NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Thanks for the memories, three playoff seasons & a Superb Owl basically out of nowhere. I started going to Bucs games in 1979 & had resigned myself early on to abject failure for decades to come. A purple patch under Gruden was enjoyable, but we quickly reverted back to form. Never thought we'd get anyone close to the GOAT to come to us, especially at his age, & have immediate success with him.

Now what in the feck are we gonna do at the QB position next year?!?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think he's gone for good. Even if a situation develops where a contending team needs a short-term solution for some games including the playoffs, a 46-year old falls off a cliff once he stops training on a daily basis.

Will be interesting to hear what he's worth in the booth though.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Sad times. But why did he give up his marriage for this season
Perhaps he went back because he realised he wasn't so keen on spending all of his free time with his wife.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Sad times. But why did he give up his marriage for this season
He is Tom Brady. He can get it on with whatever 20-something Instagram model, influencer or whatnot he feels like on any given day of the week.

Probably was just tired of seeing the same face over and over again at home and didn't fancy sharing all his free time with her. Don't think he dwells to much on it tbh.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

:lol:

That's already two first-ballot HOF'ers in one class right now. Hopefully Aaron Donald doesn't decide to call it quits either.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Let’s just hope he stays retired. Can’t stand seeing the cnut anymore.

Mike Smalling

End of an era. No doubt one of the greatest football players, athletes, human beings we will ever see.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Thanks for the memories, three playoff seasons & a Superb Owl basically out of nowhere. I started going to Bucs games in 1979 & had resigned myself early on to abject failure for decades to come. A purple patch under Gruden was enjoyable, but we quickly reverted back to form. Never thought we'd get anyone close to the GOAT to come to us, especially at his age, & have immediate success with him.
fecking asshole gonna hit us for $35.1 million next year. cnut.
Calodo2003 with an epic heel turn

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just joshing.

35 mil is a hefty nut, though. We were gonna have to pay it at some time.
I have a solution to your problems, you can trade him and a second round for Cousins.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I have a solution to your problems, you can trade him and a second round for Cousins.
Just read that we can kick $24 million to 2024. He's back to being the GOAT for me.

I'd rather ride & die with Trask vs. that Cousins option!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just read that we can kick $24 million to 2024. He's back to being the GOAT for me.

I'd rather ride & die with Trask vs. that Cousins option!
On a serious note, if the Vikings defense was anywhere near good I would be quite happy with Cousins but it's a waste of money and time to have Cousins in that kind of situation. There are a few teams that are a far better fit like the Commanders, Jets, Bucs or the Broncos.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
On a serious note, if the Vikings defense was anywhere near good I would be quite happy with Cousins but it's a waste of money and time to have Cousins in that kind of situation. There are a few teams that are a far better fit like the Commanders, Jets, Bucs or the Broncos.
I misread Cousins as Wentz, Cousins wouldn't be a bad fit at all.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Eagles backup charged with rape and kidnap.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Hard one to swallow after such a great stint.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

What shit luck that is. :(

Don't think I've heard about anybody who wasn't a baseball pitcher having to have that done.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

That’s disappointing as he was a good story.

Interesting that recovery time to throw a football is substantially less than to throw a baseball from elevation.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Jimmy G gone as well - so the Niners will definitely need to bring in a veteran or draft a rookie QB this offseason.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Jimmy G gone as well - so the Niners will definitely need to bring in a veteran or draft a rookie QB this offseason.
That's sounds pretty disrespectful tbh. Maybe he said something gracious about him before/after that quote but in isolation it sounds bad.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Firmly disagree, there's a reason Lance was a top-3 pick and Purdy was the last one.

Purdy's underlying metrics aren't all that great either if you look past his unbeaten starts record. Not everyone is a Prescott or a Brady, I think Lance should (or at least could) be able to beat him in camp easily - if Purdy gets healthy by then, that is.
Purdy is going to have to spend a lot of time in the off-season doing rehab, so that makes it more difficult for him to 100% secure the job. Jimmy G also leaving apparently

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
End of an era. No doubt one of the greatest football players, athletes, human beings we will ever see.
One thing that often gets discussed is whether Brady is the greatest team sport athlete (to use the US parlance for 'sportsperson') of all time. I'd still go with Jordan but Brady certainly has a very strong case

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Crazy to consider but yep
His 20s and 40s are worse than Eli’s career stats (less yards, wins, TDs, same amount of rings apart from 3 vs 2 rings in 20s) and Eli is only a borderline case for a lot of people…

I agree though, also think Eli should be in.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Another twist in the coaching carousel was that someone jumped the gun on Fangio to the Fins, and of course he and Payton were rumored to be sort of a package deal. I’d be fine with keeping Evero but hey, it worked with Wade Phillips. Related:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Another twist in the coaching carousel was that someone jumped the gun on Fangio to the Fins, and of course he and Payton were rumored to be sort of a package deal. I’d be fine with keeping Evero but hey, it worked with Wade Phillips. Related:

I’d be slightly nervous about Fangio after all the talk of players hating him and him making them run into walls until they were calloused in training camp.

The dream scenario with DC is keeping Evero, but him landing a HC job wouldn’t be a shock.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Teams often look to coordinators for head coaches, and obviously that makes sense. Notwithstanding that though, the roles are quite different and to my mind how someone performs and behaves as a head coach, even if badly, should be looked at in a different light if assessing how they’d be back in a coordinator role.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
His 20s and 40s are worse than Eli’s career stats (less yards, wins, TDs, same amount of rings apart from 3 vs 2 rings in 20s) and Eli is only a borderline case for a lot of people…

I agree though, also think Eli should be in.
Erm, what? Eli played for 16 seasons so obviously he's going to have more volume stats than any Brady decade. He was also wildly inconsistent, lost as many games as he won and threw a crapload of interceptions (none of which is true of Brady at any stage in his career). That's why Eli is borderline for some people (not me).

Status
Not open for further replies.