NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Very impressed by Gruden , building a solid roster and he called a great game last night. That Fg was a ballsy call but if you have faith in your kicker then it was 100% the right call

Compare this to the chargers choosing to take the ball in OT and then punting on 4th &1 with Mahomes on the other side. If you have so much faith in your defence that it can stop Mahomes from getting a FG then why not just give the ball to the chiefs to start ? That made no sense

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Very impressed by Gruden , building a solid roster and he called a great game last night. That Fg was a ballsy call but if you have faith in your kicker then it was 100% the right call

Compare this to the chargers choosing to take the ball in OT and then punting on 4th &1 with Mahomes on the other side. If you have so much faith in your defence that it can stop Mahomes from getting a FG then why not just give the ball to the chiefs to start ? That made no sense
Would've been the most stupid call of the weekend if not for the Giants gaining 5 yards on the 15-yard line with 9 seconds to go :lol:

As a general trend though I start to feel more and more teams going for it on 4th and short, and rightfully so in most situations. But yeah, Chargers should've gone for it there. If you don't get it you lose the game, but if you punt with Mahomes on the other side, the percentage of you losing the game isn't much lower than not converting. Still not enough coaches that treat it as a numbers game imo.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Really surprised and pleased by the Raiders win last night. We're not getting a lot of pressure on the QB but our linebackers and secondary look better than last year. Plus Carr looks to be back to 2016/17 levels. Also Waller is a fecking beast

Kearnkoff69

When I started watching MNF, it was Michaels, Dierdorf and Gifford. Feck I'm old. :(
Now that is a throwback. I caught some of that era but not all. There have been some really charismatic commentary units over the years. Hopefully this new crew steps it up as they develop chemistry, but first impressions left me feeling like they lack the gravitas to carry the programming.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I love the statistics part of the NFL but there are always lines like that out there which can make anyone look good if you filter enough depending on what you're looking for.

Derek Carr has been (below) average for the last two seasons and no stats can convince me otherwise. What you see on the field matters as much as their stats, and he has been living around the line of scrimmage the past few years. I can't seem to find his ADOT but doubt it's at the league's average.

Only has one winning season out of 6 as well, compared to Wilson's 8 out of 8. Durable though, only missed 2 games in his entire career so far.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Elway back to his ironic QB blindness.

Why not bring Kap in one a one year deal? Surely he’d be a better option even now.

ha_rooney

I keep hearing how teams should tank, is Trevor Lawrence that good that he’s a certainty to succeed?!

YAMS49

I keep hearing how teams should tank, is Trevor Lawrence that good that he’s a certainty to succeed?!
He's the most surefire prospect since Luck as mentioned, yes. Another Elway, has faultless throwing mechanics. There's Justin Fields as well who is also a very good prospect, definite top three pick. Two elite QB's is this class.

Penie Sewell could split them, he's a franchise lock at left tackle. They are always in very high demand.

ha_rooney

1st or 2nd best QB prospect this century along with Andrew Luck.
He's the most surefire prospect since Luck as mentioned, yes. Another Elway, has faultless throwing mechanics. There's Justin Fields as well who is also a very good prospect, definite top three pick. Two elite QB's is this class.

Penie Sewell could split them, he's a franchise lock at left tackle. They are always in very high demand.
Ah ok... thanks guys.

YAMS49

Lawrence is 6"6, mobile but not in a Wilson/Murray way, more Mahomes/Watson/Newton. He's equally accurate in & out of the pocket & he has a cannon for an arm like Mahomes but the touch throws as well.

He's plain scary at Clemson.

Kearnkoff69

Lawrence is 6"6, mobile but not in a Wilson/Murray way, more Mahomes/Watson/Newton. He's equally accurate in & out of the pocket & he has a cannon for an arm like Mahomes but the touch throws as well.

He's plain scary at Clemson.
Agree that Lawrence is nearly certain to succeed, but the Mahomes comparisons are a little off for me. I can't really think of another modern player that really analogizes well - maybe Luck, actually. He has a big arm but not a generational arm like Mahomes, if that makes sense. In other words, he's not going to produce throws that make you say "that shouldn't be physically possible" in the same way that Mahomes does. That said, he's got a big arm and can make throws to all three levels of the field. I still think he has a long way to go in terms of processing - many of his awful INTs last year were just bad reads IMO. I do think the teams that miss out on him will be more than happy to end up with Sewell at OT or Fields as the next best QB in the draft. Fields is a full year of starting experience behind Lawrence and thus has more ground to make up on the reading and processing side of the game, but he's equally as gifted athletically. If he fell into the right situation, he could end up being as good as Lawrence in 3-5 years. Should be a really interesting draft class, to be honest.

YAMS49

Fair analysis, I'd argue that Mahomes has really kicked on since his TT days. He was more gunslinger at College level & was definitely under evaluated at by the scouts. His pro day propelled him up the charts. Lawrence & Fields are both ready now prospects. Although again no doubt Mahomes benefitted hugely sitting for a year at KC.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I thought Lawrence was underwhelming last season and is mainly living off his reputation of 2 seasons ago?

Surely Burrow was the better prospect (since Luck) after the season he had with LSU before entering the NFL.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I thought Lawrence was underwhelming last season and is mainly living off his reputation of 2 seasons ago?

Surely Burrow was the better prospect (since Luck) after the season he had with LSU before entering the NFL.
He had a sophomore slump at the start of the year, but I don’t think it changes this calculus much. If Tua hadn’t blown out his hip it’s not even a given Burrow would go ahead of him. In a bizarro world where Trevor was eligible and Tua was healthy then Trevor would still go #1.

And before y’all start giving me shit this is not just because he broke bowl game records against OU. :angel:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wait, Broncos fans want to ditch Drew Lock already? Am confused.
Not necessarily, he’ll be back in 6 weeks which gives him enough time to show what he’s made of and make the case for his position.

He’s got something about him and I’m not moving on yet but his passer rating isn’t good and he overthrows a lot on deep balls.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wait, Broncos fans want to ditch Drew Lock already? Am confused.
Nah, we are just joking about how bad the season is going so far which turned into talking about the draft. Denver won’t get the top pick; that’ll be the Jags, Jets, Panthers, etc.

That said if we did after more bad voodoo then we’re definitely taking Trevor.

Last edited:

YAMS49

Lawrence will go no.1, it's a given.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Lawrence will go no.1, it's a given.
Yeah I don't doubt that, I was just questioning him being the best prospect coming out of college since Luck, given the pedigree which Burrow came into the league with after his historic season.

YAMS49

Yeah I don't doubt that, I was just questioning him being the best prospect coming out of college since Luck, given the pedigree which Burrow came into the league with after his historic season.
Ah I see, well as far as I'm aware Lawrence has rave ratings from every 'expert' out there. His dynamics & mechanics are off the charts.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

He was pretty good both years, it’s just that last year seemed less good because they lost the title game. That said, I’m not sure how he will do as a pro.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Gale Sayers passed away.

Who is the soccer equivalent to him? Someone who only really played around 5 years but is still considered one of the greatest, and might’ve been the greatest were it not for injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.