NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
feck the racists and the haters. Niners have one of the best fan bases in the nfl though. I'd say our cnut % is pretty low. No jimmy G trade and now this Deebo situation is pissing me off though. Hopefuly it;s all settled by the time the draft ends.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
feck the racists and the haters. Niners have one of the best fan bases in the nfl though. I'd say our cnut % is pretty low. No jimmy G trade and now this Deebo situation is pissing me off though. Hopefuly it;s all settled by the time the draft ends.
So weird to treat him like that. He pretty much carried the Niners offense on his back last season. We can never get rid of this sinister element of the internet though and it's pretty frustrating that we just have to live with it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Carolina is apparently abandoning a half-built HQ+practice facility because the city wasn’t following through with bonds for surrounding infrastructure development. That organization is a bit of a hot mess right now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Any of you play that weddle game? NFL’s version of Wordle?

The hard ones are semi hard. Easy ones are a piece of piss.
Odell Beckham Jr. is not a part of the players database? Rubbish game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Odell Beckham Jr. is not a part of the players database? Rubbish game.
He doesn’t have a team that’s why

Can’t give clues if he doesn’t have a conference/division/team

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He doesn’t have a team that’s why

Can’t give clues if he doesn’t have a conference/division/team
Team: All-Pro, division: HOF, conference: Canton.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I wonder what this would do to my Elijah Moore shares in fantasy. Surely McDaniel can’t afford to bring him to Miami after the Tyreek deal, right?

Houston is going hard after him, it seems.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He looks like someone that should be playing in purple.

JPRouve

Scout
In the NFL when a player does that is it then nailed on that he goes? Or is the transfer request like Rooney handing in a transfer but getting a new bumper deal?
It's likely that he is getting traded.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
As a Falcons fan, I think a Ridely for Deebo trade would be excellent!!

edcunited1878

In the NFL when a player does that is it then nailed on that he goes? Or is the transfer request like Rooney handing in a transfer but getting a new bumper deal?
Not nailed on, it always depends because contracts are actually "honored" in American sports and there's the salary cap teams/players have to contend with.

He just wants to get paid and he's seeing his worth and talent. He is the primary playmaker for the Niners.

He'll need to sit out through September (Training Camp) to show he's really serious. But restructuring his contract might not be enough and the team has many more needs (i.e. QB). So if there's suitors for him, but most importantly, teams who have the cap space to meet his salary in addition to trade capital for Niners (should be a huge asking price), it's going to be interesting.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Excellent. Means I can enjoy watching him play for a team I don't hate.

Jets would be my best guess for where he'd end up, they made a big push for Tyreek.
Same. I love him but the Niners are top 3 of the teams I love to root against.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Trade package would be similar to Hill presumably?

Who has the capital + cap space?
Jets, Texans, Falcons, Lions, Eagles are the obvious ones that could do it the easiest and some are confirmed to be in talks; Jets have been trying for for a while already supposedly. Probably leaving some off as he won‘t be short of suitors (Pats?).

Packers and Chiefs are getting mentioned, but they just let go of WRs that wanted to get paid and you could see the preferring this WR-rich draft for a cheaper option.

SirAnderson

Not nailed on, it always depends because contracts are actually "honored" in American sports and there's the salary cap teams/players have to contend with.

He just wants to get paid and he's seeing his worth and talent. He is the primary playmaker for the Niners.

He'll need to sit out through September (Training Camp) to show he's really serious. But restructuring his contract might not be enough and the team has many more needs (i.e. QB). So if there's suitors for him, but most importantly, teams who have the cap space to meet his salary in addition to trade capital for Niners (should be a huge asking price), it's going to be interesting.
Thanks for the feedback. You too @JPRouve

So which teams would be able to meet he's salary and trade capital? And is in need of someone like him? Or is it still to early to know as I suspect there are still lots of moves to be made.
Then the draft, how would that impact this, if at all?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Jets, Texans, Falcons, Lions, Eagles are the obvious ones that could do it the easiest and some are confirmed to be in talks; Jets have been trying for for a while already supposedly. Probably leaving some off as he won‘t be short of suitors (Pats?).

Packers and Chiefs are getting mentioned, but they just let go of WRs that wanted to get paid and you could see the preferring this WR-rich draft for a cheaper option.
All makes sense, especially the rich draft class, cheers.

JPRouve

Scout

Am I missing something? He hasn't extended his contract and would cost below 4m this year, the vast majority of teams have the cap space for him in 2022 and most of them can make the room and structure a contract that would fit in their books.

edcunited1878

Am I missing something? He hasn't extended his contract and would cost below 4m this year, the vast majority of teams have the cap space for him in 2022 and most of them can make the room and structure a contract that would fit in their books.
His contract for this upcoming season is fine like you mentioned, but think he wants a trade that facilitates a 2022 salary increase and seems like the Niners don't want to pay up this season or next. So he gets traded, on the condition of a new contract where year 1 of a mega deal that he's asking for ($25M+ USD per year) begins this upcoming season in 2022.

He's an unrestricted free agent 2023, and he's gonna walk for free. If he can get the money now, then why wait for another season to happen and expose yourself to injury or worse performance that could impact your earning potential.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

So which teams would be able to meet he's salary and trade capital? And is in need of someone like him? Or is it still to early to know as I suspect there are still lots of moves to be made.
I just posted some possibilities, though it’s certainly not an exhaustive list.

As to your earlier question about demanding a trade, the latest CBA actually made it harder to sit out out in protest because it now hits the player harder financially. But what’s happening is the revenue is growing so fast that any position related passing (QB, WR, CB, E) can demand sums that look massive but are actually fair market value.

And if they put their foot down on that fair value teams might decide it’d be better to get something out of them from a team willing to pay instead of creating a toxic situation that hurts both parties long-term.

edcunited1878

Didn't realize the draft was next week...which is great timing for him/Niners.

Teams can package up draft picks and players rostered for him and to the Niners, if they think this is worth it, knowing they wouldn't sell future assets (picks) and current players for a player they wouldn't sign to a new deal. For the Niners, they will have a better idea on the needs of their team knowing Deebo is gone outright or he's going to leave. Their draft strategy has to change knowing this about their best offensive player, in addition to QB uncertainty but it's going to be Lance's team, has to be.

Teams can get creative for 2022 cap space by giving him a large signing bonus or active roster bonus, while increasing his base salary from $4M to $10M or whatever. Then in 2023, it will increase massively. There are some ways around the salary cap for sure, but the player still wants to get paid annually a total of $25M+.

JPRouve

Scout
His contract for this upcoming season is fine like you mentioned, but think he wants a trade that facilitates a 2022 salary increase and seems like the Niners don't want to pay up this season or next. So he gets traded, on the condition of a new contract where year 1 of a mega deal that he's asking for ($25M+ USD per year) begins this upcoming season in 2022.

He's an unrestricted free agent 2023, and he's gonna walk for free. If he can get the money now, then why wait for another season to happen and expose yourself to injury or worse performance that could impact your earning potential.
Which isn't a problem for most teams(at least not the ones with owners that are spending cash), it would be a problem if he had a large cap hit because the limit would be league rules but cash is the easiest problem to solve. If he wants cash for 2022 teams could have part of his guaranteed money as a signing bonus paid in 2022, it won't affect the 2022 cap that much since it can be prorated, in fact that's something that many GM like because they can give you a 5 years contract with the back end being nearly unguaranteed since you got a large chunk of guaranteed money through your signing bonus.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Some more teams confirmed in the mix according to local sports guy (can’t vouch for him but whatever):

edcunited1878

Which isn't a problem for most teams(at least not the ones with owners that are spending cash), it would be a problem if he had a large cap hit because the limit would be league rules but cash is the easiest problem to solve. If he wants cash for 2022 teams could have part of his guaranteed money as a signing bonus paid in 2022, it won't affect the 2022 cap that much since it can be prorated, in fact that's something that many GM like because they can give you a 5 years contract with the back end being nearly unguaranteed since you got a large chunk of guaranteed money through your signing bonus.
Right, totally right. That's the creative talk about salary and how teams are stacking it up like Rams and Bucs. Also need to have those functional core pieces at a lower rate, but you get it!

edcunited1878

What the feck.
That role helped showcase his all around talent and he's trying to get paid like an elite receiver, who also can double as a viable backfield option.

Asking $25M per year, but getting a more focused role as a wideout? If he's getting paid that much, he should be open to being maximized on the field with solid offensive talent around him. Niners just needed a viable QB and better RB. The TE is good, when healthy, and there was Aiyuk who is good.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Interesting insight on the timing given the whole Rodgers vs Wilson of it all.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yung Joka apparently prioritizing his hip-hop career over football by skipping voluntary workouts with the new coaching staff…

Status
Not open for further replies.