NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
A surprisingly good game. Am I crazy or is Jax getting away with a false start here and there? You don’t have to answer the first part of the question.

Indnyc

A surprisingly good game. Am I crazy or is Jax getting away with a false start here and there? You don’t have to answer the first part of the question.
They did get away with at least a couple.. But largely I thought the game was well officiated.. Good to see them reversing their decisions a couple of times

Also Joe Burrow :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I just don't see it yet with Lawrence. Yeah sure he makes some nice throws now and then but looks pedestrian for the most part of games. Maybe playing for the Jags franchise will do that for you...

:lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I just don't see it yet with Lawrence. Yeah sure he makes some nice throws now and then but looks pedestrian for the most part of games. Maybe playing for the Jags franchise will do that for you...

I think considering the state of that franchise, hes actually looked OK. He’s composed and generally makes decent decisions. And clearly has the arm talent. It’s a shame if he gets wasted in this awful team.

Tiber

I never stay up to watch MNF unless my own team is playing, but the Manning show looks great

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Would be doubly meaningful of the Rams make it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Growing to really enjoy the NFL, but the scheduling can be awful sometimes. 49ers/Seahawks, Cards/Rams, Packers/Steelers and Broncos/Ravens all on at the same time tomorrow, and I'd quite like to watch every one of those games. :(

Why do they have to cram almost every game into three timeslots on a Sunday? Is there any chance of that ever changing?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Growing to really enjoy the NFL, but the scheduling can be awful sometimes. 49ers/Seahawks, Cards/Rams, Packers/Steelers and Broncos/Ravens all on at the same time tomorrow, and I'd quite like to watch every one of those games. :(

Why do they have to cram almost every game into three timeslots on a Sunday? Is there any chance of that ever changing?
Not much of one anytime soon. Friday is high school, Saturday is college, and the NFL has its pick of the rest with each being less attractive than the other relative to Sunday or a Monday night. Despite the NFL being the 800lb gorilla, they’d be losing viewers on weekend days in addition to affecting the college game which is a gigantic economy unto itself.

Thus the Friday—>Sunday rotation is basically sacrosanct, in addition to them not really having any impetus to change it.

RoadTrip

On a more positive note for the NFL more broadly, read an article today that only 7 clubs in the premier league had a vaccination rate of > 50% (yes, 50!).

In that context, the vaccine rates in the NFL are very good. Never sufficient until it’s 100% (apart from those who can’t medically receive it) in my view, but nonetheless.

RoadTrip

All the late window games are really interesting.

Packers Steelers perhaps the worst. Expecting Packs to win. Big Ben looks shot and their D has injuries.

NFC West all squaring off. In such a tough division both those games are critical.

And probably the one im most fascinated in is the Broncos game. Will be interesting to see how good they really are, having played cannon fodder first three weeks. Might be a tough one without Jeudy and Hamler. Is Sutton healthy?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
All the late window games are really interesting.

Packers Steelers perhaps the worst. Expecting Packs to win. Big Ben looks shot and their D has injuries.

NFC West all squaring off. In such a tough division both those games are critical.

And probably the one im most fascinated in is the Broncos game. Will be interesting to see how good they really are, having played cannon fodder first three weeks. Might be a tough one without Jeudy and Hamler. Is Sutton healthy?
Jeudy is out another week at a minimum and Hamler is done for the year, so Sutton and Patrick will have to do the heavy lifting for at least another week.

Fortunately for the Broncos, Lamar is banged up with a back problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.