NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Who’s the greatest defensive player of all time in your opinion then lads? Loads of social media buzz (obvs) that it’s Donald. I think older folk would say LT or maybe Reggie White.

Growing up I loved safeties like Reed, Polamalu and Dawkins even if not the ‘GOAT’
It’s hard to look past LT, although I obvs didn’t follow NFL back then. So going based on articles and vids. Donald is obviously GOAT territory though. He’s also changed what teams look for in some ways at the interior DL position.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's very difficult to pick greatest at positions when there are varying levels of eras in NFL history, and stat counts like sacks, tackles, etc. were not officially tracked. You'd have guys like Deacon Jones, Joe Greene, Merlin Olson, Donald, White, etc. in contention for best DL with two awards - DE and DT/NT. Then guys like Butkus, Ham, Singletary, LT, Seau, Lambert, Lewis, etc., at LB with two awards - ILB and OLB. When it comes to the secondary it's probably hard for today's fans to pick the best CBs and FS/SS. For me, there is no safety in Ronnie Lott's class, all others are a tier below, and he was all-pro at CB before moving to safety. Pre-90s CBs like Hayes, Renfro, Blount, Willie Brown, Lane, so forth were studs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Who’s the greatest defensive player of all time in your opinion then lads? Loads of social media buzz (obvs) that it’s Donald. I think older folk would say LT or maybe Reggie White.

Growing up I loved safeties like Reed, Polamalu and Dawkins even if not the ‘GOAT’
Almost impossible to say given the subjective criteria. There have been a handful of players who at various times in their careers were so dominant that they literally changed the way offenses prepared to face opponents.

LT, Deion, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Ed Reed immediately spring to mind. Donald would probably be in the echelon just below White and Smith.

If you forced me to pick one player, I would say LT was the best of the lot. He played with a touch of insanity that struck fear in the hearts of opponents.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

From whom I’ve seen, gotta say LT.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Almost impossible to say given the subjective criteria. There have been a handful of players who at various times in their careers were so dominant that they changed the way offenses prepared to face opponents.

LT, Deion, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Ed Reed immediately spring to mind. Donald would probably be in the echelon just below White and Smith.

If you forced me to pick one player, I would say LT was the best of the lot. He played with a touch of insanity that struck fear in the hearts of opponents.
No mention of Paul Krause? :nono:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Had no idea the Broncos Jaguars game was already on sale. Got my tickets tonight - quite high up but side on inbetween the 30-20 yard line so should have a decent view of everything. Looked on a few websites searching for photos from my block and it looks like a great view.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern

From those I’ve seen it’s Donald and there’s no contest there. Nobody comes close.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It feels like LT is the right answer. And though I wasn’t able to watch his career, there’s someone new also from the NFC East whose description sounds a lot like his…

Even if Parsons doesn’t reach those heights he seems like a potential spiritual successor.

Charlie Foley

We respect Ronnie Lott in this household.

Deion Sanders and LT the best for me. Dick Butkus has the GOAT name which surely counts for something

Wittmann45

Never heard of homework being assigned in a contract before…

Admittedly didn't read beyond the tweet, but Murray has said in the past that he doesn't watch as much film as others because he thinks he is blessed and he sees things others do not.

It is very interesting because he is playing in and around the same time as a half dozen or so of the GOAT QBs, most of whom are known as meticulous watchers of game film (Brady and Manning are legends in that regard). I mean, even Phillip Rivers used to be driven in a limo/vehicle that had a number of tv screens so that he could watch game film while on his way to and from practice. The best quarterbacks of the last 20 years or so have all pointed to watching a crazy amount of game film as the reason for their success. Yet Kyler doesn't think it is necessary. It is an odd stance to take and it is a big red flag all around for sure

Last edited:

RoadTrip

Was coming into this thread to post about this.

It’s pretty damning in my mind for Murray.

I'm surprised more contracts don't include this. It's an absolute prerequisite of being a good football player, to watch film.

Remember Jamarcus Russell?
I’m not surprised at all. In my mind watching film and preparation for your next game should be a prerequisite for any big contract because without it it’ll eventually catch up to you and your chances of winning drastically reduce. In other words, I’m not sure how many teams would offer such a contract to someone who themselves doesn’t put that time in anyway.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Queue for the tickets today meant to open at 9.30. I log on at 9 and there's 100k folk in front of me.

Total bollocks. Queue didn't reset either. I hate capitalism and greed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Queue for the tickets today meant to open at 9.30. I log on at 9 and there's 100k folk in front of me.

Total bollocks. Queue didn't reset either. I hate capitalism and greed.
Honestly mate. Literally the same here. I was ready and logged around 9:25am only to find over 100k people ahead of me. My mate was in there about 20 minutes before me and he has a similar number ahead of him.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It’s inching closer guys. Last month without football for the rest of 2022 kicks off next week. So fecking buzzing for Week 1 already.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Which games are you guys trying for?

I know I’ve overpaid using viagogo but I’m very happy to have sorted tickets for the Broncos game, and seats are brilliant; roughly on the 20 yard line and quite close to the field.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Which games are you guys trying for?

I know I’ve overpaid using viagogo but I’m very happy to have sorted tickets for the Broncos game, and seats are brilliant; roughly on the 20 yard line and quite close to the field.
I might have resort to that if I'm being honest. I'm in the queue for the Saints-Viking game. I doubt I'll get anything. I absolutely detest the way they do this every year.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Yeah I will just cough up some more money. Tbh loads of tickets come up around game day as well on Ticketmaster etc

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Admittedly didn't read beyond the tweet, but Murray has said in the past that he doesn't watch as much film as others because he thinks he is blessed and he sees things others do not.

It is very interesting because he is playing in and around the same time as a half dozen or so of the GOAT QBs, most of whom are known as meticulous watchers of game film (Brady and Manning are legends in that regard). I mean, even Phillip Rivers used to be driven in a limo/vehicle that had a number of tv screens so that he could watch game film while on his way to and from practice. The best quarterbacks of the last 20 years or so have all pointed to watching a crazy amount of game film as the reason for their success. Yet Kyler doesn't think it is necessary. It is an odd stance to take and it is a big red flag all around for sure
Good god. Blessed? :lol:

But I guess he does have a point. Being a midget does mean he would have to use his third eye often.

RoadTrip

Thankfully for London I’m ok as can renew from Previous years.

For Germany, I joined the queue 5 seconds after it opened. I was 92k in the queue. All gone by circa 30k left.

I thought hey, let’s check if I try join queue on my mobile too. I was 620k in the queue.

Literally feck off!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Thankfully for London I’m ok as can renew from Previous years.

For Germany, I joined the queue 5 seconds after it opened. I was 92k in the queue. All gone by circa 30k left.

I thought hey, let’s check if I try join queue on my mobile too. I was 620k in the queue.

Literally feck off!
70% are just bots hoovering up all the tickets for reseller sites too. It's so annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.