NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Arians turned Palmer into a semi-superstar, I'm sure he'll work well with Brady. Can't remember whether the Bucs have a decent O-line or not, but Brady will love OJ Howard and Evans/Godwin.

Also wonder what this means for Winston both short and long term.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Arians turned Palmer into a semi-superstar, I'm sure he'll work well with Brady. Can't remember whether the Bucs have a decent O-line or not, but Brady will love OJ Howard and Evans/Godwin.

Also wonder what this means for Winston both short and long term.
Palmer had his best years in his early to mid 30s. Brady is well into his 40s and fading fast. Can't see this as anything more than a final year holiday for Tom.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The NFC South will have a new look... Carolina without Rivera and probably Cam. Bucs with TB (not that disease).

Not quite as interesting as the NFC West though, which should get it’s own subscription plan or something.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s obviously not as good as 5 years ago, but I don’t think he’s as bad as people are making out. The Pats OL was decimated last year & we had feck all at WR after week 2. That said, $30m/year at this stage for Brady is too much.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
"$30m per year" suggests that it's a multiple year deal? :houllier:

Wonder if Godwin will give up #12. Really hope he doesn't.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
"$30m per year" suggests that it's a multiple year deal? :houllier:

Wonder if Godwin will give up #12. Really hope he doesn't.
I believe quite a few deals are "multi-year" but truly a one or two year deal where teams can get out of a bad deal and the player cashes in on more up-front guarantees. I'd be surprised if Brady is there beyond 2021.

Read today, on ESPN think it was, that some players are taking short deals hoping to cash in 2023 think it was, when the new TV deals kick-in/get negotiated and the cap rises significantly.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I really am struggling to understand... but alas it was it is.

I think he will be decent enough there.

feck knows what we will do at QB.

muller

Noises from the Patriots are that we were never in for Teddy B, Rivers, Brees etc etc - and that we have a plan.

Which, in my mind is either:

• Play Stidham. Big noise around him last year in camp and all year in practice.
  • Bring back Brissett. Start/Compete with Stidham for a year.
  • Dalton. A QB who everyone rated 2 years ago, decline but a vet with experience.
I honestly have no idea what i'd prefer. I can't see us pursuing Cam or Jameis.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Noises from the Patriots are that we were never in for Teddy B, Rivers, Brees etc etc - and that we have a plan.

Which, in my mind is either:

• Play Stidham. Big noise around him last year in camp and all year in practice.
  • Bring back Brissett. Start/Compete with Stidham for a year.
  • Dalton. A QB who everyone rated 2 years ago, decline but a vet with experience.
I honestly have no idea what i'd prefer. I can't see us pursuing Cam or Jameis.
There are some good QBs coming out of college this year that BB probably has his eye on.

muller

There are some good QBs coming out of college this year that BB probably has his eye on.
Would he rate them higher then Stidham with a year of NFL backup under his belt? Or Brissett who has won games for us?

Unsure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would he rate them higher then Stidham with a year of NFL backup under his belt? Or Brissett who has won games for us?

Unsure.
I don't know whether or not he rates Stidham as a starter or someone who can occasionally play if the real starter is hurt. Brisset had a mediocre rating in Indy, so I'm not sure if he would be the answer either. Belichick should be looking at someone like Justin Herbert or Jake Frohm imo.

muller

I don't know whether or not he rates Stidham as a starter or someone who can occasionally play if the real starter is hurt. Brisset had a mediocre rating in Indy, so I'm not sure if he would be the answer either. Belichick should be looking at someone like Justin Herbert or Jake Frohm imo.
Frohm would probably fit better with what we have, but again - a starter from day 1? Interesting times at least..

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
it might not be now or even for a few years, but there is more to the story of Brady leaving I think and it’ll eventually come out.

muller

it might not be now or even for a few years, but there is more to the story of Brady leaving I think and it’ll eventually come out.
It's already out. 20 years of 3 incredible men trying to work together with 90% success - friction ignored for the greater good.

An ageing QB who wants to get paid a good sum (which is fair enough) and a new challenge and probably being asked to do things which he doesn't want to do by the least emotive man on the planet who doesn't have place in his heart for attachment to any players.

Story is there.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Michael Irvin just went on ESPN's Get Up and said that according to DeAndre Hopkins, Bill O'Brien called him into a meeting once saying the last time he had to do something similar was because of Aaron Hernandez and criticized him for having his baby mamas around. Supposedly after that meeting, things just deteriorated between them. Either Irvin is back on the yay-yo or Bill O'Brien is really out of touch. Couldn't believe what I was hearing and Greenberg quickly cut away to commercial. :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Michael Irvin just went on ESPN's Get Up and said that according to DeAndre Hopkins, Bill O'Brien called him into a meeting once saying the last time he had to do something similar was because of Aaron Hernandez and criticized him for having his baby mamas around. Supposedly after that meeting, things just deteriorated between them. Either Irvin is back on the yay-yo or Bill O'Brien is really out of touch. Couldn't believe what I was hearing and Greenberg quickly cut away to commercial. :lol:
That's fecking disgusting. I'm done with this franchise as long as O'Brien is around, at this point I'd rather they also trade Watt and/or Watson and I could just completely give up on them.

Might be watching some more Cards games next season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That's intriguing, there has to be a big move coming?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

For a 3th and 5th rounder in this year's draft. Lions just signed Desmond Trufant from the Falcons on a 2-year deal.

Good pick-up from the Eagles, a top tier player at a position they mightily struggled last season.

Sandyman

For a 3th and 5th rounder in this year's draft. Lions just signed Desmond Trufant from the Falcons on a 2-year deal.

Good pick-up from the Eagles, a top tier player at a position they mightily struggled last season.
3 year deal for $50 million with $30 million guaranteed, making him the highest paid CB in the NFL.

He'll probably just get up injured like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.