NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Doesn’t get talked about enough how badly run a franchise the Giants are . Those two SB’s kind of put them in good light but it’s been a lot of rubbish years apart from that. They are routinely picking top 5 now and their roster isn’t even that bad but they have the worst record in the nfl in the last 5 seasons

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Doesn’t get talked about enough how badly run a franchise the Giants are . Those two SB’s kind of put them in good light but it’s been a lot of rubbish years apart from that. They are routinely picking top 5 now and their roster isn’t even that bad but they have the worst record in the nfl in the last 5 seasons
They believe in building through the draft, which is a perfectly fine philosophy…unless you’re not good at drafting.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
What I also found amazing was the the longest tenured Giants player on the roster is only in his 6th season.

Just goes to show the state of them. I think what was particularly bad though was the level of bonehead flags. They really looked a poorly coached team. The score was close so it doesn’t really get the attention it deserves.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
We're atrocious. I didn't even bother catching the game yesterday. At least tickets at Meadowlands are cheap even when good teams come in but the entire team needs to be gutted out from Gettleman down. I still feel the migraine I got when we drafted Jones. And I can't believe how much Barkley has regressed. Apart from a signature play he's good for nothing. I'd say we should be drafting OL high but I'm still scarred by Ereck Flowers...

If we don't clear 5 wins I'd like to think Judge and Gettleman are out.

RoadTrip

We're atrocious. I didn't even bother catching the game yesterday. At least tickets at Meadowlands are cheap even when good teams come in but the entire team needs to be gutted out from Gettleman down. I still feel the migraine I got when we drafted Jones. And I can't believe how much Barkley has regressed. Apart from a signature play he's good for nothing. I'd say we should be drafting OL high but I'm still scarred by Ereck Flowers...

Wasting a high pick on a running back is virtually always a bad move. But, Barkley is elite. I wouldn’t put much on him, it’s impossible to be an effective RB when you’re coming back from a bad injury, when you can’t really throw well, and the o-line is below average. Can’t think of many if any RBs who would do better than him in that context.

Jones was an odd pick.

And everything else about the Giants is crap. Even the bland stadium!

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

Sad to see what the injuries have done to Barkley. Don’t think he’ll ever be back to where he was when he first entered the league.

And obviously, Joe Judge shouldn’t be a head coach.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Their last 5 first round picks have been all on offence and 3 of them are top 6 picks and yet they have one of the worst offences in the league. Can’t believe that they looked at all those years of the cowboys and hired Garrett after that

mav_9me

I thought Judge had a decent first season with his reputation enhanced particularly getting credit for an unexpectedly good defense.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
that's a wrap on the cowboys for this season. good job everyone.
They play in the weakest decision in the NFL, plus they don't face another team that made the playoffs until something daft like week 10, by which point Lawrence will be back. Dallas will be fine.

Carl

That final drive, after the int, was the most Jason Garrett thing I've ever seen.

edcunited1878

I have Sterling Shepard as a reserve WR on my fantasy team and I thought this comment summed up some of the NY Giants frustration a few folks have shared here...

"Operating as the Giants' WR1 to begin the year, Shepard will enter Week 3 having turned 19 targets into 16/207/1 in one five-day period. Of course, both games were Giants losses, while big-dollar free agent addition Kenny Golladay was already visibly frustrated with Daniel Jones on Thursday evening. Shepard continuing to lead the Giants in targets nevertheless makes too much sense. He is the perfect conservative option for a conservative quarterback taking plays from a conservative offensive coordinator working for a conservative coach employed by a conservative general manager cashing checks from a conservative owner."

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They play in the weakest decision in the NFL, plus they don't face another team that made the playoffs until something daft like week 10, by which point Lawrence will be back. Dallas will be fine.
That stretch of no playoff teams you mention includes the Chargers, Pats, Vikes, and Broncos. It’s not as easy as it looks.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Have you watched Lawrence over the past few years. Him out is not a huge loss at all
That’s a bit of a crazy thing to say.

I still fancy the Cowboys by default.

RoadTrip

With Dak and that talent on offence, combined with what is not that difficult a schedule + the other teams in the division being pretty crap, it’s very very difficult to look past the Cowboys in that division.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They have an interesting run-in: 4 of the last 5 are division games with 2 against WFT. Their last two out of division are NO and Zona which look more difficult based on week 1.

You just know Fitzmagic will come back and go on a tear that keeps WFT alive, so those 2 games should be a lot of fun.

Tiber

Fully expecting Miami to get our ass kicked by the Bills tomorrow. Flores just can't figure out Josh Allen, for all 3 years he has been here Allen has beat up our D in a way even Brady didn't.

Our big free agent WR signing Fuller is still missing. He was suspended week one, has a personal issue this week

lsd

The Oracle
That’s a bit of a crazy thing to say.

I still fancy the Cowboys by default.

I've watched every game he plays he is easily one of our most overrated players and we have a lot of overrated players.

His stats proves that and he escapes criticism by using this excuse the other team doubles up on him

Big players are marked for more attention but when they are great they find a way to rise above it. He doesn't.

Off course it's a blow but it's not a killer one by any means and I would hope it's a chance for another player to come through and prove he is better

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I've watched every game he plays he is easily one of our most overrated players and we have a lot of overrated players.

His stats proves that and he escapes criticism by using this excuse the other team doubles up on him

Big players are marked for more attention but when they are great they find a way to rise above it. He doesn't.

Off course it's a blow but it's not a killer one by any means and I would hope it's a chance for another player to come through and prove he is better
Except you don’t have another player there that has a chance to be better, unless you want to change Parsons’ position. Hence the concern.

Carl

Not NFL but holy crap what a catch

dinostar77

Chaps, is there a website that lists all the major moves this off season? Watching NFL on bbc and suprised by some of the moves I didnt expect. Been out of the loop so a catchup of major moves would be useful.

lsd

The Oracle
Except you don’t have another player there that has a chance to be better, unless you want to change Parsons’ position. Hence the concern.

Will be Parsons and that will give Jabril Cox a chance as well who looked very good in pre season

RoadTrip

Just noticed the sky webpage that has their live NFL games list just has Dallas vs “Los Angeles” - must be Neil R who runs that page.

RoadTrip

Not many exciting games in the early window. Rams Colts maybe? Might be a RedZone week for the early games.

Says the guy who will watch Pats Jets :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Surely it’s always RedZone unless your team is playing?

Broncos in the early games so I’ll be watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.