NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty1968

Cannot recall if a division has had all four (or five in prior eras) teams with winning records. AFC West may do that this year.
Not sure it has been...there have been a few times with the 4th team at 8-8 though...

Broncos will struggle to get to 9-8 and Chargers are dropping like a stone at the moment.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Might not be the smartest idea to dump it on Facebook but... he's not wrong.

Mayfield is average, and all sorts of banged up. Granted, his receiving options kinda suck, but if you focus on stopping their running game like the Ravens did yesterday you're halfway there to beat them. Sucks for Cleveland that when they finally thought they had their franchise QB, they still need to go back to the drawing board.

I'm just glad this proves the whole "OBJ was the problem" narrative completely wrong in less than a month.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Short turnaround again with the Saints game on TNF.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
If like a 1/3 of a team, or more, came down with COVID what is the contingency plan in the league?

Feck you, play for me? - in Goodfellas voice over
Forfeit?
Postponed? - cannot see that being the issue with no break between end season and wild card round.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If like a 1/3 of a team, or more, came down with COVID what is the contingency plan in the league?

Feck you, play for me? - in Goodfellas voice over
Forfeit?
Postponed? - cannot see that being the issue with no break between end season and wild card round.
Forfeit sounds good to me.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
CMC out for the season. His insane usage the last few years seems to finally have taken its toll on him since 2020. Bad O-line play doesn’t help either of course. Good luck to the next big thing at RB trying to get a big payday. It's just not worth it to pay up for a RB as has been proven by Cook, Kamara, Zeke, CMC, even Henry, Saquon, ... all going down this season.

CMC likely out of 1.01 redraft consideration as well now for next season. All hail the King or JT.

Last edited:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Should Seattle move on from Carroll?
Ages ago! But, I have no inside knowledge of the situation.
And to be honest, they have enjoyed quite some success over a longer period.
The thing that really makes me question is his conservative approach when he has a QB like Wilson. 3rd and 12 - let's run the ball. That is like ridiculous.
(Or isn't Wilson as good as he seems to be to me?)

Hephaestus

Should Seattle move on from Carroll?
100%. Should have done so a while back but I'm near certain he'll "retire" at the end of the year. I'm still annoyed that we hired a new OC and promised new ideas, played one promising game full of play-action and smart play design and then immediately abandoned it to go back to the same shit as before.
Some questions need to be asked about Rusd too . He just isn't as solid as he used to be.
Hard to know how much of that is his finger, he wasn't at his best in the first 4 1/2 games but was better than he is at the moment. I'd rather shut him down now the season is 100% over and just roll with Geno for the time being, won't get us a good draft pick but should at least mean Russ is better for the next HC (or his next team... :nervous: )

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am worried now that the Eagles will trade for Russ in the summer. I am not sure about him anymore

lsd

The Oracle
I am worried now that the Eagles will trade for Russ in the summer. I am not sure about him anymore

Do you think The Eagles will use one of their draft picks for a QB?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of talent be at QB in next year's draft

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The Eagles don't need a QB. Jalen Hurts is perfectly fine.

He's a great runner, a great leader, and usually (not yet always) makes or at least tries to make the right decision. The only thing which is limited right now is his passing game but there is room for growth. Just now he has a full season sample size, it hasn't been great record wise but he also hasn't been helped by a very poor receiving cast apart from Smith this season. The Eagles should focus on developing him, and should not be looking to put aside a second-round QB from last year already.

Also, Wilson is already a likely lock for HOF. A few bad games after a finger injury aren't anything to get worried about.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Do you think The Eagles will use one of their draft picks for a QB?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of talent be at QB in next year's draft

Will depend on what happens in the rest of the season and what the outlook for free agency is. They have always liked Russ si if he is available I think they will try their best . I don't see the point of drafting a QB if you don't like someone a lot

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

He's a great runner, a great leader, and usually (not yet always) makes or at least tries to make the right decision. The only thing which is limited right now is his passing game but there is room for growth. Just now he has a full season sample size, it hasn't been great record wise but he also hasn't been helped by a very poor receiving cast apart from Smith this season. The Eagles should focus on developing him, and should not be looking to put aside a second-round QB from last year already.

Also, Wilson is already a likely lock for HOF. A few bad games after a finger injury aren't anything to get worried about.

I like Hurts but the jury is still out on him as a passer in the NFL. Russ is obviously good but I have had doubts about him for a while and my worry is that the Eagles will spend a lot of draft capital on him when there are a lot of holes on the roster

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

This might be very interesting if he goes into full detail.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think if the Seahawks actually trade Wilson, they will regret the move for years to come.
They should have gotten rid of Pete Carroll years ago. The man is clearly incapable of adapting to a changing NFL and a changing roster. His style of play is outdated and doesn’t fit the roster. There is no excuse for running an offense that conservatively, while having two great receivers and a hall of fame QB.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
What’s with the questioning of Wilson all of a sudden? He is a HOF QB, and few bad games (not least because he recently had a finger injury and really it’s his first proper spell missing games) doesn’t suddenly change that. There are only a handful of teams who would not immediately be much better with him as their QB.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

He's not being helped by the fact that aside from Smith, the Eagles have terrible receivers. Need to upgrade and Hurts' passing numbers will go up.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's already better than Talib and Harris ever were for Denver and will probably wind up matching and eclipsing his old man's stats.
CHJ is one of the most underrated players I’ve known, he never got the respect he deserved and was an absolutely great player.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He's not being helped by the fact that aside from Smith, the Eagles have terrible receivers. Need to upgrade and Hurts' passing numbers will go up.
While that is correct what is also correct is that Hurts has always been a bit dodgy with his throwing

This is a great breakdown of the last play of that game . A lot of things go wrong for the Eagles on that play but in between Hurts has that slight window of opportunity to make the throw to Devonta but he hesitated,that is pretty much the difference between an average & a good QB

Raoul

Admin
Staff
While that is correct what is also correct is that Hurts has always been a bit dodgy with his throwing

This is a great breakdown of the last play of that game . A lot of things go wrong for the Eagles on that play but in between Hurts has that slight window of opportunity to make the throw to Devonta but he hesitated,that is pretty much the difference between an average & a good QB

Yes, he's not an elite passer by any stretch. If you watched his Bama/OU work, he was a classic dual threat. A good (but not great) passer, and a very good runner. The only difference between his college and pro performances has been that he had an endless amount of elite receivers to throw to in college (CeeDee Lamb, Charleston Rambo, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Waddle, Henry Ruggs, Calvin Ridley, DeVonta Smith). Having an all star list of receivers will always make a good QB look great. His fundemental problem in the pros is that (Smith aside) his receivers are low quality, and he also faces a problem of being too dual threat, where he's neither a better passer, nor a better runner than Lamar, but is still tasked with doing Lamar like things to help his team win. The Eagles need to trade for an established WR to help Smith out or else go for a guy like Drake London or Olave in the draft.

RoadTrip

I still feel in the NFL there hasn’t been a scheme which truly has gotten the most out of these dual threat QBs. I find they are less scripted thab ad hoc plays, and too often the pass gets neglected. These guys can throw but the right throws. I don’t feel schemes have properly been designed to make the most of these strengths in a consistent way. They often end up being unbalanced.

MrMarcello

Hurst is a running back playing quarterback. Average at best. Hopefully, the Eagles give him a big contract and screw their cap for years.

He may progress into a better QB but I see average on the current version.

RoadTrip

Hurst is a running back playing quarterback. Average at best. Hopefully, the Eagles give him a big contract and screw their cap for years.

He may progress into a better QB but I see average on the current version.
The thing is, though, if you have a scheme which uses dual threat properly, you don’t need him to be anything more than average. Obviously it’s better to be great at everything but just as you have QBs who are great but can’t run, you can have QBs who run well but aren’t amazing throwers.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Hurst is a running back playing quarterback.
My god, enough already with such an absolutely ridiculous narrative. He is one of 32 people in the world starting at QB in the NFL, if his passing wasn't good enough he wouldn't have made it even as a college QB.

The same thing was said about Lamar and he's an unanimous NFL MVP and the youngest to ever win it. It's nothing but one thing: a very lazy analysis of a dual-threat QB.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Hurts is exactly who we thought he was: a good leader who is capable of running with power.

He is never going to be an elite passer, but you don’t always need to be in order to win it all.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He is perfectly fine for the Eagles right now. I would just wait a while before making long term financial bets on him

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Brady doesn’t need receivers, he gets DPI called by default when he occasionally throws longer then 6 yards.

MrMarcello

My god, enough already with such an absolutely ridiculous narrative. He is one of 32 people in the world starting at QB in the NFL, if his passing wasn't good enough he wouldn't have made it even as a college QB.

The same thing was said about Lamar and he's an unanimous NFL MVP and the youngest to ever win it. It's nothing but one thing: a very lazy analysis of a dual-threat QB.
Whoa. Well... Hurts' passing is nowhere near top tier obviously. The running back comment was that he's built like a back in that regard, and he is a good runner but an average passer. But one of 32 people in the world, out-fecking-standing for him. He won a competition featuring the remnants of Joe Flacco and the mighty Nick Mullens. His dual-threat ability likely why he is starting over Minshew and Sinnet, another being those two are below average QBs in comparison to their peers and also have had little time in that offense. Hurts is likely not starting in at least 3/4 of the other clubs with better QBs on the roster. There are current backup QBs that would start in Philly - Lance for certain and probably Love off the top of my head.

Not all dual-threat QBs are/were average passers, some were exceptional passers or at least above average to their era - Cunningham, Staubach, Tarkenton, Vick, Young (Steve & Vince), etc. The criticism is aimed at all QBs fair or not. There has been a history of garbage starting QBs in the world, dual-threat or not, but heck they were one of xx starting NFL QBs in the world at one time. Fecking Quincy Carter was the main starter for three seasons in Dallas (one full season) and he was garbage at that level. But passing comparisons at collegiate and pro level are far more complex, you know that. Of course he can throw the ball, that ain't the point anyone has made that I know of.

Jackson has far more talent than Hurts has shown and did so from his first action. I was more concerned Jackson would get broken in half. But Jackson's passing has progressed and hence my last comment for Hurts - he still has time to improve. Based on what I have seen he's shown nothing that remotely makes me think he might blossom to a Lamar Jackson status.

Was it lazy analysis to call out Tebow for being a bad passer and saying he should be a running back or tight end?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brady doesn’t need receivers, he gets DPI called by default when he occasionally throws longer then 6 yards.
All those DPI’s and still 2nd most passing yards in the league :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.