NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Replace “Liverpool” with “United” and this is me. I rarely if ever watch non United games anymore, I’ve properly fallen out of love with the game in recent years.

NFL on the other hand I read updates almost daily and watch RedZone religiously. Even in the off-season I keep a close eye on what’s going on.
Same goes for me. Football has become an awful neutral spectator sport. I'd rather watch any regular season NFL game than a non-United PL game, it's not even close. My interest in football has totally diminished, but the emotional attachment to United remains.

Whereas I get genuinely excited about the NFL season starting, and every Sunday during. I just wish there was a bit more of it. The regular season feels so short, and the off-season feels like an eternity.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I said exactly the same in the MLB thread last week . I watch very little non United football now but watch redzone religiously till Sunday late night .
Still tired here because of the Cowboys-Pats OT game :lol: 2am finish, too excited to sleep before 3am, up at 7...

Great way to start the working week :boring:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I definitely have much more interest in the NFL now.

I used to get annoyed in the past if I missed a United game or any other big game. I’d watch most games on TV. Now, it’s more an “if I happen to be free” situation would I watch a United game. Still passionate about it, but I just don’t give it anywhere near the time I used to.

But then for the NFL, I watch every game every week, on game pass in 40. You won’t see me post here much Sunday and Monday because I don’t like spoilers for the games which I’ve typically watched by end of Tuesday or Wednesday.

So yeah, very much NFL first for me.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is definitely a major factor
I couldn't imagine ever sitting down to watch a run of the mill PL game that kicks off 9:25pm. But with the NFL, I'm sat there watching a random game until well after midnight every Sunday.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Any of you British/European lads regard football of the American variety your favourite sport?

I think I passed that threshold some time ago.
It's easy to say I prefer right now for sure :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Weird thing is people might think that United being shit is a factor but actually I still watch most United games but it’s just the other ones I can’t be arsed about . I grew up in India where the premier league was at a perfect time on the weekends and now I live in the UK where I feel that the nfl is at a perfect time for me

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Still tired here because of the Cowboys-Pats OT game :lol: 2am finish, too excited to sleep before 3am, up at 7...

Great way to start the working week :boring:
Yeah I was watching redzone and cracking up at them showing last plays from the Broncos game while the cowboys game was close to finishing

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Weird thing is people might think that United being shit is a factor but actually I still watch most United games but it’s just the other ones I can’t be arsed about . I grew up in India where the premier league was at a perfect time on the weekends and now I live in the UK where I feel that the nfl is at a perfect time for me
It doesn't hurt that the NFL team I fell into supporting (Cardinals) are looking a hell of a lot better than United at the moment, but yeah, the biggest difference in interest in NFL vs PL is in the games I'd be neutral in. It feels like you're far more likely to see something unique/interesting/exciting watching a random NFL game than a match between midtable PL cloggers.

RoadTrip

It doesn't hurt that the NFL team I fell into supporting (Cardinals) are looking a hell of a lot better than United at the moment, but yeah, the biggest difference in interest in NFL vs PL is in the games I'd be neutral in. It feels like you're far more likely to see something unique/interesting/exciting watching a random NFL game than a match between midtable PL cloggers.
It’s like the London game this week. Both are franchises in pretty dire straights but they not only put up a great game, but a game filled with quality. Would never get that interest and excitement in watching two lower half PL teams square off. Even if it was a close game it’d just not be interesting.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
See I’m a Broncos fan so glory hunting can’t be thrown at me for losing interest in the PL :lol:

I enjoy watching other teams play in the NFL but can’t be arsed watching other PL games for the most part. The excitement just isn’t there.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Any of you British/European lads regard football of the American variety your favourite sport?

I think I passed that threshold some time ago.
I think both sports are great. I will always consider football (as in the association kind) to be the best sport in the world, at its apex there’s nothing even close.

But what the NFL has done is a fantastic job of making the product enticing for a TV audience specifically and ensuring that the league is always competitive (through the cap etc.).

Also, the draft means that there’s always hope for terrible teams. The switch from dumpster fire to contender can happen very quickly, especially if you draft the right QB.

What I don’t like about the NFL is that so much of it seems to be in the hands of the refs. Obviously that’s a major problem in soccer too, but I think it’s particularly pronounced in the gridiron game because of the nature of it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I definitely have much more interest in the NFL now.

I used to get annoyed in the past if I missed a United game or any other big game. I’d watch most games on TV. Now, it’s more an “if I happen to be free” situation would I watch a United game. Still passionate about it, but I just don’t give it anywhere near the time I used to.

But then for the NFL, I watch every game every week, on game pass in 40. You won’t see me post here much Sunday and Monday because I don’t like spoilers for the games which I’ve typically watched by end of Tuesday or Wednesday.

So yeah, very much NFL first for me.
Those 40 minute condensed games are a godsend. Before I subbed to Gamepass I was only really watching Packers games, and then the playoffs. Now I'm watching the majority of games each week.

Sandyman

I really feel RedZone and Hansen are big factors in why you just fall in love with NFL - non stop action. Plus their media team is great - highlights and condensed games and what not available soon after the game.

I doubt we'd be that invested if we had sit through a whole game with all the breaks and ads, esp when we are starting out.

DavelinaJolie

Damn, huuuuge loss for a SB hopeful.
Expected tbh. Villanueva has been alright, certainly better on the left than right, but still a decent downgrade from a 100% Stanley. Starting to worry this may be a very serious issue and Stanley may not be back.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You just know he’s gonna tear it up.
Cleveland likely misses their LT, RT, QB, RB, backup RB, outside WR and slot WR tomorrow… Either he throws 40 passes to Peoples-Jones or it’s gonna be a checkdown fest.

Von Miller is gonna feast.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
See I’m a Broncos fan so glory hunting can’t be thrown at me for losing interest in the PL :lol:

I enjoy watching other teams play in the NFL but can’t be arsed watching other PL games for the most part. The excitement just isn’t there.
But you started following them on Jan 26, 1998....

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah I said exactly the same in the MLB thread last week . I watch very little non United football now but watch redzone religiously till Sunday late night .

I don't watch any non united game and haven't for a long time. I don't care if it is Man City vs Real Madrid in the champions league final i wouldn't watch it if i were paid.

Last Sunday even as a Cowboys fan i watched the Dolphins play Jaguars and then redzone all the through to the end and was hooked every minute.

I watch Undisputed, First Take and other shows during the week but i never watch any premiership football punditry at all even if United are playing i turn over at half time till the game starts then again at final whistle

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Some people just come up with the most random stuff (even though I kinda like it).

RoadTrip

Some people just come up with the most random stuff (even though I kinda like it).
Ignoring the final points rankings, the actual visual is actually quite interesting.

For example seeing the 49ers / Vikings have been involved in one score games pretty much every week is interesting.

Or that the Steelers are either blow out losers or one score winners.

And the Jags are monumentally shit :).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I would presume so
Okay, I was just looking at the Saints rating, and they got them down for 2 blowout wins and I could only think of the Packers game on opening weekend. Beating the Pats 28-13 is also a blowout using this metric it seems, though I've never considered it one. Interesting set up though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What's considered a blowout loss? Is it losing by more than two scores?
More than one score I’d say, given that less than a one-score game is considered a close win.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I really feel RedZone and Hansen are big factors in why you just fall in love with NFL - non stop action. Plus their media team is great - highlights and condensed games and what not available soon after the game.

I doubt we'd be that invested if we had sit through a whole game with all the breaks and ads, esp when we are starting out.
Yes, RedZone is great and usually preferable to sitting through one game (for all the reasons you stated, breaks, numerous ads etc) unless it’s a team/match-up that you really want to watch.

lsd

The Oracle
Cam Newton is now vaxxed who do we think will sign him?

My money is on Houston or maybe The Saints

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Cam Newton is now vaxxed who do we think will sign him?

My money is on Houston or maybe The Saints
Yeah let's get Newton, and since we're hellbent on collecting unwanted NFC South QB's, I'm sure we can find a place for Matt Ryan when the Falcons eventually kick him out of Atlanta.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If the ’looks like a terrible game on paper but turns out to be exciting’ thing holds true again, tonight’s game should be amazing between the injuries and the weather...

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Big night from Javonte would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.