NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What the feck was Davis doing, thought he had safety help?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Looks like it will probably be 3 away teams in the Championship games. Hopefully not 4.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The thing about the Bucs is they can put together monster quarters. Unless the Rams are truly out of sight, the Bucs remain in this.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I was hoping for a competitive game, but another TD here & it’s almost game over.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Brady doesn’t transcend the sport in the way the likes of Jordan, Woods, etc. did. But he is by far the most known from those who don’t follow the NFL. He’s a bit in the Beckham style.
Yeah that's the level I would put him. Beckham. Jordan transcended basketball as you say. It's probably very hard to do that in the NFL.

Charlie Foley

Well if isn't Brady, then it'll be nobody. He's the closest thing.
Within the sport, sure, but he didn’t transcend It like Jordan did.

I don’t know that it can be done, culturally, in 2022 by an athlete although I have nothing to support that :lol: . The 90s were the perfect time for Jordan (a little similar to it being perfect timing for United to become good in the 90s, with the advent of the premier league, sky sports etc, but even then that really stayed within the sport with the exception of Beckham) I don’t know that even Jordan could necessarily do it today, although he would have the advantage no one can have now of no “Jordan having been there and done that” if he was not around in the 90s.
I’m trying to think of other sports where people have done it in a modern context. I suppose McGregor, but UFC had a smaller profile which gave him more oxygen in the room to suck into his own brand.

otherwise-it’s an odd comparison because it’s not a real sport but the Rock transcended wrestling in a way Stone Cold Steve Austin never did, even though Stone Cold was commercially a much bigger deal within wrestling (I think).

anyway there will now always be Jordan’s shadow-you can’t be Jordan if there’s already Jordan!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Never doubt the dark magic Brady possesses. He has made many human sacrifices to get where he is today.

Chip

Hope Bucs can get a TD on this next drive just to keep the game alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.