NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Anyone in the UK actually play the sport?

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
So does anyone want to have a go at guessing the first round this week. Here's my attempt, miles out thought it will no doubt be cos I've not put any trades in.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aidan Hutchinson
2. Detroit Lions -Travon Walker
3. Houston Texans - Evan Neal
4. New York Jets - Sauce Gardner
5. New York Giants - Ickey Ekwonu
6. Carolina Panthers - Malik Willis
7. New York Giants - Kayvon Thibodeaux
8. Atlanta Falcons - Kenny Pickett
9. Seattle Seahawks - Jermaine Johnson II
10. New York Jets - Garrett Wilson
11. Washington Commanders - Kyle Hamilton
12. Minnesota Vikings - Derek Stingley
13. Houston Texans - Trent McDuffie
14. Baltimore Ravens - Charles Cross
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Jameson Williams
16. New Orleans Saints - Drake London
17. Los Angeles Chargers - Jordan Davis
18. Philadelphia Eagles - Davonte Wyatt
19. New Orleans Saints - Devin Lloyd
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Matt Corral
21. New England Patriots - Trevor Penning
22. Green Bay Packers - Chris Olave
23. Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Lindebaum
24. Dallas Cowboys - Kenyon Green
25. Buffalo Bills - Andrew Booth
26. Tennessee Titans - George Karlaftis
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kaiir Elam
28. Green Bay Packers - Abraham Lucas
29. Kansas City Chiefs - Treylon Burks
30. Kansas City Chiefs - Daxton Hill
31. Cincinnati Bengals - Boye Mafe
32. Detroit Lions - Desmond Ridder

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If the Packers draft an offensive lineman in the first round when Treylon Burks is still available I'm gonna shit myself laughing :lol:

Hard thing to do though, since I think there will be a few trades. Think the Jets should trade out of #2 for example, and teams might trade up for a QB. Also not fully convinced yet that Hutchinson is such a difference maker that he's worth taking for the Jags over an OT to protect Lawrence...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This is the least interested I’ve been in the draft for 6 years.

It feels good, but it’s a bit of a shame to not have any excitement for it due to not having a pick until the end of the 2nd.

Hephaestus

If the Packers draft an offensive lineman in the first round when Treylon Burks is still available I'm gonna shit myself laughing :lol:

Hard thing to do though, since I think there will be a few trades. Think the Jets should trade out of #2 for example, and teams might trade up for a QB. Also not fully convinced yet that Hutchinson is such a difference maker that he's worth taking for the Jags over an OT to protect Lawrence...
According to Schefter, there are quite a few teams looking to trade down but not much interest from teams in trading up. Can guarantee the Seahawks are one of the teams looking to trade down from #9.

It feels good, but it’s a bit of a shame to not have any excitement for it due to not having a pick until the end of the 2nd.
I know what you mean. But my urge to be salty and tell you to feck off is too strong...

Mike Smalling

Yea or nay?

His record of 1,000 yard seasons is phenomenal, and until recently it was with below-par QBs like Famous Jameis. Only two trips to the post-season so far might make it a bit of a stretch, but if he can produce for another 2-3 season, it should be possible.

backofthenet

I can't see Packers going double WR when they've not picked a 1st round WR for donkeys years. I reckon they'll pick up one (I have it as Olave) with the 22nd pick they got from us (Raiders) and then go OT for their second pick. Could be very wrong of course.

Not sure anyone will pay the price to go up to 2 when the only players normally worth that price are QB's, and this years bunch appear to be a bit meh. Watching the pre-draft stuff, I think @Hephaestus has it right in that there may well be movement at the back end of the 1st round, but with no clear outstanding players available, not much movement in the top half.

backofthenet

Know what you mean since the Raiders dont pick till the middle of the 3rd. Might be worth it to see how the Jets and Giants manage to stuff it up again...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I can't see Packers going double WR when they've not picked a 1st round WR for donkeys years. I reckon they'll pick up one (I have it as Olave) with the 22nd pick they got from us (Raiders) and then go OT for their second pick. Could be very wrong of course.
Oh yeah they have the Raiders pick of course and you have Olave to them there, missed that, apologies. Makes more sense then yeah, I think they have to go with at least one WR with one of those picks indeed. Two might be overkill.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So does anyone want to have a go at guessing the first round this week. Here's my attempt, miles out thought it will no doubt be cos I've not put any trades in.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aidan Hutchinson
2. Detroit Lions -Travon Walker
3. Houston Texans - Evan Neal
4. New York Jets - Sauce Gardner
5. New York Giants - Ickey Ekwonu
6. Carolina Panthers - Malik Willis
7. New York Giants - Kayvon Thibodeaux
8. Atlanta Falcons - Kenny Pickett
9. Seattle Seahawks - Jermaine Johnson II
10. New York Jets - Garrett Wilson
11. Washington Commanders - Kyle Hamilton
12. Minnesota Vikings - Derek Stingley
13. Houston Texans - Trent McDuffie
14. Baltimore Ravens - Charles Cross
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Jameson Williams
16. New Orleans Saints - Drake London
17. Los Angeles Chargers - Jordan Davis
18. Philadelphia Eagles - Davonte Wyatt
19. New Orleans Saints - Devin Lloyd
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Matt Corral
21. New England Patriots - Trevor Penning
22. Green Bay Packers - Chris Olave
23. Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Lindebaum
24. Dallas Cowboys - Kenyon Green
25. Buffalo Bills - Andrew Booth
26. Tennessee Titans - George Karlaftis
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kaiir Elam
28. Green Bay Packers - Abraham Lucas
29. Kansas City Chiefs - Treylon Burks
30. Kansas City Chiefs - Daxton Hill
31. Cincinnati Bengals - Boye Mafe
32. Detroit Lions - Desmond Ridder
They’re saying this is the most unpredictable draft in recent memory. There is a lack of consensus almost everywhere. I fear putting my name to one because it’ll be so wrong. :lol:

Some things I think I think: There’s some smoke about Atlanta & Malik, so even if something wild doesn’t happen at 2 I think 8 is his floor. I don’t know if Pittsburgh is willing to stomach the cost to trade up for him. Ron Rivera has only left his house to go see a prospect 2 years in his whole career for a total of 3 guys, and each year they took one of those guys in the 1st. So I would mock Olave to the Commies…we’ve already heard for a while that the NFL is higher on him than us fantasy nerds. And I’m hammering the over on 5.5 WRs taken day one; put your life savings on it.
*don’t do that. In fact, never take betting advice from me.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
My favorite draft rumor right now is Baalke is so petty he’ll pass on drafting Hutchinson in favor of Walker just to give Harbaugh the shaft and rob him of the credit of producing a #1 overall pick.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So apparently Waller was supposed to be part of the Adams trade, but they couldn’t trade him because he had not signed his Franchise Tag tender…is that right?

Now the original framework of the deal will more or less still happen in the end apparently, just in a more convoluted manner. This off-season just keeps giving.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Hmm…I was racking my brain for a RB I missed around 2000.

On another note, the Browns’ SB odds dropped by like 30% overnight recently. Somebody in Vegas knows something we don’t. Also I’m not buying into the extravagant rumored Deebo trade to the Jets: Elijah Moore + 10th pick + 35th… I’d take Elijah + Garret W/Jamo/Drake London + Breece Hall over Deebo every day of the week for a team that is in rebuild mode.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Drake just bet a million dollars at 3.35 for Drake London to be the first receiver selected tonight.

He better hopes that the Jets aren't trading for Deebo Samuel before the start of the draft. Otherwise I think London to the Jets at #10 is actually a decent bet. Commanders are also taking Olave or Garrett Wilson at #11 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.