NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Who do you double-team with JJ Watt and Chandler Jones lining up on opposite ends?
Is they re-sign Reddick then they‘ve really got something going there. Might be able to go offense with their first hoping this covers possible weaknesses in the secondary.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
As he should, he's had his fair share of injuries in the past and will be 32 when the new season starts. I don't think he should've accepted less money from, let's say, the Packers. What good is that if Rodgers goes down in Week 1? Same goes for the Browns or Bills, too many variables and a Super Bowl run is never guaranteed. He's joining a playoff contender on a good contract in the latter stages of his career and the Cards add a potential All-Pro to an already very decent defense. Good for both parties.

Now let's free Watson out of Houston as well and let him throw passes to Jerry Jeudy.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
JJ Watt was double teamed more than any other player, and still faired well on pass rush win rate. Just needs to keep staying healthy like he has recently. edit: Myles Garrett and Joey Bosa are monsters.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Chase Young is such a beast too. I know it won't happen, and the franchise doesn't really deserve it, but could you imagine an elite QB like Watson or Wilson in Washington with that defense next season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Chase Young is such a beast too. I know it won't happen, and the franchise doesn't really deserve it, but could you imagine an elite QB like Watson or Wilson in Washington with that defense next season.
Another young guy that sticks out is Burns, who is mooted to be something Houston might want in a Watson mega-trade with Carolina. Carolina will probably be hoping CMac would be enough to tip the scales.

Charlie Foley

JJ Watt was double teamed more than any other player, and still faired well on pass rush win rate. Just needs to keep staying healthy like he has recently. edit: Myles Garrett and Joey Bosa are monsters.

Would love to see Nick Bosa from the year before too

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hope Pats fix the offense. Just need some WRs, TEs and a QB!! Defense should be better with a number of players opting back in after missing last year due to Covid concerns.

sport2793

Is they re-sign Reddick then they‘ve really got something going there. Might be able to go offense with their first hoping this covers possible weaknesses in the secondary.
The intention is to bring back Reddick and Peterson (not thrilled about the latter unless he comes back on a team friendly discount). I still think they need to grab a CB in the first round though to make the defense as effective as it can be.

Overall though, the NFC West arms race continues...

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Would love to see Donald's stats here. Pretty sure he gets tripled more than most players get double-teamed.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Fecking hell.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Excluding 2010 the packers have scored 580 in 20 playoff games. Prorate that to 16 and it is 464 points. Which would rank 8th in 2020. I wonder why scoring the 8th most points isn't good enough to be the best team

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
'Luv Ya Blue,' Bum and Earl too: When Houston and the Oilers were the NFL's perfect match
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31003656/luv-ya-blue-houston-oilers-bum-phillips-earl-campbell

Good article. I still recall a few Oilers fans circa 93/thereafter with the crazy what if, "Had we not caved against Buffalo we'd have beat Dallas in Super Bowl!" The same Buffalo that lost by 35 to Dallas in the cited game, I should add. Houston went from perennial "next year is our year" from the late 70s to early 90s to absolute shit by 1994, and to another state by 1997. Smashmouth ball with Earl Campbell to the instant hit but ultimate gimmick Run-and-Shoot offense under Jack Pardee, with the perfect gunslinger for that gimmick, Warren Moon. They were always in the shadow of that certain team a couple hundreds mile to their north, but most are. Had to be a bit depressing to see their beloved Oilers finally make it to the Super Bowl, be it as the Tennessee Titans, though I presume nowhere near as depressing as Browns fans watching their old team win the whole thing in Baltimore.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
'Luv Ya Blue,' Bum and Earl too: When Houston and the Oilers were the NFL's perfect match
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31003656/luv-ya-blue-houston-oilers-bum-phillips-earl-campbell

Good article. I still recall a few Oilers fans circa 93/thereafter with the crazy what if, "Had we not caved against Buffalo we'd have beat Dallas in Super Bowl!" The same Buffalo that lost by 35 to Dallas in the cited game, I should add. Houston went from perennial "next year is our year" from the late 70s to early 90s to absolute shit by 1994, and to another state by 1997. Smashmouth ball with Earl Campbell to the instant hit but ultimate gimmick Run-and-Shoot offense under Jack Pardee, with the perfect gunslinger for that gimmick, Warren Moon. They were always in the shadow of that certain team a couple hundreds mile to their north, but most are. Had to be a bit depressing to see their beloved Oilers finally make it to the Super Bowl, be it as the Tennessee Titans, though I presume nowhere near as depressing as Browns fans watching their old team win the whole thing in Baltimore.
Funny how things work out. You’d think the largest city in Texas and 4th largest (soon to be 3rd) in the nation would be an epicenter of football, not just pro but also in college...maybe funneling all that Big Oil money up to College Station. Places like Dallas, Austin, Norman, etc had better leadership though through the years I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.