s a 2 yard gain he still gets points for reception. But yeah last year my was the first time I went 3WRs and 1RBs with my first 4 picks and luckily enough I actually won. It was Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Mike Evans and then Aaron Jones.
Last year you could indeed win with that strategy (I funnily enough had the same with Julio, Thomas, Amari and Carson as my first 4) but that's not the case anymore this year. The state of the RB position is that you kinda need to load up on RBs early. The only WRs going in the top 9 right now in PPR are Thomas at 3 and Adams at 7 and even then you're drafting both at their ceilings in those spots. Imagine if you draft Thomas at 3, the RBs left when it gets back to you are the likes of Gurley, Gordon, Fournette, Edwars-Helaire. All players which come with question marks, and you don't want that as your RB1. Going WR/WR could make sense at the turn but even then you're left with gash RBs when it gets back to you at the 3/4 turn.

The only zero RB strategy that would maybe make sense this season if you go WR heavy early coupled with a top 2 QB/RB (i.e. Mahomes/Lamar or Kelce/Kittle) and then draft like 8 RBs in a row which could have league-winning upside if the dominos fall accordingly. The likes of Hunt, Pollard, Mattison all have that when the guy in front of them goes down. Or there are currently still some very undervalued backs going in the 4th or 5th round like Taylor and Montgomery which could turn out to be steals at their current ADP.

Cheers guys.
Be sure you're committed season-long, there's nothing worse than a friend who doesn't set his line-ups midway through the season.

Other than that, start listening to some podcasts in your car or something like that. I'd suggest the FantasyPros podcasts, they're funny and give out accurate advice too. They did a piece on draft tips just last week which included some excellent advice for first-time drafters. Hit me up if you have any other questions pre-draft, or I'd gladly help you before your draft too. If you really get into it, it's great fun, and in turn it gets you more into the actual football if your fantasy team is doing well.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We're 7 weeks away from the first game of the season. Can't friggin wait.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Status
Not open for further replies.