NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The Cardinals have been great at points this year, but they must be one of the most erratic teams in the league. This is the version of them that made the Lions look like world beaters. :(

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Kyler played like a first year rookie. Deer in headlights. Got outplayed by Stafford :lol::lol::lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Rams looked comfortably the better team on both sides of the ball until they went up 28-0. Don’t know if it was because the Cards over committed on Kupp and Beckham but Michel and Akers routinely seemed to pick up good yardage on first down.

If Akers had just one of these games in the regular season he would’ve been in CPOTY contention for me, still crazy how fast he returned and how good he already looks.

0 second half lead changes in these 6 games, that’s extremely bad. 4 of the 6 blowouts. NFL needs to rethink this one perhaps.

Was anyone else triggered by the few inches of green after the TD line before the endzone went blue? Man they need to get rid of that next season.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Rams looked comfortably the better team on both sides of the ball until they went up 28-0. Don’t know if it was because the Cards over committed on Kupp and Beckham but Michel and Akers routinely seemed to pick up good yardage on first down.

If Akers had just one of these games in the regular season he would’ve been in CPOTY contention for me, still crazy how fast he returned and how good he already looks.

0 second half lead changes in these 6 games, that’s extremely bad. 4 of the 6 blowouts. NFL needs to rethink this one perhaps.

Was anyone else triggered by the few inches of green after the TD line before the endzone went blue? Man they need to get rid of that next season.
The last was the Chiefs Niners superbowl.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Wow, so much for my prediction of a tight game. Perhaps I was based it on what the Cardinals could be, rather than how they’ve actually performed in the last 2 months.

Rams looked good, but it’s really hard to decipher how much of that was excellent play vs Cardinals playing awful.

One things for sure, Bucs gonna need that run defence to step up again if they are gonna win. And they better hope for the best with injuries on the O-line because that pass rush from the Rams looked great.

I think the Rams match up well.

RoadTrip

The feck, that's quite an insane stat to be honest. Really hoping for some close games in the 4th Q in the Divisional round.
Well the game I thought would be the closest turned out a blow out (Cards). The other one was close, but poor quality really (Dallas). Always expected the Bucs and Chiefs games to be blow outs (which is pretty condemning of the idea of a 7th seed getting in). The Bengals Raiders game was OK, and we just came up against a Bills team who played a perfect game.

I really think this 7th seed is just adding an extra game for the sake of it. I think it will be very rare for fhe 7th seed to beat out the 2nd in the years ahead.

As for divisional week, I am excited about all of the games. They’re all tough to call - although I can see fhe 49ers getting romped by the Packs. Let’s just hope that that translates to actually being close games, though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
AFC
Raiders @ Bengals
Pats
@ Bills
Steelers @ Chiefs
--
Pats @ Titans
Bengals
@ Chiefs
--
Bengals @ Titans

NFC
Cardinals @ Rams
Niners
@ Cowboys
Eagles @ Bucs
--
Niners @ Packers
Rams
@ Bucs
--
Rams @ Packers

Super Bowl LVI

Bengals vs Packers
Only missed on the Pats but that already fecks up my AFC Championship prediction. I still believe in the Bengals but at Tennessee, at KC/Buffalo is as tough a SB road as it gets...

Still going with Rams @ Packers for the NFC Championship, although it's probably not wise to bet against Brady. Tristan Wirfs' injury will be a big one to monitor.

Both Fred Warner and Nick Bosa will apparently likely be fine, which is great news for the Niners. Although the Packers have gotten Jaire Alexander, Za'Darious Smith and Bakhtiari back compared to the regular season which could make a huge difference as well.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I really think this 7th seed is just adding an extra game for the sake of it. I think it will be very rare for fhe 7th seed to beat out the 2nd in the years ahead.
Agreed. I was thinking they might go towards "play-in games" for the last playoff seed(s) like they do in the NBA these days, but you can hardly play two play-in games and then expect a team to be competitive in the playoffs once they make it so don't think that's on the cards. NFL probably realizes that it hasn't been a great idea to include those #7 seeds but yeah, money over everything I guess.

RoadTrip

Only missed on the Pats but that already fecks up my AFC Championship prediction. I still believe in the Bengals but at Tennessee, at KC/Buffalo is as tough a SB road as it gets...

Still going with Rams @ Packers for the NFC Championship, although it's probably not wise to bet against Brady. Tristan Wirfs' injury will be a big one to monitor.

Both Fred Warner and Nick Bosa will apparently likely be fine, which is great news for the Niners. Although the Packers have gotten Jaire Alexander, Za'Darious Smith and Bakhtiari back compared to the regular season which could make a huge difference as well.
The question is whether the Titans / Packers come back rejuvenated and engaged, or a bit rusty. For the Packers I think they’ll be OK because they won’t need to be at their best to win anyway.

Meller

Really happy for Akers, looking great out there as well which is huge for the run game. Excited for the rest of the playoffs.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I really thought some of the wildcard games would be a bit closer, especially Cardinals/Rams. Cards were #1 in the league for a large chunk of the season, and they looked hopeless last night.

Mike Smalling

While that is bad, I don't think the NFL will (or should) make a decision based on the results of a few games. I think everyone expected Bills-Pat, Cards-Rams and even Eagles-Bucs to be much closer. The only game that was almost certain to be shit going in was Steelers-Chiefs. If it happens again for the next few years, they may reconsider, but money still talks so it won't likely change. Whether or not it was good idea before the season is another discussion.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

The Rams won easily because of their suffocatingly effective defense that put intense pressure on Murray all game to where the Cards still had negative total yards mid way through the 2nd quarter (something I can't remember in any NFL game before). Offensively, the Rams were fairly competent but not great. Stafford only passed for 200 yards and none of their RBs got more than 60 yards rushing on the night. This was simply a masterful job by Raheem Morris who identified the one thing the Rams had to do to win (stop Murray) and did it very effectively until the game was well out of reach.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Well, except for the really funny scenes at the end of the Cowboys game, this round was incredibly boring.

RoadTrip

Imagine that. The best game of wild card week was only so because of incredibly high levels of stupidity and chaos. But let’s be positive and hope divisional week will make up for it “bigly”.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

@lsd It's not too late to be on the right side of history on this one, mate. Jump ship while you can!!!

Can't spell "I heart Odell Beckham Jr." without E-L-I-T-E.

lsd

The Oracle

@lsd It's not too late to be on the right side of history on this one, mate. Jump ship while you can!!!

Can't spell "I heart Odell Beckham Jr." without E-L-I-T-E.

Na I don't like him never will ever since his one handed catch against us :lol:

Anyway he only gets passes at the rams because the other team are marking Kupp

RoadTrip

Na I don't like him never will ever since his one handed catch against us :lol:

Anyway he only gets passes at the rams because the other team are marking Kupp
Just let me know when that spade is too worn / not big enough and I’ll bring the tractor to help you out!

Mike Smalling

Bruce Arians has confirmed Wirfs has a high ankle sprain and won’t get out of the boot until Friday. Doesn’t sound likely he can play vs. the Rams.

That’s a big blow for the Bucs. The backup was on skates when he came in, and they are going up against Donald and Miller. Maybe they can devise a scheme with Gronk blocking more, but they also need him to catch passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.