NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
For some reason it seems to be way worse for RBs than WRs. I remember Kupp tearing his ACL and being back in like half a year.

The most recent RBs I can think of are Tarik Cohen (DNP in 2021 after injury in 2020), Penny (took almost 2 years to get it right again), Saquon (so-and-so since coming back), Dalvin Cook (took more than a season to get back to full strength again).

Adrian Peterson being the exception but that's 10 years ago now.
I’m continually having to readjust my views on injuries, be it an Achilles or in baseball a Tommy John surgery.

I have gotten in arguments over ACL‘s in the football forums when they’re talking about 2 full years to recover, but AD was a bit of a unicorn I guess...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Rule change official now, only for the postseason. A GM already responded that he thinks this will result in a lot of teams going for 2 on the first possession. Anyway, I like it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Rule change official now, only for the postseason. A GM already responded that he thinks this will result in a lot of teams going for 2 on the first possession. Anyway, I like it.

Good stuff.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Alway found overtime to be set up so poorly, it should have been this format all along and rightly so, should be regular season as well though. Your point of going for 2 after makes it more exciting imo.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
With teams that score late on in regular time to tie things up I wonder if we’ll see an uptick in them just going for 2

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
With teams that score late on in regular time to tie things up I wonder if we’ll see an uptick in them just going for 2
Talking about the post season, surely we would see the opposite? The risk / reward benefit has swayed such that the risk of going to overtime is overall less because you know you’ll get a chance to possess regardless.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Teams would play for overtime instead going for 2. If they don't get the 2 then they're out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Didn’t see this coming. He’s moving to a front office role…

I thought something like this might happen, but it would be if Tommy did not come back. And it would be Leftwich after he had not gotten the Jax job as Arians had already given most control of the offense to him.

edcunited1878

It's downright ridiculous the amount of money the rake in though, they're not even remotely playing in the same tier as the other traditional big four anymore.
That is split across all NFL teams, of which all games are regional or national. All the other sports leagues like NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, etc have their own local broadcast deals. Those other leagues have local and league wide deals, where they keep local revenue and split league wide broadcast rev.

NFL has the best scheduling and takes advantage of Sundays during the fall/winter (most of the country isn't warm enough to be outside during their games). Helps that 3 of the largest public TV stations pay for the rights here (NBC, Fox, CBS).

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That is split across all NFL teams, of which all games are regional or national. All the other sports leagues like NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, etc have their own local broadcast deals. Those other leagues have local and league wide deals, where they keep local revenue and split league wide broadcast rev.

NFL has the best scheduling and takes advantage of Sundays during the fall/winter (most of the country isn't warm enough to be outside during their games). Helps that 3 of the largest public TV stations pay for the rights here (NBC, Fox, CBS).
Interesting. Are those local deals included in media right deals and in number of people watching, or is that also calculated on national/regional level?

And can people from let's say California or Texas watch Milwaukee games when they're not broadcasted on national level, for example?

Last edited:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The timing is a bit strange this far in to the off-season, but why would Brady be so insistent on them changing head coach? Arians seems to be well-respected in the game and a likeable guy, and they won a Superbowl together the season before.

And for that new head coach to be Todd Bowles no less, a defence-first guy who hasn't seen any success as a HC.

I'm not buying it.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The timing is a bit strange this far in to the off-season, but why would Brady be so insistent on them changing head coach? Arians seems to be well-respected in the game and a likeable guy, and they won a Superbowl together the season before.

And for that new head coach to be Todd Bowles no less, a defence-first guy who hasn't seen any success as a HC.

I'm not buying it.
Brady did not get on with Arians

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Not saying every hypothesis is true but I do think there's something off about the whole thing. Brady retiring then un-retiring. Arians stepping away right now for a position higher up, while the first time he retired (with the Cards) he was just done with the game. All the reports of them not getting on, and of course the altercation between Arians and Brady's best friend forever Antonio Brown.

Especially Brady's retirement. Do we really think he thought he was done with the game and then after one month thought "nah, too soon"? Doesn't seem like something he would do. I think it might have been to pressure the Bucs into making a decision.

Not sure we'll ever find out what exactly went on though.

V.O.

:lol:

You wouldn't even be able to do all that in franchise mode on Madden.

How are they building a galactico team in a sport where you can't buy players and have a salary cap? ffs :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

How are they building a galactico team in a sport where you can't buy players and have a salary cap? ffs :lol:
Smarter management than the Giants, who don’t have enough to pay their upcoming draft class even though they are projected to be at the bottom of their division…

V.O.

Smarter management than the Giants, who don’t have enough to pay their upcoming draft class even though they are projected to be at the bottom of their division…
Well, as a United fan that makes me feel ever so slightly less shit about how we're run!

But as a Cardinals fan... how the feck is Murray going to get paid? :(

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

They are not really building a galactico team and their star players have reasonable cap hits this year. Stafford is going to be a problem in the future with a cap hit that goes from 13.5m this year to 20m in 2023, 46.5m in 2024 and 50m in 2025. Though there are some decent restructuring options in 2024 and 2025

JPRouve

Scout
Well, as a United fan that makes me feel ever so slightly less shit about how we're run!

But as a Cardinals fan... how the feck is Murray going to get paid? :(
Don't worry, the Cardinals have a lot of contracts ending this year. At the minute they have 93m in cap space for 2023.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Brady and BA quite clearly respect each other. I don’t think Brady wanted to play for him any longer due to his lackadaisical ways. Brady wins, and that’s all that matters to him.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’d be funny if this whole dramatic episode stemmed from Arians calling out Tommy publicly in press conferences a while back and hurting his ego.

Brady knew the day he came back Bruce was gone.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I mean, he's not wrong. He's still very good at football and way better than guys like Kenny Golladay or Christian Kirk getting big money deals.

The second part of his statement is just sad to see though, that he can't comprehend why no team wants him anymore.

JPRouve

Scout
I mean, he's not wrong. He's still very good at football and way better than guys like Kenny Golladay or Christian Kirk getting big money deals.

The second part of his statement is just sad to see though, that he can't comprehend why no team wants him anymore.
He is wrong because the reason he hasn't been offered similar or bigger contracts isn't about his abilities on the field but his inability to not be an ass out of it. If he acted normally he would currently be at the top of the Steelers's payroll.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause

He’s absolutely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.