NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I looked for it on their website to make sure it wasn't just some Fox outrage farming... and it's even worse than I thought:

West Palm Beach, Fla. – In a proposal sent to NFL Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay ahead of its annual league meeting this month, PETA is throwing a flag for the term “horse-collar tackle,” which makes light of using tight harnesses to exploit horses for labor.

The request follows the group’s well-received appeal to the baseball world to replace the term “bullpen” with the animal-friendly term “arm barn.”

“Words matter, and the term ‘horse-collar tackle’ trivializes an old-style contraption that exploits horses for labor,” writes PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “You could score a touchdown for horses by instead converting it to the ‘Goodell Grab’ or ‘back-collar tackle,’ as neither of these terms normalizes animal abuse.”

PETA—whose motto reads, in part, that “animals are not ours to abuse in any way”—opposes speciesism, a human-supremacist worldview. The group’s letter to Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay is available upon request.
"Arm barn" ffs :lol:

On a more serious note, I find it a worrying trend in activism and politics that people with good goals and intentions are cheapening and outright harming their causes by trying to make big deals out of issues that are just obviously fecking stupid. People sat around looking for reasons to be offended are doing a lot more good for Fox News and the Daily Mail than they are for their own plights.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At this rate we'll all have personally known a person who has played for the Rams.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Requests a trade? Fecker should be delighted there’s an NFL team wanting to go into next season with him as its starter ffs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hopefully Cousins likes Cleveland.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Uuuugh Robinson to the Bears. OBJ needs to leave now hopefully.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Low key, Baker would be a fantastic fit personality wise with the knee biting knucklehead in Detroit.

Don’t know how feasible that is though.

JPRouve

Scout
I crunched the numbers, if Cousins is traded post june 1st to Cleveland in exchange of Mayfield and then the Vikings cut Mayfield, it would only cost 35m.

lsd

The Oracle
Robinson is a player that could be fantastic with the right service.

Rams really don't care about draft picks do they?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Robinson is a player that could be fantastic with the right service.

Rams really don't care about draft picks do they?
They had the highest number of drafted players in their roster of any team last season.

lsd

The Oracle
They had the highest number of drafted players in their roster of any team last season.

How many come through? It's interesting to me some teams prefer doing they hard work through the draft and ignore free agency pretty much and others seem to prefer bringing in established players and giving up draft picks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How many come through? It's interesting to me some teams prefer doing they hard work through the draft and ignore free agency pretty much and others seem to prefer bringing in established players and giving up draft picks.
What do you mean come through?

All NFL teams have a 53 man roster, and the Rams had the highest proportion of drafted players amongst theirs.

They make some headline big moves in FA or trades but they seemingly draft well in the later rounds.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't remember the stats but here you have an article about the way they built their roster.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Such a shame losing Davante. What a player he has been for us. From his shaky first season to the best receiver in the league. Good luck to him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Watson can't decide if he wants to go home or if he wants to win.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nope. Don't like that.

I was sure Rodgers coming back hinged on Adams re-signing too, since he'd even talked about it. Ah well.

WR room in GB looks thin right now. Cobb, Lazard and Amari. Maybe they'll bring back MVS, but there's still no WR1 amongst those.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Oh ffs!!

Will be interesting to see how they Raiders it up now.
Don't worry, we have an almost completely porous offensive line currently minus left tackle, so Carr won't be able to hold on to the ball long enough for Adams to make a difference. There's a reason why Renfrow caught over 100 passes last year

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't worry, we have an almost completely porous offensive line currently minus left tackle, so Carr won't be able to hold on to the ball long enough for Adams to make a difference. There's a reason why Renfrow caught over 100 passes last year
Thanks that helps :lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
By the way, I don’t think trading a first and second round pick in addition to handing out one of the biggest salaries in the league to Adams will necessarily be a good deal for the Raiders. Reminds me of Mack to the Bears.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I thought Mack to the Bears was a great deal for the Bears, they just failed to build a competitive team apart from that (maybe because of the Mack deal partly, but drafting Trubisky over Watson/Mahomes certainly didn't help).

My "hot" take is that Adams will still be good with Carr but nowhere near WR1 overall conversation like he was in Green Bay. Not even close.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If the Packers now sign Odell Beckham Jr., and he's healthy for Week 1, we will all witness who is the best and most talented WR in the NFL. Don't like to make early predictions, but 150-2100-21 all but confirmed in that case.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I thought Mack to the Bears was a great deal for the Bears, they just failed to build a competitive team apart from that (maybe because of the Mack deal partly, but drafting Trubisky over Watson/Mahomes certainly didn't help).

My "hot" take is that Adams will still be good with Carr but nowhere near WR1 overall conversation like he was in Green Bay. Not even close.
But that was precisely the issue with Mack. The cost was too high. They weren’t able to build a competitive roster in part due to that deal. The same will be the case for the Raiders. Looking at their roster, I find it hard to see them win playoff games in the future.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Worth noting that Carr and Adams were at Fresno together, they already have a connection/chemistry. No doubt he obviously isn't Rodgers level though.

Big gamble for us especially the salary but can't wait! Gotta make these sort of moves to compete, especially in a division as stacked as ours.

Mike Smalling

Damn, the Rams have a tough schedule next year. Outside their own division they will play Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Bills, Cowboys, Packers, Bucs, Saints, Falcons and Panthers. Outside of the Bucs the NFC South is fairly beatable, but the rest couldn't get much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.