NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is this real?!?
I’ve heard it mentioned before the Brady news broke & some people think he’s the ideal type of QB for BB. Personally, I’d hope we were focusing on Bridgewater.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Andrew Luck ?
Really don’t see him returning after the sudden nature of his retirement. Health was clearly his priority and rightly so.

edit: he’d also need to Colts to agree to trade him if he did decide to return, but he won’t.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Would be fun if everyone suddenly realizes that Brady is close to done, doesn't get an offer anymore and has to retire with his last ever throw a pick 6 against the fecking Titans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If I'm Belichick - I would take a close look at Alex Smith, who probably wont play again for the Skins but if fully recovered, would be a decent one year transitional option.

Then in this year's draft go after either Love, Fromm, or Eason - or even trade up to possibly get Herbert.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If I'm Belichick I offer a first round for Cousins.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If I'm Belichick I offer a first round for Cousins.
Trouble is, the Pats are now a team in transition with several players FAs, so Cousins (and his $21m cap hit) wouldn't be able to immediately lead them to glory. Even in Brady's final year, the wheels were already starting to wobble a bit.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Belichek will probably convert Edelman back to QB and get 10 years of service out of him or just draft some random in the 6th round again and start him on day 1.

muller

Teddy B to the Panthers

Brees stays in NO

Rivers going to Indy

Patriot options falling away - might end up with Stidham on week 1.

drdoityourself

I promised myself when I started following the NFL, not to tie myself to one team like I do with United. With the Panthers moving on from Cam, Rivera, Olsen and Kuechly retiring I have very little connection to that team.
I developed a bit of an interest in the Browns when Sashi Brown started stockpiling picks. That has only grown and nowadays I look a lot more out for news on Cleveland than for Carolina. So I'm making the leap, i have become a Cleveland Browns fan.

Can't believe they are handing so much money to a gamemanager like Teddy Bridgewater. Not a lot of interesting players left on that roster, McCaffrey and maybe DJ Moore and Brian Burns.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
All this talk about Brady going to the Bucs sorta makes sense... Bruce Arians, weapons at skill positions, no state income tax, playing in the NFC, etc. Except it's the fecking Glazers!! We're talking about the Bucs and Glazers here. Hard to wrap my head around Brady choosing to go to a franchise steeped in such ineptitude.

Chargers have equally poor ownership with the Spanos. But at least they're in LA.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure I see the logic in this. The likes of Rivers and Brady would need to move to a team that is capable of winning the Super Bowl next year in order to be effective at their respective ages. Anything short of that would be a waste of time for all parties involved since both could easily retire after a year.

gormless

Pats week 1 of 2019 season had the following offence : Brady, Michel (prior to his sophomore slump when he looked extremely promising), Gordon, Demaryius Thomas, AB (when it looked like he might have been faking madness to get to the Pats) and Edelman. Strong rumours that Gronks retirement was gonna be very brief.

Pats right now: Edelman throwing to himself

Hephaestus

Not sure I see the logic in this. The likes of Rivers and Brady would need to move to a team that is capable of winning the Super Bowl next year in order to be effective at their respective ages. Anything short of that would be a waste of time for all parties involved since both could easily retire after a year.
The Colts managed to go 7-9 with Jacoby Brissett as their QB and TY Hilton injured a lot of the time. With their offensive line and with the addition of Buckner, they will be capable of winning it all if Rivers still has anything left. They're pretty much the perfect place for someone like Rivers to go.

bucky

Seahawks should have been all over this.
Agreed. Not surprising though.

The Colts managed to go 7-9 with Jacoby Brissett as their QB and TY Hilton injured a lot of the time. With their offensive line and with the addition of Buckner, they will be capable of winning it all if Rivers still has anything left. They're pretty much the perfect place for someone like Rivers to go.
Exactly, they were one of the favourites this time last year with Luck still around.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He needs to be a bit more productive if he wants to keep playing imo. That said, he's only 33. For comparison Olsen is 35 and Gates played until 38, so he can definitely contribute about 50 receptions or more for the next couple of years.
And Witten just signed with the Raiders.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The Witten signing is kinda strange with the breakout season that Waller had. Guess it's only a 1-yr deal.
And they also have Moreau as a decent redzone threat. Sucks because I have Waller in a dynasty league.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Surprised by this. Really thought he would end up in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.