NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Pro Day timing of course, but that's faaast.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Pro Day timing of course, but that's faaast.
Kind of a weird prospect. His frosh season was so good, best ever since PFF started grading college, he could’ve been a top 3 worthy pick but has not been great since and now they’re talking about Sauce Gardner going ahead of him. And not just because his name is lit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Every time I hear or read that guy's name all I hear in my head is 'sideline, touchdown, unbelievable' and I have to fight the urge to volley the cat out the room.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
The Cowboys are bringing in WR draftees for visits. Jerry will probably be over the moon if the Arkansas boy drops.
I reckon he probably will and I'm sure they'll take him if that's the case.

I'm interested to see what order the WRs go this year. For me Chris Olave is the top guy as I think he's the best route-runner by a distance and the most polished and still has 4.4 type speed, but I don't think he'll be first off the board - that might be Drake London (who might be my #2) or Garrett Wilson.

Despite the ACL I think there's a shot Jameson Williams goes before Burks too. But we should see at least those 5 go in the 1st round.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Pickens and even Dotson have a chance to be Round 1 as well, although 7 WRs would probably be a bit much :lol: I rate them in this order right now:

1 WIlson
2 Olave
3 Burks
4 London
5 Williams

Although the bottom three could have the most potential out of those 5... Just think Williams could take a while to get up to speed, so does Burks with his limited route tree. London is a big contested catch guy but how does that translate to the pros? Wilson is the most polished and NFL ready receiver imo.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Pickens and even Dotson have a chance to be Round 1 as well, although 7 WRs would probably be a bit much :lol: I rate them in this order right now:

1 WIlson
2 Olave
3 Burks
4 London
5 Williams

Although the bottom three could have the most potential out of those 5... Just think Williams could take a while to get up to speed, so does Burks with his limited route tree. London is a big contested catch guy but how does that translate to the pros? Wilson is the most polished and NFL ready receiver imo.
Yeah Dotson would probably be at 6 for me and I reckon he could sneak in the 1st.

Mine would be:

1 Olave - might actually have the lowest ceiling but incredibly polished and nuanced and I'm almost certain he will be a very good receiver from the get-go (if not ever elite).
2 London - definitely a big-bodied receiver type but way more agile in-and-out of routes and dangerous after the catch than I expected.
3 Wilson - NFL ready for sure from day 1 I think, I personally have him a pegged as a bit less polished than Olave but more dynamic and higher ceiling.
4 Williams - ACL aside (I think he'll recover fine and yeah probably will take a year to get up to speed) he is just a speed demon and can change your offense.
5 Burks - I do like him and he could honesty be the best of the lot, I just think he has the biggest bust potential.

I guess it depends how you look at them, Olave is my #1 despite probably having the lowest ceiling but I just think he's a cert to be really good. I feel like all these guys are 16-32 type picks though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah Dotson would probably be at 6 for me and I reckon he could sneak in the 1st.

Mine would be:

1 Olave - might actually have the lowest ceiling but incredibly polished and nuanced and I'm almost certain he will be a very good receiver from the get-go (if not ever elite).
2 London - definitely a big-bodied receiver type but way more agile in-and-out of routes and dangerous after the catch than I expected.
3 Wilson - NFL ready for sure from day 1 I think, I personally have him a pegged as a bit less polished than Olave but more dynamic and higher ceiling.
4 Williams - ACL aside (I think he'll recover fine and yeah probably will take a year to get up to speed) he is just a speed demon and can change your offense.
5 Burks - I do like him and he could honesty be the best of the lot, I just think he has the biggest bust potential.

I guess it depends how you look at them, Olave is my #1 despite probably having the lowest ceiling but I just think he's a cert to be really good. I feel like all these guys are 16-32 type picks though.
I probably look at it from a fantasy perspective too much. Every one of them but Olave are early declares.

Since 2011, 43 WRs have been first round picks. 32 of those have played (at least) three seasons in the NFL (not counting those who have recently been drafted of course). Of those 32, only 9 were seniors in college. Those 9 players: Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, DeVante Parker, Tavon Austin, Corey Davis, Josh Doctson, Kevin White, Phillip Dorsett, AJ Jenkins. A list that doesn't really inspire me with confidence.

(Then from a fantasy perspective: if you look at a player's best two seasons average PPG in his first three years, the early declares averaged 12.6 PPG and the non-early declares 8.4 PPG)

Olave can very well be an outlier, and I agree he looks great, but historical numbers are stacked against him. Devonta Smith wasn't an early declare either and I think he's headed for a pretty good career.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I reckon he probably will and I'm sure they'll take him if that's the case.

I'm interested to see what order the WRs go this year. For me Chris Olave is the top guy as I think he's the best route-runner by a distance and the most polished and still has 4.4 type speed, but I don't think he'll be first off the board - that might be Drake London (who might be my #2) or Garrett Wilson.

Despite the ACL I think there's a shot Jameson Williams goes before Burks too. But we should see at least those 5 go in the 1st round.
I think Burks might slide as well. Olave is the safest of WR picks, though it seems for the NFL it’ll be Wilson - London - Williams - Olave - Burks. I’ve sort of settled on London - Wilson in a tier of their own instead of the usual tier of 3-4 including Burks and Williams.

The O/U on first round WRs is 5.5 and I’m taking the over. One of those small school guys have a shot to sneak in at the end of the 1st as does Dotson of course.

lsd

The Oracle
Keanu Neal going to Tampa Bay. It's been a very depressing free agency for the Cowboys so far.

He was very good last year would have be really liked to keep him.

Already thinking we are going to tank this year and hire Sean Payton for the next season with a good draft

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Keanu Neal going to Tampa Bay. It's been a very depressing free agency for the Cowboys so far.

He was very good last year would have be really liked to keep him.

Already thinking we are going to tank this year and hire Sean Payton for the next season with a good draft
Did he ever play safety for y’all or was he just an outside linebacker? Word is that we are going to use him as a strong safety.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If Wal-Mart…er, Rob Walton wants to get involved for the Broncos, only Bezos could easily compete financially. Initial bids are due soon.

lsd

The Oracle
Did he ever play safety for y’all or was he just an outside linebacker? Word is that we are going to use him as a strong safety.

He played linebacker but was still very good although Safety is his preferred position

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Walmart heir and Stan Kroenke cousin apparently lining up a $4bn offer for the Broncos.

Sounds like he’d fit right in amongst the NFL owners.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Commies are valued even higher, though I don’t know if being forced to sell changes things. Don’t know how that would work.

If the Walton’s did indeed submit a bid, then that might be done dealio. Bezos wants Seattle or Washington apparently.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What the feck :( :( Tragic. So sorry to read that.

RIP

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Damn. Also quite harsh of Schefter to mention the man's struggles to make the NFL, dude just died and NFL fans know of his performances.
Schefty’s rep has taken some hits in recent times. It was reminiscent of one those NYT headlines where they lead with something like ‘Super Bowl loser dies’ - don’t remember if it was Schottenheimer…? Today was basically this:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Schefty’s rep has taken some hits in recent times. It was reminiscent of one those NYT headlines where they lead with something like ‘Super Bowl loser dies’ - don’t remember if it was Schottenheimer…? Today was basically this:

Wasn’t that Dan Reeves?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Tell me that you didn't laugh. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.