NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

If a player makes the informed choice not to get the vaccine and misses a game due to Covid or self isolating then he should lose all pay for the games missed. Unless he has a medical reason for not getting vaccinated.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I secretly hope Cole Beasley gets infected, the Bills have to forfeit a game and Diggs requests a trade because of it.
There is something about the way those tweets are formulated. What if the outbreak is caused by vaccinated players?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Who is Howard Eskin?

He’s saying 90% chance of Watson going to Eagles

JJ12

Hopkins first player ‘questioning’ his nfl future with the covid rules

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hopkins first player ‘questioning’ his nfl future with the covid rules
Just seen it as well. Just get vaxxed ffs. He has already deleted the tweet meanwhile but numerous sports outlet have already picked up on it of course.

It might be extreme measures by the NFL but I don’t necessarily disagree with it. You put your teammates and opponents in far greater risk if you’re not getting vaccinated.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So teams aren't allowed to mandate their players to get vaccinated but the teams will still be held liable if an outbreak is caused by a vaccine rebel? Yeah that seems fair.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This will be interesting to see how fans & players react. I’m sure it will be made political like Kaep taking the knee has been. Personally I don’t see why they wouldn’t get vaccinated, but that’s a whole different issue.

JJ12

Just seen it as well. Just get vaxxed ffs. He has already deleted the tweet meanwhile but numerous sports outlet have already picked up on it of course.

It might be extreme measures by the NFL but I don’t necessarily disagree with it. You put your teammates and opponents in far greater risk if you’re not getting vaccinated.
He’s deleted it - seriously why bother :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That’s all well and good, but some cnut on another team might not, causing an outbreak and you still don’t get paid
Oh you mean that part! Yeah that is… weird to say the least. Maybe they wanna put some peer pressure on all players still doubting?

Agreed on Hopkins, really thought he’d be smarter than that :(

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Just seen Hopkins tweets, if he’s an antivaxxer then feck him. Idiot.
yep, it's a close contact sport. either get the vaccine or accept the consequences.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh you mean that part! Yeah that is… weird to say the least. Maybe they wanna put some peer pressure on all players still doubting?
Yea it’s bollocks, just make it a requirement that all players on an active roster must be vaccinated and be done with it, you can’t hold players financially responsible for the actions of others, especially from other teams.

Then if an outbreak occurs it was unavoidable.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So teams aren't allowed to mandate their players to get vaccinated but the teams will still be held liable if an outbreak is caused by a vaccine rebel? Yeah that seems fair.
The teams can’t mandate that legally nor discriminate against anti-vaxxers. This is a clever way around that in order to put maximum pressure on players to get vaccinated.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who is Howard Eskin?

He’s saying 90% chance of Watson going to Eagles
I’ve read it’s an ‘open secret’ that once there is some kind of resolution to his legal problems, Philly will be at the front of the queue for him.

WFT just went through an ugly sexual harassment scandal, Carolina traded for Darnold, Denver promoted what at the time was the highest ranked woman ever in the NFL and is waiting on AAron, and Chicago drafted Fields. But Watson’s still gotta end up somewhere.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nuk having quite the meltdown on Twitter right now, oh my. Posted “freedom?” :lol::lol:

JJ12

Fournette another one not having it - could get a bit messy this :(

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
The teams can’t mandate that legally nor discriminate against anti-vaxxers. This is a clever way around that in order to put maximum pressure on players to get vaccinated.
This. Will be interesting to see what the final numbers of vaxxed vs non-vaxxed are. Peer pressure and the threat of a game cancellations will definitely influence some to be vaccinated when they otherwise wouldn’t. And if you’re a rookie… you’re getting vaccinated.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nobody said they were geniuses. They bang their heads for a living.
Yeah of course, I know. Just sad to see, Hopkins is one of my favorite players. Just a bit, I dunno, eerie that if you kind of demand something of an American, they're gonna rebel against it and invoke their right of freedom but when others exercise that same right they feel... threatened? I might be way off here though, no idea how the average American thinks about the vaccines. But this "I'm gonna trust my own body and immune system to do the job rather than get this artificial shit" reasoning is rather anti-social and selfish imo. I get that their bodies are their #1 priority because they make a living out of it but even then, yeah.. I don't get it. I would've hoped the doubters have enough sensible teammates who could persuade them but looks like quite a few of them agree on Hopkins' stance.

There are just 14 teams above the 85% vaccinated players threshold right now, although apparently 78% of the players have taken at least 1 shot. The latter is a good number for the time being imo.

Baker gets it:

And so does the Colts owner, the last sentences is basically what it comes down to:

JJ12

Whatever happened to Russell Wilson wanting out? wish he would leave the seahawks already.
The signed an O-lineman and spent a mid round pick on a WR and then he backed down.

‘Go hawks’ is back.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Michael Thomas set to miss the first few weeks / months of the season because of ankle ligament surgery in June.

JJ12

I thought he was mad at the play calling and wanted to have a bigger say in that. Something about the FO firing a coach he liked.
They must have worked things out behind closed doors - I don’t see him being a hawk lifer, to be honest.

JJ12

Michael Thomas set to miss the first few weeks / months of the season because of ankle ligament surgery in June.
One of their best D players out for 6 games and lost a lot of players. They will start slow to point out the obvious.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They must have worked things out behind closed doors - I don’t see him being a hawk lifer, to be honest.
I’ve seen it confidently stated either he or Carroll won’t be there next year. I try to limit speaking confidently of the future, myself.

JJ12

I’ve seen it confidently stated either he or Carroll won’t be there next year. I try to limit speaking confidently of the future, myself.
I’ve heard and read he and Ciara want to move to NY, LA or Chicago.

Now this could just be guesswork just because Ciara is/was a superstar with a huge career herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.