NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As a Broncos season ticket holder, in the 90's to the new stadium (until we moved to Maryland) my favorites are all 80's/90's based. Elway, Davis, Atwater, Mecklenburg, Rod Smith (I still have a piece of the South Stands in a box frame in my house :lol: ).
Smith and Eddie Mac were great in that era. The mid/late 90s teams in particular were fun to watch after the failures of the preceding decades and sentiment that Elway didn't have what it takes to win the big game. The way he did it (against Favre no less) was amazing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Elway, Davis, Atwater, Sharpe, Manning (Von Miller would be #6)
I’ve not been following long enough to have a proper appreciation for the old school guys so on the basis it’s a “favourite” list as it says I’d go;

Von
Manning
Chris Harris Jnr
D.T
Champ Bailey.
Sanders

I’m having 6, deal with it.

As a Broncos season ticket holder, in the 90's to the new stadium (until we moved to Maryland) my favorites are all 80's/90's based. Elway, Davis, Atwater, Mecklenburg, Rod Smith (I still have a piece of the South Stands in a box frame in my house :lol: ).
That’s very cool!

Shannon Sharpe close to making your list?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’ve not been following long enough to have a proper appreciation for the old school guys so on the basis it’s a “favourite” list as it says I’d go;

Von
Manning
Chris Harris Jnr
D.T
Champ Bailey.
Sanders

That’s very cool!

All solid picks.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I wonder what odds you’d get on the whole division making the playoffs, I believe it’s technically possible now right?
Possible yes but I think highly unlikely for the simple reason you all need to play each other twice, which means you’ll all take wins off each other. The only thing that makes it possible is that there is unlikely a wildcard team in the east and south. But you would think second in the north would get a spot.

You’d need a lot of things to go a certain wait for this. And not just within division games but would also need to assess which NFC and AFC divisions the west and north play.

I think realistically you’ll have 2 wildcards from the west and one from the north but it’s also not unlikely that one could come from the east or south purely because of ease of competition.

MarylandMUFan

Von
Manning
Chris Harris Jnr
D.T
Champ Bailey.
Sanders

That’s very cool!

He would have been but when he went to Baltimore, he talked a lot of BS (mentioned he bought a house in Baltimore and never bought one in Colorado,) and when he was in Denver made comments about how we should be more like the Chiefs fans (which was funny since they had trouble selling tickets just 5 years before he said that). Talent alone, he would be on my list but his mouth has kept him from being a favorite (though him calling in the National Guard in New England was hysterical).

RoadTrip

It might be the best division on paper since they moved to current divisional format (20ish years). It looks like it’ll be what we thought the NFC West was last year when FiveThirtyEight were running the numbers on if it was the best division ever.

The AFC North is not a walk in the park either.
Yep. The North is a kind of boom or bust division in a way. Think teams there have high ceilings but also quite low floors. I think the west has a pretty high floor for all teams.

Browns could click and be legit. Or Watson could face a big suspension and they could be bang average.

Bengals should be good baring injuries.

Ravens should be good baring injuries.

Steelers with their D and some effective QB play could be a bit of a dark horse potentially. But you’d expect them to be pretty average at this stage as the most likely outcome.

Conversely in the West, I feel all 4 teams could still be very good even with a few injuries. Perhaps the Raiders are the most vulnerable in that sense.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This off-season be wilding… :lol: Not sure how I feel about this one as both a Zach Wilson and Elijah Moore owner.
I have Waddle in my friends' dynasty league... Not thrilled if Hill goes to the Dolphins (of course unless it means Waddle goes the other direction :drool:).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Dolphins sure are making sure that McDaniel and Tua don't have any excuses left to not succeed now.
O-line: Terron Armstead, Connor Williams
RB: Chase Edmonds, Raheem Mostert
WR: Tyreek Hill, Ced Wilson
TE: franchise tagged Gesicki

Damn :eek:

Hephaestus

Good deal for the Chiefs, that's a lot of picks considering he's 28 and demanding a massive contract.
Dolphins sure are making sure that McDaniel and Tua don't have any excuses left to not succeed now.
O-line: Terron Armstead, Connor Williams
RB: Chase Edmonds, Raheem Mostert
WR: Tyreek Hill, Ced Wilson
TE: franchise tagged Gesicki

Damn :eek:
Plus a new offensive-minded coach. Yeah, if he can't succeed now, they need to move on quickly.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Meh the 4th and the 6th rounds are dart throws. They'll likely draft a WR with one of their first-rounders this season and hope they can become a stud with Mahomes. That's a good replacement strategy for Hill if he was demanding a monster contract.

RoadTrip

Meh the 4th and the 6th rounds are dart throws. They'll likely draft a WR with one of their first-rounders this season and hope they can become a stud with Mahomes. That's a good replacement strategy for Hill if he was demanding a monster contract.
3 year, $75m. Doesn’t seem that crazy to me. A little less p/y than the Adams contract.

edcunited1878

3 year, $75m. Doesn’t seem that crazy to me. A little less p/y than the Adams contract.
There's no income tax in the state of FL...not sure if that is the case as well for Missouri (don't think it is), so that's a lot of pocket money!

Looks like the Chiefs have been preparing for this and are ready to allocate money elsewhere. It's easier to find an over the top WR, but obviously at the level of Hill is rare. Chiefs identified Hill, so they probably feel confident of finding someone who could at least fill his vertical and elusive void, while rounding out their other WRs (e.g. Juju), feeding Kelce, and leaning more on the short stuff with run game.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
3 year, $75m. Doesn’t seem that crazy to me. A little less p/y than the Adams contract, according to Twitter.
It's the biggest per-year contract for any non-QB player in NFL history, and higher average than Adams' new contract.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There's gonna be such a huge shift in WRs because of those two contracts though, no way every team with a top WR right now is gonna want to / be able to give them a deal between $25-30m per year.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, ...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
There's gonna be such a huge shift in WRs because of those two contracts though, no way every team with a top WR right now is gonna want to / be able to give them a deal between $25-30m per year.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, ...
WRs out here trying to be in a tier of their own together with DE/Edge as the highest paid non-QBs.

Maybe they already were, but I always grouped both of them along with LTs and CBs.

DavelinaJolie

If ever there was a reminder that the NFL really doesn't give a shit about women, this week is it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Tua can't throw deep so it's a crap decision from Hill.
With him already having a ring, and with it probably being his last big contract, surely he's just taking the biggest deal he can get from whoever is going to give it to him?

Would have thought he'd have had plenty of better options if he was too bothered about on-field success going forward.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
With him already having a ring, and with it probably being his last big contract, surely he's just taking the biggest deal he can get from whoever is going to give it to him?

Would have thought he'd have had plenty of better options if he was too bothered about on-field success going forward.
Given that the KC offer would have apparently still made him one of the best paid receivers in the game it seems odd he’s decided to leave.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

The jets would have paid. He's gone for sunshine and vibes.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
MVS is talking to KC, but looking at the WR rooms in GB, KC, Atlanta, etc…there’s going to be a bigger run on WRs than we thought early in the draft.

It’s not going to be as wild as free agency, but the draft could be fun in the 1st.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Can't we have an NFL Transfer Tweets thread next offseason? :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.