NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Very good news for the Browns, hopefully Teller and Conklin will also be available. Can't really make up my mind about this one: one moment I think "it's the Chiefs and it's the Browns" and that they'll get blown out, a minute later I'm thinking they genuinely have a shot at this. The Chiefs haven't been that good the last two months of the season - if the Browns can establish their running attack, it could really be a close game.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

Very good news for the Browns, hopefully Teller and Conklin will also be available. Can't really make up my mind about this one: one moment I think "it's the Chiefs and it's the Browns" and that they'll get blown out, a minute later I'm thinking they genuinely have a shot at this. The Chiefs haven't been that good the last two months of the season - if the Browns can establish their running attack, it could really be a close game.
I think something really interesting is that the Steelers couldn’t get to Mayfield and that’s a top quality defence. The Chiefs have a non existent pass rush. If the Browns can hold their nerve, run the ball well and keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible I really think they have a shot. But, play off inexperience and comparatively the Mahomes X factor all go against them.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This is a bit bizarre?
It's part of the new rules which reward teams that hire minority coaches and executives:

2020 RESOLUTION JC-2A

Whereas, the member clubs believe that policies designed to promote equal employment opportunity and a diverse and inclusive workforce advance significant league interests, including improved decision making, enhanced business performance, and representing the NFL as an employer of choice that hires and promotes based on merit; and

Whereas, the member clubs have adopted policies extending over several decades in furtherance of these goals, including policies designed to permit upward mobility and advancement of club employees, particularly those in coaching and football operations roles; and

Whereas, the member clubs believe that it is appropriate to take additional steps to enhance opportunities for employment and advancement of minorities and women in key positions, including leadership roles in coaching, personnel, and football operations,

Be it Resolved, that the League Policy on Equal Employment and Workplace Diversity will be amended as follows:

(i) The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive, or for the next three Drafts if it has two employees hired for both positions. The reference to the hiring of employees into “both positions” could be by the same club or different clubs. The following will apply to the Draft choice compensation:
a. Any compensatory Draft picks awarded pursuant to this Policy will be at the end of the third round following all compensatory Draft picks awarded to clubs pursuant to Appendix V of the NFL-NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
b. If multiple clubs are awarded compensatory Draft picks pursuant to this Policy, then the order of those picks at the end of the third round will follow the original selection order for that Draft established prior to any trades or other adjustments.

(ii) The employer-club shall be eligible to receive this Draft choice compensation if:
a. The minority employee hired as a Head Coach or Primary Football Executive has been employed by the employer-club for a minimum of two full seasons; and
b. The minority employee is not the Head Coach or Primary Football Executive of the employer-club and is hired into the same position with the new club. There can be no break in employment between clubs.
I'm not sure what to think of it, to be honest.

RoadTrip

It's part of the new rules which reward teams that hire minority coaches and executives:

I'm not sure what to think of it, to be honest.
Like I completely get what they’re trying to. And completely get the underlying objective. And that i of course agree with.

But it’s just a weird set of rules where the team FROM which a coach is hired (49ers) are rewarded. Like I get the logic (could say the 49ers contributed to his experience which ultimately got him hired as a HC) but, yeah. Just odd.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I think something really interesting is that the Steelers couldn’t get to Mayfield and that’s a top quality defence. The Chiefs have a non existent pass rush. If the Browns can hold their nerve, run the ball well and keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible I really think they have a shot. But, play off inexperience and comparatively the Mahomes X factor all go against them.
My useless two cents... the Browns are in this game simply because Pittsburgh gave them something like 28 points off turnovers.

Big Ben threw for 501 yards and 4 TDs and Pittsbugh totaled 553 yards on offense to Cleveland's 390 (neither pass rush record a sack), 34 first downs to 20, and went 8/15 on third down and 3/3 on fourth down. Imagine what happens if the Steelers are not committing football suicide against Cleveland. May have been a rout. If Mahomes is tossing for 400+ yards KC will win this by 20+.

RoadTrip

My useless two cents... the Browns are in this game simply because Pittsburgh gave them something like 28 points off turnovers.

Big Ben threw for 501 yards and 4 TDs and Pittsbugh totaled 553 yards on offense to Cleveland's 390 (neither pass rush record a sack), 34 first downs to 20, and went 8/15 on third down and 3/3 on fourth down. Imagine what happens if the Steelers are not committing football suicide against Cleveland. May have been a rout. If Mahomes is tossing for 400+ yards KC will win this by 20+.
All valid points too.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
A little surprised Jets went with a defensive guy in Saleh, their offense needs a whole new identity. But he’s bringing LaFleur’s brother who’s been working under Shanahan so that might do the trick.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Yeah. The city of cleveland must have taken the biggest sigh of relief ever when Tomlin chose to punt. If he went for it they convert, 100%, score a TD and then it's a 1 possession game, the steelers likely win that game

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Falcons have hired Arthus Smith as their new HC.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Some pics circulating about him having words with a woman about a / their baby.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mark Ingram a healthy scratch tonight because of salary cap considerations. It’s a business but gotta feel for him, that sucks.

Charlie Foley

Watson and Kittle are probably my two favourite players after Watt. Just a shame about Bosa the Trump fan.
Yeah a pity that. The 49ers franchise and team overall seems like a pretty solid group of guys (I am obviously biased, sure, but compare it to the Harbaugh era and it’s notably less toxic...) so I hope that group is exposing him to new ways of viewing the world and growing as a person. Who knows.
Sucks ass we couldn’t win at least one SB with Kap.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Annoys me that the BBC don't reschedule the NFL show during the playoffs. Great having a preview show airing during the games the show is previewing.

RooneyLegend

Will be very interesting to see how that bad man that is Aaron Rodgers deals with the rams defence.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Kupp is out like expected. Donald says he’s fine but that was a rib cartilage tear...

LA’s defense is still good enough to keep it respectable.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah a pity that. The 49ers franchise and team overall seems like a pretty solid group of guys (I am obviously biased, sure, but compare it to the Harbaugh era and it’s notably less toxic...) so I hope that group is exposing him to new ways of viewing the world and growing as a person. Who knows.
Sucks ass we couldn’t win at least one SB with Kap.
If Deshaun joins you guys I’m switching allegiances, I swear. Houston sucks :(

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If McDaniels goes, it could mean that BB is staying for another couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.