NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

Why do they run into a wall of players in that play?

Why not do something like rugby and pass it sideways and then run? I mean its not like you expect the wall of players to explode on contact.. they're just going to stand there

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
So TB had the ball within a yard of the end zone, the defence stopped them getting any further and play turns over to KC. Why?

This is the longest I’ve ever watched an NFL game, so explain like I’m five please.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Kelce should’ve got that. Tampa’s D is getting terrific pressure on Mahomes.

SwedishFish

So TB had the ball within a yard of the end zone, the defence stopped them getting any further and play turns over to KC. Why?

This is the longest I’ve ever watched an NFL game, so explain like I’m five please.
You have 4 attempts then the ball gets turned over to the other team.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

they've got 4 chances to get the end zone / first down and then the other team gets the ball

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

so you get 4 tries to either make the 10 yards, or score if the goal line is closer than the 10 yards. That try was the 4th so if you haven’t made it the ball turns over

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

It was their 4th down. After 4 downs without getting 10 Yards, or a TD in this case, possession of the ball changes.

ha_rooney

More penalties already in this game than the NFC Championship

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
54 stops a running Ronald Jones ON the goalline. What a fecking play.
Reminded me of this all-time great play.

Norton made two great tackles on that series at 0:07 and 1:31. They got a pick on 4th down. Cowboys knew they were passing and disguised their scheme perfectly, leading to an Everett pick. If vid doesnt work just paste this into search bar
Dallas Goal Line Stand SB 27, Ken Norton JR. all time SB Play w/Jack Buck & Hank Stram

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why do they run into a wall of players in that play?

Why not do something like rugby and pass it sideways and then run? I mean its not like you expect the wall of players to explode on contact.. they're just going to stand there
They do sometimes but they usually think they can create a gap.

But yeah, I watched Wales earlier v Ireland and 2 passes and he's in in the corner. Risk is drop the ball and lose it

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Out of my 2 MVP picks, one has had a TD hit him in the facemask and the other just dropped a 3rd & long that hit his hands.

ha_rooney

Terrible punt. Tampa’s offense need to take advantage, at some point Mahomes will get going.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Terrible punt. Tampa’s offense need to take advantage, at some point Mahomes will get going.
Yeah. That 4D stop is gonna be huge later when Mahomes gets the team 3 TDs in one quarter. Even if KC were 21 down entering the 4Q they’re the only time I’d still think have a valid chance

ha_rooney

Calls so far have been v obvious though. Except the 15 yarder on Jones. Maybe a bit soft maybe
yeah no issues with the call, maybe the roughing one as you say. It was nice to watch the NFC game without the constant stops, they did let them get away with a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.