NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Does he do that often or something :lol:
It’s just a pretty standard ignorant “American sports are stoopid lolz” comment from someone I’ve never seen post about NFL before, with no substance to it.

Stuff like that is never follow up on when challenged.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Zack Martin also already out for the season's opener on Thursday. He's vaccinated but is showing symptoms.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I enjoyed doing the NFL pick’em’s last season but they still aren’t up and running and we are 3 days out.

Anyone know of any other prediction site?

JJ12

Time for this to be back? I've been looking forward to it. I reckon I actually spent most Sunday evenings watching a game and got surprisingly deeply into it. Been looking forward to it starting up again.
First game Thursday - then every Sunday until Feb!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Season's opener is just the appatizer - that first "seven hours of commercial-free football, start NOW" on Sunday night is when it's officially back :drool:

JJ12

Justice Hill tore his Achilles - Ravens down another RB

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Coach Vic Fangio told reporters on Tuesday that Bridgewater is among the permanent, full-season captains the players have elected.

“We elected captains last week,” Fangio said. “I guess we should have announced it, but we didn’t. We have Teddy Bridgewater, [linebacker] Von Miller, [safety] Justin Simmons, [safety] Kareem Jackson, [kicker] Brandon McManus, and [receiver] Courtland Sutton.”

Previously, the Broncos went with game-by-game captains.

“I just thought this would be something good to do for a multitude of reasons, so we gave it a shot,” Fangio said of having permanent captains.
Suggests Bridgewater has a pretty tight grip on that starting slot.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Suggests Bridgewater has a pretty tight grip on that starting slot.
It's not surprising, Bridgewater is a leader and a good player. I wish he was still a Viking.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's not surprising, Bridgewater is a leader and a good player. I wish he was still a Viking.
I hope so, the rest of that roster is stacked.

Mind you we still have Vic and his unrivalled ability to mismanage his way to way to an L.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else who doesn't have a RedZone tab yet on their GamePass (mobile and laptop version). I have an Essential Pass but even that should include RedZone.

Hopefully it's not the same shambles as last year when it simply wasn't up and running when Week 1 started.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hopefully they will get to the Superbowl as it will then be a cake walk for the Cowboys
Well was certainly a cake walk for one of those 2 teams when they met last season...

lsd

The Oracle
Well was certainly a cake walk for one of those 2 teams when they met last season...

There was no last season we cancelled it when Dak went down.

Slightly worrying he has not seen any action in the or season but hopefully he is good to go.

If he is 100% I am confident we have sorted out our defence issues and it looks like our offensive line is fully fit at the moment so I do have high expectations this season

Carl

There was no last season we cancelled it when Dak went down.

Slightly worrying he has not seen any action in the or season but hopefully he is good to go.

If he is 100% I am confident we have sorted out our defence issues and it looks like our offensive line is fully fit at the moment so I do have high expectations this season
La'el has already had issues this pre season, and now Zak has covid. Our full strength O line is good, but a lot of them are hurt a lot of the time and our backups are absolutely dreadful. We've got some insane talent on offense, but if Dak isn't given an protection we've no chance.

Edit: also, the Browns game was pre Dak going down. That being said, we still put up nearly 40pts. Problem was on the other side of the ball.

lsd

The Oracle
La'el has already had issues this pre season, and now Zak has covid. Our full strength O line is good, but a lot of them are hurt a lot of the time and our backups are absolutely dreadful. We've got some insane talent on offense, but if Dak isn't given an protection we've no chance.

Edit: also, the Browns game was pre Dak going down. That being said, we still put up nearly 40pts. Problem was on the other side of the ball.
Yeah at that point we had to pay much score 50 points to win a game. I'm just living in hope or defence is now good enough to compete

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah at that point we had to pay much score 50 points to win a game. I'm just living in hope or defence is now good enough to compete
To compete for a SB, I'd say no unless your entire offense indeed puts up 2013 Broncos numbers or something like that.

You're lucky you're in a pretty weak division though so playoffs should definitely be the minimum requirement.

Carl

Think we'll be much improved on D. Parsons is mega, and LVE looking much better too. O line is my biggest concern.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You guys staying up? What time will that be for you all?

There’s zero chance I’m staying up when it only starts at 01:20!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

2:20am here, so not a chance no. I'll wake up at 7 and watch the Game in 40' before work without checking any scores or social media beforehand, most efficient way for a real game experience imo.

JJ12

I’ll stay up yeah

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’ll try to stay up but doubt I’ll make it. At least Sunday evening schedule is sorted for the next 4 months.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
2:20am here, so not a chance no. I'll wake up at 7 and watch the Game in 40' before work without checking any scores or social media beforehand, most efficient way for a real game experience imo.
That sounds like a good plan.

I’ll stay up yeah
Hardcore, enjoy!

I’ll try to stay up but doubt I’ll make it. At least Sunday evening schedule is sorted for the next 4 months.
OCTOBOX BITCHES!!

Tiber

Lots of reasons to feel good about Miami this week, but god the Offensive Line is depressing.

Our starting LT is somewhat mediocre to start with, and he is out with Covid. He will be replaced by someone we traded a 7th round pick for a few weeks ago.

Our LG was demoted to third string at the start of camp.

We let our C from last season walk away in free agency as we wanted to sign David Andrews - which didn't happen. The C we did sign got cut a few weeks ago and our new starter was previously a pretty terrible guard. Maybe he will suddenly be a top class center but i'm not holding my breath.

Our RG should be great!

Our RT isn't terrible but would probably be a backup guard for most teams. 2nd round pick Liam Eichenberg will hopefully replace him soon.

Can't say I will be shocked when we have a crap running game yet again and Tua ends up getting murdered. Miami always has a bad OL but you'd think they would eventually find a way to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.