NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Do these GMs , CEO's and owners all call themselves Superbowl winners? That CEO wearing the Superbowl ring is cringe af

Sylar

I’m glad the Chiefs won but that call ruined the ending. Also after listening to Kelce why does every player on every team in American sports think they never get respect and that” no one believed in them” even though they have the best player.
Kelce is on the caf and reads PRos comments about the chiefs every game day

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Do these GMs , CEO's and owners all call themselves Superbowl winners? That CEO wearing the Superbowl ring is cringe af
GM's deserve the acclaim. The owners getting first shot at the trophy and the congratulations is peak America and completely pathetic.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Chiefs offense was incredible and honestly I was ready for them to just run the clock down and win. We had no answer honestly. Biggest positive for the Eagles is the way Hurts played was so nice to see
Your offense was so much better than I thought they'd be. Incredible by Hurts and you'll be back. Call at the end was very harsh.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Paolo Banchero will be walking around Orlando accepting congrats this week.

sidsutton

At least the NFL now has the blueprint for a successful rebuild. All the way from the depths of the *checks notes* losing the AFC championship game to the Super Bowl.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Eagles peak win probability was 78.4% after the Chiefs first play in the 3rd quarter. About 23 minutes later, with just under 7 minutes remaining, the Chiefs had flipped that to 88.7% before Philly tied the game which gave KC a slight lead.

Astonishing comeback.

mav_9me

I’m glad the Chiefs won but that call ruined the ending. Also after listening to Kelce why does every player on every team in American sports think they never get respect and that” no one believed in them” even though they have the best player.
I know right. That's just nonsense, manufactured chip on the shoulder

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
One of the reasons the game was so good was that they let them play . In my opinion the ref just couldn’t believe that Mahomes overthrew by so much and so thought that the WR must have been held

Bradberry admitted that he did hold him tbh but they called nothing all game and to then make that call is just so deflating

Charlie Foley

You’re right, but he’ll be extra unbearable tomorrow.

If you are operating in any media space where you are coming across that bellend you are in the wrong corners of tv/the media. At some point we the audience need to take some responsibility. Box this bellend out

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Great game. Fun for the neutral but that call was super lame. They didn't call it all game but then suddenly in a pivotal moment they do. Weak sauce. Mahomet and Hurts should be proud. That fumble and return for td was the decisive play though. Mahomes is building his resume for goat as we speak.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Still a bit bummed about the holding call; yeah it technically a correct one but they decided not to call other instances which would also have been "correct calls" throughout the entire game, which was actually great for the game. So I really don't know why they felt the need to make that decision in that moment and put all attention on them, no one would've batted an eyelid with a non-call there as well, especially since Mahomes greatly overthrew it. It's just a shame. Between all the missed calls in the conference championships two weeks ago, a holding call on Kupp in the SB last season, the blatant non-PI call on the Saints a few years back in the NFC championship game, ... it's just been too much imo. The NFL *should* have the tools to basically completely erase stuff like this but it's still happening way too often.

It was once again a great Super Bowl though, Mahomes and Hurts should be immensely proud of themselves - performing like that under such circumstances, while being the youngest average combined age for QBs in the big game, that's just impressive and tells you all you need to know about these players. Hopefully Hurts has silenced his doubters know. Mahomes being 2-1 instead of 1-2 is big for him as well, especially in a stacked AFC with young QBs like Burrow, Allen, Lamar, Herbert, Lawrence, even Fields, who'll give him all they have each season to dethrone him. The AFC is crazy deep but you still (rightfully) feel that it runs through Arrowhead until proven otherwise. Still, getting to 7 might be a though task but even then Brady didn't win his fourth until he was 37 - so gonna be fun to follow if he gets another 2 in five years the next half decade.

Now the long wait begins...

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Pacheco really runs like every one of them is the last one he'll ever get :lol:
This video made before he got drafted sheds some light on that. To do what he did after what he faced back then is incredible.

Sylar

$234K / second ads buys this SB.
So off-topic and I know this would cover a 30 second spot, but the company I work basically deals with the inventory regarding this (space for ads, etc).
Some brands (cant say which) defo paid over $7 m for a 30 second spot (which is the highest superbowl price tag to date)
This is expected to go up year on year as well. Its insane (especially as 95% of the space was sold by September of last year)

Insane numbers.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The hold call was soft given the leniency of the calls throughout. Both teams had been let off for similar through the game. O-line holding was being flat-out ignored. I remember at least two instances where the Chiefs RT had Reddick practically in a DDT. Seemed like they were protecting banged up QBs, understandably after the NFCCG. I'm glad it wasn't a flag heavy game, the flow of the game was generally great, but it was odd to call something so soft right at the death comparative to the rest of the game.

Tough loss for the Eagles, particularly as I think this was a win-now team. They have a lot of pieces for the future, but stand to lose a bunch of defensive talent this off season who will have to make way for Hurts' extension. Potentially a couple of retirements too. Kelce, Graham, Cox and Johnson are all in that conversation. Roseman has pulled off wizardry in the last year or so, so who knows? Kelce Bowl 2: Electric Boogaloo.

7 lousy, stinking months to go.

Ted Lasso

For such a macho man sport , ironic that the lightest tug on the shirt gets called and decides games.

Status
Not open for further replies.