NFL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That’s not a bad deal if Wentz plays like he did before his injury in the SB season. A change of team might do him good, similar to Goff.

I’m guessing Philly’s sold on Hurts as their starter then.
But it could be a bad deal if Wentz is average at best and hits that performance mark. Basically, a Goff season for the Colts but no playoffs and then that pick becomes a 1st and could the following season as well. Yikes.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
But it could be a bad deal if Wentz is average at best and hits that performance mark. Basically, a Goff season for the Colts but no playoffs and then that pick becomes a 1st and could the following season as well. Yikes.
It’s a 3rd this year, and a conditional 2nd/1st next.

Sandyman

From assembling the SB roster to this shambles - Howie has a lot to answer for. 33 M in dead money FFS :houllier:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Why did they fire Peterson then?

lsd

The Oracle
It’s an interesting dilemma if it comes to pass between Hurts and Lance, as they share some similar traits. They’re both good on the run and extending the play, not as a speedster like Lamar or Kyler, but a power runner. Both with questions regarding their passing, though for different reasons.

Some have Lance picked 3-4 ahead of Fields or QBs going 1-4, so who the hell knows.

I can't see the the 4 quarterbacks going before the Eagles pick. Im sure the Dolphins and Bengals will split Sewell or Chase.

Who knows ? A lot of mock drafts have the Eagles taking Pitts which would be a great pick but i just feel they would be more tempted by a shiny new QB instead.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Small sample size, terrible O-line and just a few first team reps, I get it, but still not great company to be in. The problem is that apart from Lawrence and maybe Wilson, you're guessing just as much by picking Lance or Fields as you are with rolling with Hurts for a year. I think he's capable of being a decent QB in the league.

They should pick Ja'Marr Chase and not get a terrible WR for once. Their last few WRs drafted have been:

Jalen Reagor (a pick before Justin Jefferson with Higgins and Claypool going in the second round)
JJ Arcega-Whiteside (with DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin all going 20 picks after that)
Nelson Agholor (in the first round in a poor WR class apart from Amari Cooper already picked and Stefon Diggs in the 5th)

Who are their top targets for next season? A washed up Alshon Jeffery who you can't count on, D-Jax who can't stay on the field, Jalen Reagor and maybe Travis Fulgham who's been with 3 teams in two seasons for a reason.

Just draft Chase, improve your O-line from there on out and and see how Hurts does with that.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

Small sample size, terrible O-line and just a few first team reps, I get it, but still not great company to be in. ......

Just draft Chase, improve your O-line from there on out and and see how Hurts does with that.
You are quoting many reasons why we should not look at this specific stat line. (Single stats in sports are not very reliable anyway, I do think they are even less reliable in the NFL, since not everyone plays against everyone and their etc.)
The bottom line is that Hurts proved that he can win with this team under very difficult circumstances.
Just improve the team - as you say - and let's see what Hurts can do with that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I do think that while Hurts has great personality traits as a leader but he just doesn't seem to have the skillset to be very successful in modern NFL . His floor is ok but his ceiling isn't high enough for me . Having said that I wouldn't want to take a new QB this season with a terrible roster & a huge dead cap .

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Josh Freeman would have been above-average if he wasn't a waster

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Broncos are now favorites for where Watson will take his next snap, ahead of the Panthers, Fins, and...Texans.

Interestingly, there is a lot of smoke around JJ Watt going to the Browns. Maybe he likes the ideas of Garrett making play more enjoyable for him and moving back to the Midwest, and thinks he’d put them in range of a ring. I think the Packers, who freed up some cap space, are the most likely spot as as a combo of personal and professional desirability for him.

Fanduel

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The Broncos are now favorites for where Watson will take his next snap, ahead of the Panthers, Fins, and...Texans.

Interestingly, there is a lot of smoke around JJ Watt going to the Browns. Maybe he likes the ideas of Garrett making play more enjoyable for him and moving back to the Midwest, and thinks he’d put them in range of a ring. I think the Packers, who freed up some cap space, are the most likely spot as as a combo of personal and professional desirability for him.

Fanduel
When you really boil it down there is not a huge number of options for Watson and even those options are not all “perfect” fits. It’ll be really interesting to see how it all plays out.

Re: JJ, he’s obviously not near his peak but how effective do we really think he will / can still be? Top tier level?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Fanduel
I want him to go to Denver cos it would increase my Jerry Jeudy dynasty value, fecking Drew Lock.

JJ Watt I wanna see go to the Packers as well. Bills or Rams would also be a great fit imo.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
When you really boil it down there is not a huge number of options for Watson and even those options are not all “perfect” fits. It’ll be really interesting to see how it all plays out.

Re: JJ, he’s obviously not near his peak but how effective do we really think he will / can still be? Top tier level?
JJ can be upper tier if he can be managed so he doesn’t have to be Superman every play. That will be Garrett’s job hence I think a good spot for him.

The interesting thing with Watson is Houston has supposedly dug their heels in. Not by meaningless public words, but not even returning calls from other teams. So if Deshaun so serious as to sit out and this lasts pasts the draft, then all the high picks from NY/MIA are no longer ace cards, and the ball will be in CAR/DEN/SF’s court for sure.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
JJ can be upper tier if he can be managed so he doesn’t have to be Superman every play. That will be Garrett’s job hence I think a good spot for him.

The interesting thing with Watson is Houston has supposedly dug their heels in. Not by meaningless public words, but not even returning calls from other teams. So if Deshaun so serious as to sit out and this lasts pasts the draft, then all the high picks from NY/MIA are no longer ace cards, and the ball will be in CAR/DEN/SF’s court for sure.
Am I right in saying that sitting out is almost unviable for Watson though because of the terms of his deal? Vaguely remember reading something about it and to do with bonus repayments but not sure

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Am I right in saying that sitting out is almost unviable for Watson though because of the terms of his deal? Vaguely remember reading something about it and to do with bonus repayments but not sure
A 2.1 or 2.4M (don’t recall exactly) fine to sit out preseason. An extra 20ishM paid back to the Texans if he sits out the season.

And it‘s not his deal per se, but the most recent CBA which made it much harsher on the players to do that.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

With Pouncey retiring and Villanueva unlikely to return, they really need to look at upgrading the O-line if they want another productive season out of Big Ben, otherwise I can only see this go downhill from here. He's not willing to take sacks anymore and had the quickest release in the NFL at 2.29 seconds last year.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That’s an awkward situation. Add in the mix Juju and Dupree being FA’s, and I’d peg them at 3rd in the AFC North at the moment.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Saints are in cap hell so they're going to find if very difficult to trade for him. Wherever he does go, the team won't play badly enough in 2021 for SEA to get a good pick so therefore, the Jets and the Dolphins are the best options given they can offer #2 and #3 this year. If the Seahawks like Tua a lot, trading Wilson to MIA might make the most sense.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Wilson deserves a new team.

I just hope Rodgers doesn't realize that he deserves another one, too.

Hephaestus

We can't really be choosing Pete over Russ can we?
Starting to look like it, completely baffling. The bit in the athletic article about the team meeting after the Bills game is infuriating.
:lol: Thinking of you mate. Might make up some cap space to sign Carson to a 3-year, $60m extension or something like that.
It's funny cos it's gonna happen :(

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Starting to look like it, completely baffling. The bit in the athletic article about the team meeting after the Bills game is infuriating.
Tidbits from the Athletic article for those without a subscription. Pete might be tripping over his own self here, or maybe the supposed leaks about Russ being a bit of a prima donna were true. Or probably some of both.

PFT

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Doesn't seem like happening to me.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why the feck he wants to play for the Bears? They have no offensive talent.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Bears are bad so I don't really see why Wilson has any interest in going there, plus I don't see what useful assets they have to offer in return for the trade to happen. Saints have a really good non-QB roster but don't have much cap space so I can't see how they will be able to take Wilson on. Raiders are an alright team and could offer Derek Carr in return but I'm not too sure that that is the best-case scenario for either Wilson or the Seahawks. The Cowboys could sign Prescott and then trade him which makes them the most suitable candidates of the four teams named.

Status
Not open for further replies.