NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Random factoid I just saw: before yesterday, in NFL history teams scoring 39+ with no turnovers were 440 W - 0 L.

I think the Falcons might have a coaching change next year.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Man, Wilson is on another level right now. 11 incompletions, 9 TDs in 2 games :lol:

MVP race is gonna be great this year: Mahomes, Lamar, Wilson, Rodgers with a vengeance, Kyler Murray taking a step forward in his sophomore year, ...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Random factoid I just saw: before yesterday, in NFL history teams scoring 39+ with no turnovers were 440 W - 0 L.

I think the Falcons might have a coaching change next year.
I've still not settled down from that Dallas win last night. Absolutely incredible game. Was absolutely buzzing all night.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Man, Wilson is on another level right now. 11 incompletions, 9 TDs in 2 games :lol:

MVP race is gonna be great this year: Mahomes, Lamar, Wilson, Rodgers with a vengeance, Kyler Murray taking a step forward in his sophomore year, ...
If I gave you these choices to bet on for MVP, which would you take?
  1. Mahomes, Lamar
  2. Russ, Rodgers, Kyler
  3. The field
I wish we could do a bet with the winner choosing embarrassing avatars or tag lines for the others, but that won’t work on the Caf. My choice would be #2.

lsd

The Oracle
  1. Mahomes, Lamar
  2. Russ, Rodgers, Kyler
  3. The field
I wish we could do a bet with the winner choosing embarrassing avatars or tag lines for the others, but that won’t work on the Caf. My choice would be #2.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
  1. Mahomes, Lamar
  2. Russ, Rodgers, Kyler
  3. The field
How do you blur something like that? :lol:

My bet right now would be Lamar since I think the Ravens will have the best regular season record, which it may come down to. As for actual importance to his team (what MVP should ideally be), Wilson might be ahead of the rest. It would certainly eliminate Kyler for me at the very least.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Interesting ref crew tonight. Got Ed Hochuli’s son Shawn and a woman referee, Sarah Thomas who I can’t make my mind up yet if she’s attractive or not. Shawn doesn’t have guns like his dad.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Death Star is alright; the black seats are cool as is the open end with the torch and windows. It is not up there with LA or Jerry world, but better than playing on a baseball diamond.

Man of Leisure

The Death Star is alright; the black seats are cool as is the open end with the torch and windows. It is not up there with LA or Jerry world, but better than playing on a baseball diamond.
Actually looks walkable too from Mandalay Bay from the outside shots. Maybe later towards Oct/Nov when it cools down.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I'm convinced this might be the greatest onside kick in league history. It was like watching a squib down the fist or third base line... will it go fair or foul. Also, first time I've ever noticed a kicker kicking from the ground. I'm sure it happens but just do not recall ever seeing it, without a player holding for him.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So can the Broncos just... like... forgo the rest of the season? At this rate we’re gonna have to sign a whole new team.
Nah, we need playing time for the rooks and for Chubb to get back in shape. Also we’ll hopefully see enough from Lock in a month or two to decide against taking a QB at what will be a better than expected draft position.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Actually looks walkable too from Mandalay Bay from the outside shots. Maybe later towards Oct/Nov when it cools down.
I’m not big on visiting NFL stadiums for games, but one could easily talk me into a long weekend in Vegas and a game. Vegas would be raking it in right now even more than usual were it not the pandemic.

Is it built over where the massacre was? I can’t place either exactly but I caught a clip where it looked close to the corner suites at Mandalay.

Man of Leisure

I’m not big on visiting NFL stadiums for games, but one could easily talk me into a long weekend in Vegas and a game. Vegas would be raking it in right now even more than usual were it not the pandemic.

Is it built over where the massacre was? I can’t place either exactly but I caught a clip where it looked close to the corner suites at Mandalay.
Right nearby. I believe the festival grounds where the shooting happened was turned into a stadium parking lot.

Redcafe meetup at Broncos/Raiders game for all you Denver fans?

Kearnkoff69

What do we think about the new MNF crew? No Tessitore and Booger is a big thumbs up for me.
No Booger is a huge plus. So far I’m getting too much of an “NFL Network” vibe from the announcing, but obviously no fans doesn’t help at all. They haven’t been bad, but also doesn’t feel like ~Monday Night Football~ to me. MNF will always be Madden/Al Michaels in my mind.

Man of Leisure

No Booger is a huge plus. So far I’m getting too much of an “NFL Network” vibe from the announcing, but obviously no fans doesn’t help at all. They haven’t been bad, but also doesn’t feel like ~Monday Night Football~ to me. MNF will always be Madden/Al Michaels in my mind.
When I started watching MNF, it was Michaels, Dierdorf and Gifford. Feck I'm old. :(

Man of Leisure

That Saints offense looks so neutered without Thomas in it. Brees constantly targeting Kamara. He's gotta be done after this season.

Surprised to learn that Derek Carr is only 3 TDs away from being the Raiders career leader in passing TDs. Just shows how little QB talent they've actually had.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
That Saints offense looks so neutered without Thomas in it. Brees constantly targeting Kamara. He's gotta be done after this season.

Surprised to learn that Derek Carr is only 3 TDs away from being the Raiders career leader in passing TDs. Just shows how little QB talent they've actually had.
more down to the era / length of time. stabler is a hall of famer, lamonica was a 2 time mvp, gannon was a mvp, even plunkett won 2 super bowls.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
more down to the era / length of time. stabler is a hall of famer, lamonica was a 2 time mvp, gannon was a mvp, even plunkett won 2 super bowls.
Ah, Stabler was the name I was trying to remember there. Sometimes I get my old QBs mixed up with people like Staubach.

Man of Leisure

Yah sign of the times for sure. Took the Snake 10 years to do what Carr will do in a little over 6.

Man of Leisure

Ah, Stabler was the name I was trying to remember there. Sometimes I get my old QBs mixed up with people like Staubach.
Those two are prolly as opposite of personalities as you’ll find tbf. The Snake was a wild man partying with Madden's Raiders while Staubach was a conservative, straight-laced Navy man playing for Landry’s America’s team.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Got the vikings game from yesterday recorded...

Without too many hints..is it worth watching?? Or catch some highlights?

Just seen the highlights of Bengals Browns. Decent watch
Probably only be good for entertainment if you wanna laugh at Kirk Cousins, or Vikings O-Line, or Kirk Cousins.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I basically watched no Raiders last season, this was a surprise.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Those two are prolly as opposite of personalities as you’ll find tbf. The Snake was a wild man partying with Madden's Raiders while Staubach was a conservative, straight-laced Navy man playing for Landry’s America’s team.
Oh right, Roger was the guy responsible for that gem of a quote trying to be as cool as Broadway Joe...

“I enjoy sex as much as Joe Namath,” Staubach quips. “Only I do it with one girl, ya know, but it’s still fun.”

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I've seen some mentions on Twitter that Zuerlein's kick is "the future of onside kicks". Surely there won't be many teams out there who'd be ball-watching such kicks like the Falcons did on Sunday though, can't see many of them being recovered by the kicking team if the receiving team can jump on it before it has traveled 10 yards.

This is just madness. I was not in on Herbert but he looked the real deal on Sunday in a difficult situation. Why on earth would you return to Taylor? We know who he is and what he brings to the team, can't see why Lynn would want another average season record.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I haven't watched enough NFL to form many strong opinions, but feck Sean Payton and his wax face.

Status
Not open for further replies.