NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
That's not exactly his decision nor something that you can change easily.
Of course he has a say so and you can certainly try, I like Mond as a project but it’s been obvious for at least 2 years that Cousins is beyond limited to win the super bowl.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Of course he has a say so and you can certainly try, I like Mond as a project but it’s been obvious for at least 2 years that Cousins is beyond limited to win the super bowl.
The decision was Spielman's. Cousins signed in 2018 a fully guaranteed contract, he wasn't getting moved in 2019 and wasn't going to be moved at all because no one really has the cap room for him or the will to give up what the Vikings would want. There is only an handful of QBs that are "talented" enough to win a Super Bowl and none of them are for trade.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rodgers first addressed questions about his headlining offseason by suggesting -- at first sarcastically -- that he's enjoyed a controversy-free couple of months. (All of this while sporting a T-shirt reading, "I'm Offended,")
"I do think you do have a partner," Brady told DeChambeau, "that would probably have liked to go for it a little more often than he has in the past. So Bryson, I'm glad you're encouraging him to kind of go for it when it's on the line ... rather than just, you know, knocking it into the fairway or something like that and (trying) to play for the next shot."

Rodgers' response: "Well, I usually don't get the option."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ers-while-preparing-for-celebrity-golf-match/

:lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wow, good for him. Plenty of predictable replies to that tweet but lots of positive ones too.

Is he a billionaire yet by the way :lol:

Hamnat

Sad that it is still so difficult to come out in professional sports. But, congrats to him being able to do it and have a positive message for all those still struggling with coming out and acceptance.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah congrats to him for sure.

He’s right though. One day the aim is to get to the point where “coming out” won’t be a thing.

It is weird to me why anyone would care. Sad people feel the need to hide what they are hopefully will be a thing of the past soon enough

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Does the guy play for his team much?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Is rodgers still gonna be qb for the packers? What's the likely hood?
I think he’s done with Green Bay, but I don’t know whether he’ll get his wish to play elsewhere at this point or if he’ll end up not playing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It is weird to me why anyone would care. Sad people feel the need to hide what they are hopefully will be a thing of the past soon enough
Eventually one day there will be a time where no-one will care but there is going to be a period where people think "Wow, really?" and be curious/shocked etc. when sports people in major sports come out. It is extremely rare.

Like when Elliot Page transitioned, lots of people were saying "Who cares, this shouldn't be a big deal."

Yeah it shouldn't but it's an A-list Hollywood actor, so it is a big deal. At least right now.

lsd

The Oracle
Eventually one day there will be a time where no-one will care but there is going to be a period where people think "Wow, really?" and be curious/shocked etc. when sports people in major sports come out. It is extremely rare.

Like when Elliot Page transitioned, lots of people were saying "Who cares, this shouldn't be a big deal."

Yeah it shouldn't but it's an A-list Hollywood actor, so it is a big deal. At least right now.

Maybe care is the wrong word there's nothing wrong with that but it's just sad that people would be annoyed that a player is gay and be opposed to it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is rodgers still gonna be qb for the packers? What's the likely hood?
I’d say it’s well under a 50/50 proposition by now and dropping by the day.

If it’s true he turned down a contract revision then that’s bad news for cheeseheads. That was the one thing they had in their arsenal to offer as an olive branch other than trading for Julio, so now the GB brass is out of moves.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Also I might be in NY in November and am looking at Bills @ Jets tickets. For those attending NFL games, is it better to sit close to the field behind the endzone or upper level but in the middle of the field? I'd think the experience might be better close to the players but not sure it's easy to follow the game that way (especially if the other half is tagging along and doesn't know what the feck is happening).

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Also I might be in NY in November and am looking at Bills @ Jets tickets. For those attending NFL games, is it better to sit close to the field behind the endzone or upper level but in the middle of the field? I'd think the experience might be better close to the players but not sure it's easy to follow the game that way (especially if the other half is tagging along and doesn't know what the feck is happening).
I’ve only been once but we chose to sit right on the very back row in Denver and it was awesome.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’d take midfield higher up for myself because I’m going to be analyzing everything, but at least once you need to sit close enough to hear the action and understand how brutal it really is. There‘s no substitute on TV for seeing how big and fast those guys are.

Phil

I went to MetLife and sat right up at the back. It was fine really but I'd sit much lower around the middle if you have the money to spend on it.

Also was slightly hairy wearing a Seahawks jersey around some of the Giants fans so yeah be aware of that.

JJ12

I went to MetLife and sat right up at the back. It was fine really but I'd sit much lower around the middle if you have the money to spend on it.

Also was slightly hairy wearing a Seahawks jersey around some of the Giants fans so yeah be aware of that.
I went to the old Giants Stadium a year before the new one was built. Jets fans were fighting each other rather than Falcon fans.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If you’re going to Bills @ Jets surely you have to wear a Giants jersey.
Was gonna go for body slamming some tables at the tailgating in a Stefon Diggs jersey to impress my gf but that's also an excellent idea!

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Ive been to MetLife twice, once lower toward the corner, second time on the 50Y but a bit higher. I say a seat near the middle high or low is better than end zone or corner. I’d definitely take higher middle per your options.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Ive been to MetLife twice, once lower toward the corner, second time on the 50Y but a bit higher. I say a seat near the middle high or low is better than end zone or corner. I’d definitely take higher middle per your options.
Cheers mate, will definitely keep that in mind! It's not even sure yet that we'll be going but I neeeeeeed to go to an NFL game if we do.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Cheers mate, will definitely keep that in mind! It's not even sure yet that we'll be going but I neeeeeeed to go to an NFL game if we do.
Yeah it’s great - MetLife is quite a cool stadium too in terms of facilities and newness and seat space and stuff outside the stadium pre-game etc. And great views all around. Only thing about it was that as it’s a Jets and Giants stadium, it’s a bit bland overall to keep it neutral for both although it does a reasonable job of becoming a home stadium for each respectively.
And it’s in the middle of nowhere (I quite enjoyed taking the train from Manhattan, bizarre basically going through a swamp to get there!)
But I thoroughly enjoyed both visits (first was a Jets Giants reg season game in 2015 that went to OT, second was Jets Pats a couple years back where Brady connected with Gronk for a lovely TD!)

JJ12

Any NFL book recommendations lads?

I may read Bruce Arians book.

I loved Next Man Up. Any other beauties out there?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Demaryius Thomas announced his retirement today.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Any NFL book recommendations lads?

I may read Bruce Arians book.

I loved Next Man Up. Any other beauties out there?
I liked Sweetness ( Walter Payton biography), same author has a biography of Brett Favre as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.