NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetan

I’m actually speechless :lol:

That has to be one of the most stupid things I’ve seen.

If I was the OC, 14 seconds on the clock. Defenders all over the sidelines. That is basically 2 Hail Mary attempts. Instead this random nonsense run slide and the rest is now in history :lol:
This and the delay of game penalty after the successful fake punt sums up Mike McCarthy. Outsmarting himself and snatching defeat from jaws of victory .

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
McCarthy was embarrassing in the post-game presser per the short clip I saw.
https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/01/n...re-final-play-in-wild-card-loss-to-49ers.html
NFL Playoffs: Cowboys’ Mike McCarthy explains bizarre final play in Wild Card loss to 49ers

“We felt strongly this game was going to come down to key situations in the end. It’s disappointing we didn’t get a shot there at the end. ... These last two plays, all those scenarios, we put a tremendous amount of time into it. We had a lot of confidence trying to set up that last play, but yes, our execution was not where we would have liked it to have been, clearly.

“I have never seen that come down the way it came down as far as the collision between the umpire and the quarterback. We were trying to get inside the 30-yard line to set up hte last play. The mechanics were intact, I felt, from our end of it. Communication that I was given on the sideline when they were reviewing it is they were going to put time back on the clock. The next thing I know, they’re running off the field. That’s all the facts I know.”

“It’s the right decision. Just like anything, the execution and the officiating spotting the ball wasn’t in tune. We should not have had any trouble getting the ball spotted there.”

Also... https://www.profootballnetwork.com/cowboys-proved-mike-mccarthy-isnt-the-man-for-the-job/
Cowboys proved Mike McCarthy isn’t the man for the job
The 2021 Dallas Cowboys proved that Mike McCarthy isn't the coach to carry them over the hump, despite having an incredibly talented team.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
One more TD and I might go to sleep. feckin knackered.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
7 teams per conference in the playoffs has been a resounding success. Maybe let's have 8 soon. Close games these.

Charlie Foley

What a feckin clown, not a surprise considering the team and fanbase in question though. The definition of entitlement and were outworked by a better team today.
They are really pathetic. 49ers were the better team even with Jimmy.

Don’t know what our chances are against GB but you gotta be in it to win it.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
We've put up 35 points in 12 minutes of game time :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
We're taking the piss now with Kelce filling in as QB.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Oh great. Another late Sunday game for the chiefs.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Steelers have to get rid of Mike Tomlin, this is a mess.
That’s not their style, and I don’t think he’s the real problem. Wrapping handcuffs on the corpse of Big Ben and drafting a RB in round 1 falls upon the GM.

I would have a come to Jesus meeting with him were I the owner but, again, that’s not their style.

sport2793

They are really pathetic. 49ers were the better team even with Jimmy.

Don’t know what our chances are against GB but you gotta be in it to win it.
I think you guys have the tools to beat GB with a solid run game + good defensive line. I think it's one of those things where it can work if stuff clicks into place on game day.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I think you guys have the tools to beat GB with a solid run game + good defensive line. I think it's one of those things where it can work if stuff clicks into place on game day.
GB will have the game won by HT. When both teams faced earlier in the season, GB werent even clicking fully but still won and now with some injured players back, Aaron Rodgers rested amongst others and at Lambeau, its going to be a blowout. Funny enough, Dallas would have given GB a tougher time. Jimmy G wont be able to hang with Rodgers.

Mike Smalling

I really like how the AFC is shaping up. Bills are probably a little better than expected, so their match-up with the Chiefs will be great, and I'm sure the Bengals can also give the Titans a run for their money.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
GB will have the game won by HT. When both teams faced earlier in the season, GB werent even clicking fully but still won and now with some injured players back, Aaron Rodgers rested amongst others and at Lambeau, its going to be a blowout. Funny enough, Dallas would have given GB a tougher time. Jimmy G wont be able to hang with Rodgers.
Dallas wouldn’t even have played GB. And anyway, I disagree. This GB team has only a few weaknesses, and the 49ers match up well against those. That’s mot to say they’re favourites, but if I was GB this isn’t the match up I’d have wanted.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
McCarthy blaming officials. Dak suggesting it’s ok for fans to throw garbage at people on the field as long as it’s officials. I know emotions run high but if this is the mentality from the coach and HC, they just won’t get anywhere even with this talented team. Even if you felt that final sequence didn’t go your way, there was so much wrong about the rest of the performance that it’s a joke to boil it down to that moment.

I personally think it was a dumb decision to run. I’d have gone 2 Hail Marys. But, if you do go with this, Dak should have just slid earlier. Whether you have to throw it 30 yards or 40 yards, I don’t think it makes any difference really at that point.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just imagine what the Niners would be able to do with an above average QB. Hopefully they develop Lance well during the offseason.

Don't think they have much of a chance at Lambeau next week, GB are overwhelming favourites there. The Cowboys basically beat themselves with all their penalties and that boneheaded decision at the end.

Agree with others that the #7 seeds don't have a place in the playoffs. Might've been a different scenario if it was a healthy Saints team instead of the Eagles and the Colts instead of the Steelers but having to watch such blowouts in the playoffs is a bit of a pity.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Chargers would have been better to watch than the Steelers too.
Yeah definitely, especially if you see how their last game played out with the walk-off OT victory. I don't think there are a lot of people outside Pittsburgh who would've rather seen Big Ben than Herbert against the Chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.