NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

James_42

After a few soft holding calls they decide not to award a blatant OPI, just Tom Brady things.

James_42

Expected the Cowboys to get blown out so I will happily take this, can't believe it came down to the kicker missing an easy fg.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Buccaneers penalties and mistakes were overcome by greatness.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Expected the Cowboys to get blown out so I will happily take this, can't believe it came down to the kicker missing an easy fg.
Kicker left 7 points on the board. Cowboys also aren’t great inside the 20 yard line and they also never put pressure on the old man. Add to that an offensive pass interference on the Bucs not called and a terrible hold on the Cowboys last drive. Yes I’m bitter.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Kicker left 7 points on the board. Cowboys also aren’t great inside the 20 yard line and they also never put pressure on the old man. Add to that an offensive pass interference on the Bucs not called and a terrible hold on the Cowboys last drive. Yes I’m bitter.
So close and good effort from Dak. What an opening game though. If this is a preview of the rest of the season, we're in for a ride.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If CeeDee has a better game, then Dallas wins. He nearly made up for it at the end, but there were a couple of costly drops and he and Dak didn’t look like they were on the same page sometimes.

Not too surprising given they’ve barely shared the field together, even in practice, I suppose.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Amazing opener. Tampa’s secondary is far more of a concern then everyone was factoring in before today. Dak looked great. The Tampa offence will score a lot of points.

JoaquinJoaquin

Tom Brady is an alien. Those deep shots he hasn't took for nearly 2 years, and he getting them off now while looking even better. Crazy.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Just for clarity - are we including the 60 yard field goal attempt in this 7 points?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hell of an opening game. With some more luck (feck you Greg the Leg) and a better defense, Dallas wins this. Tampa can be caught out defensively (although Whitehead was out for them at S) but their offense with Brady at the helm is just so efficient. It's just so, so crazy that he still throws as good a ball as he did 20 years ago, or dare I say even better. There was also NO doubt whatsoever that he was gonna march them down the field for at least a FG. Weird that they seemingly didn't trust their RBs to run the clock down to 0:01 but rather wanted Brady to throw the ball out of bounds three times in a row as well. RoJo needs to be traded ASAP.

Vita Vea was a monster for the Buccs down the stretch, loved him just plowing through the O-line :lol:

With a bit more luck and better hands Lamb could've gotten near 200 receiving yards too, think he'll be fantastic for them this season as will Cooper. If Dak is gonna keep throwing it at this rate he'll shatter the all-time passing yards record imo but they'll probably tone it down a bit and give the ball to Zeke some more if they face a run defense which isn't as good as Tampa's.

Great opener. Can't wait for Sunday.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A defense really just needs it to make their priority to get as much as possible in Brady's face and make life uncomfortable for him. Maybe Dallas simply doesn't have the pass rush but Brady faced pressure on just 18% of his dropbacks. You're not beating him if you're giving him that much time and space to make throws.

mav_9me

I was surprised by how little Dallas ran the ball and yet that didn't impact their passing that much. I guess Tampa secondary is that bad huh?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I was surprised by how little Dallas ran the ball and yet that didn't impact their passing that much. I guess Tampa secondary is that bad huh?
They had the best run defense last year (or at least a top 3, don't know by heart). That, coupled with their injuries and absences in the secondary, made Dallas look to pass early and often imo.

Phil

How can Elliot have only 10 carries the entire game? You have to get him more involved.
Right above you..

They had the best run defense last year (or at least a top 3, don't know by heart). That, coupled with their injuries and absences in the secondary, made Dallas look to pass early and often imo.
Makes perfect sense to me and they did bloody well. Excited to watch the Cowboys this year.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It’s Elliot ffs. He is a top 3 RB and doesn’t Dallas have the best O-Line in NFL?
Travis Frederick has retired and Zack Martin was out due to Covid-19 protocol. Their O-line is only average because of those factors and as mentioned, Tampa's run D is no joke. A running back is just a running back, maybe Zeke creates something more than an average one but he didn't do anything with the carries he got so Dallas' decision to revert to the pass is warranted imo.

Zeke is also not as great as he once was behind that terrific Dallas O-line:

Can't seem to find his 2020 YAC but probably not a lot better if at all than that 2.6 of 2019. Definitely not top-3 in the NFL anymore imo.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
A defense really just needs it to make their priority to get as much as possible in Brady's face and make life uncomfortable for him. Maybe Dallas simply doesn't have the pass rush but Brady faced pressure on just 18% of his dropbacks. You're not beating him if you're giving him that much time and space to make throws.
Easier said than done with their O line. It's incredible.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Vita Vea was a monster for the Buccs down the stretch, loved him just plowing through the O-line :lol:
Love A great DT covers a multitude of sins. So valuable having a guy like this, but they don’t come around often. There might be one in next year’s draft.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This was because the Bucs figured out a way to mitigate the pass rush by getting rid of the ball early through short and medium range passes and the odd run. If you over commit to pursuing Brady that means you’re likely under committing to patrolling the secondary to Godwin, AB, Evans, and Gronk, and Brady is very good at reading and exploiting mismatches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.