NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Took tomorrow off so will be staying up for it and it's the first year I took out a game pass subscription too.

Brady is gonna get slaughtered

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
You guys staying up? What time will that be for you all?

There’s zero chance I’m staying up when it only starts at 01:20!
01:20am for me, but I’ll be doing my best to stay up. I love the hype and various pre-game shows for the opening game, and love the buzz. I doubt I’ll make it but I will at least try! And I have tomorrow off too so work can’t be my excuse!

After that, TBD week by week whether it’s a RedZone week or a week where I watch most games in 40 which means redcafe NFL thread and other NFL news sources blackout until usually Tue or Wed! I love watching all the games but avoiding news and having to put a phone at the bottom of my iPad to hide the score ticker becomes incredibly tedious. I do also like RedZone too, so will see which way I go each week!

And I know you never asked about that and certainly don’t care but whatever :P

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
01:20am for me, but I’ll be doing my best to stay up. I love the hype and various pre-game shows for the opening game, and love the buzz. I doubt I’ll make it but I will at least try! And I have tomorrow off too so work can’t be my excuse!

After that, TBD week by week whether it’s a RedZone week or a week where I watch most games in 40 which means redcafe NFL thread and other NFL news sources blackout until usually Tue or Wed! I love watching all the games but avoiding news and having to put a phone at the bottom of my iPad to hide the score ticker becomes incredibly tedious. I do also like RedZone too, so will see which way I go each week!

And I know you never asked about that and certainly don’t care but whatever :P
:lol:

It’s always RedZone for me unless the Broncos are playing in that same window. It felt like last year they were always on in the middle of the night so hopefully they’ll have more 6pm or 9:25pm games that I can watch live.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

It’s always RedZone for me unless the Broncos are playing in that same window. It felt like last year they were always on in the middle of the night so hopefully they’ll have more 6pm or 9:25pm games that I can watch live.
Lots of late kick-offs but just the one TNF game against the Browns right now and no SNF/MNF games. I think you can get flexed into a primetime slot as from Week 14 though, not sure about that.

I got this jersey from my gf yesterday for my birthday by the way, fecking love it :drool: Glorious.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You guys staying up? What time will that be for you all?

There’s zero chance I’m staying up when it only starts at 01:20!
Stay up to watch Dallas get dicked by Tampa. Nah. I'll put myself through that tomorrow morning.

Carl

But, whilst everyone is so pumped for the season, I'll take this opportunity to again say that I'm actually going to the states to watch 2 live games!!

I'm so fecking excited for it. I'm in New Orleans for Dallas @ Saints then travelling to Pitsburgh to watch Ravens @ Steelers.

If Covid stops me going, I will cry.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@Rado_N now that I see the post above, have you found any additional information yet about foreigners visiting the US if you've been vaccinated with AstraZeneca?

We are still putting our November NY trip on hold because they require "fully vaccinated" for dining, pubs, events, ... but it's unclear whether that includes AZ vaccines. Think it's state-regulated so probably would be different for Colorado anyways.

RoadTrip

@Rado_N now that I see the post above, have you found any additional information yet about foreigners visiting the US if you've been vaccinated with AstraZeneca?

We are still putting our November NY trip on hold because they require "fully vaccinated" for dining, pubs, events, ... but it's unclear whether that includes AZ vaccines. Think it's state-regulated so probably would be different for Colorado anyways.
As far as I’m aware we can’t enter the US at all at the moment, regardless of vaccination. And knowing the US, I suspect if the vaccine isn’t on their approved list they will be difficult about it. The fact that UK US travel hasn’t reopened yet is testament I think to Biden not making any special exemptions for us UKians :(.

I’ve a Vegas trip on hold because if this pain.

RoadTrip

But, whilst everyone is so pumped for the season, I'll take this opportunity to again say that I'm actually going to the states to watch 2 live games!!

I'm so fecking excited for it. I'm in New Orleans for Dallas @ Saints then travelling to Pitsburgh to watch Ravens @ Steelers.

If Covid stops me going, I will cry.
From the UK? When are those games? I pray Biden and co. deploy some sense to allow us back in sometime soon.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
As far as I’m aware we can’t enter the US at all at the moment, regardless of vaccination. And knowing the US, I suspect if the vaccine isn’t on their approved list they will be difficult about it. The fact that UK US travel hasn’t reopened yet is testament I think to Biden not making any special exemptions for us UKians :(.

All you have to do is spend 14 days somewhere else; just stop at Bermuda and hang out there. Make it a month long vacation. :p

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Wow you're right, residents of the Schengen Area (including Belgium) aren't allowed either, didn't know that. I thought travel had largely opened up again to/from the USA.

Ugh, hate this.

RoadTrip

Wow you're right, residents of the Schengen Area (including Belgium) aren't allowed either, didn't know that. I thought travel had largely opened up again to/from the USA.

Ugh, hate this.
Yeah mate it’s fecking dumb. They should have opened it up ages ago. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t now. The US also has primarily the Delta variant now, right? Could understand it whilst they were trying to keep it out but can’t understand it now.

RoadTrip

The other issue I contend with because I’m a cheap ass MOFO is how do I justify only watching RedZone each week after spending 100something on game pass :lol:

Yeah, it’s particularly irritating when the really exciting games are on Sky blackout. I mean, do that many people in the UK really buy Sky Sports because of their NFL coverage, and are there really that many people who buy game pass? The blackouts are irritatingly stupid.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah mate it’s fecking dumb. They should have opened it up ages ago. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t now. The US also has primarily the Delta variant now, right? Could understand it whilst they were trying to keep it out but can’t understand it now.
Yeah, the delta and I don’t even know what else is rampant so it’s already here; it’s not like we’re keeping anything out. But at 150k new cases a day they’re not taking any chances. I wouldn’t expect a change in stance anytime soon.

RoadTrip

Yeah, the delta and I don’t even know what else is rampant so it’s already here; it’s not like we’re keeping anything out. But at 150k new cases a day they’re not taking any chances. I wouldn’t expect a change in stance anytime soon.
But I don’t quite understand why they wouldn’t open up for vaccinated folks. The impact on business and in particular transatlantic airlines would be huge to open it up now.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That's not likely to change at all indeed if some states like Florida just refuse to get vaccinated or even wear masks? You can't stay closed forever ffs :D

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That's not likely to change at all indeed if some states like Florida just refuse to get vaccinated or even wear masks? You can't stay closed forever ffs :D
Just blame Florida and Texas for screwing you over; that’s a pretty safe option for about anything around here. Not only not wearing masks but banning the option to even have a mask mandate for a school or business. :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The other issue I contend with because I’m a cheap ass MOFO is how do I justify only watching RedZone each week after spending 100something on game pass :lol:

Yeah, it’s particularly irritating when the really exciting games are on Sky blackout. I mean, do that many people in the UK really buy Sky Sports because of their NFL coverage, and are there really that many people who buy game pass? The blackouts are irritatingly stupid.
Do you know how the game pass works in terms of number of screens . Can you share it between people ?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Speaking of game pass and it’s shitness, where the feck is the last hard knocks episode?
I think it’s on sky before the game tonight - so after that maybe

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Lots of late kick-offs but just the one TNF game against the Browns right now and no SNF/MNF games. I think you can get flexed into a primetime slot as from Week 14 though, not sure about that.

I got this jersey from my gf yesterday for my birthday by the way, fecking love it :drool: Glorious.
I have an almost identical one just with Sanders name on it :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

We’ve cancelled our planned trip for next month because it was still so fecked up with the restrictions on travel, and our friends are actually moving to Florida so our next trip will be to St Augustine, FL rather than Colorado.

So I’ll probably get eaten by a crocodile.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We’ve cancelled our planned trip for next month because it was still so fecked up with the restrictions on travel, and our friends are actually moving to Florida so our next trip will be to St Augustine, FL rather than Colorado.

So I’ll probably get eaten by a crocodile.
Best way to go

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ah, I wouldn’t worry @Rado_N that‘s probably too far north on the peninsula to run into an American crocodile.

I mean, you’ll be tripping over alligators in the dark but you’re totally safe from crocodiles. :D

RoadTrip

Maybe you’ll come across some nex level alligator king, who has bred an Alidile?! Or a crocogator?!

Yep, I’ll leave now. Apologies all.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Barring a Dallas lineman blasting Brady out of the game or @altodevil buying a voodoo doll, I think Brady will easily top 300 yards and three scores. Can see Tampa winning this 34-20 or somewhat. Dallas will need a couple turnovers to outscore Tampa IMO.

Carl

From the UK? When are those games? I pray Biden and co. deploy some sense to allow us back in sometime soon.
December. And yep, also praying for travel to be open by then. Thankfully we're all full vaccinated with Pfizer too.

Neo_Mufc

I had 1 interview this morning and I have 2 tomorrow. Do I stay up to watch the opening game..........

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Fecking hell! That's J.K. Dobbins, Justice Hill and Gus Edwards now.

It leaves them with Ty'Son Williams and Bell on the practice squad. Think Latavius Murray is going there now but not exactly exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.