NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Drake just bet a million dollars at 3.35 for Drake London to be the first receiver selected tonight.

He better hopes that the Jets aren't trading for Deebo Samuel before the start of the draft. Otherwise I think London to the Jets at #10 is actually a decent bet. Commanders are also taking Olave or Garrett Wilson at #11 I think.
I think there is a decent chance the WRs go in the reverse order of where I had them just a few months ago, which was Burks—Wilson—London—Olave—Jamo. The NFL loves speed like Jamo’s, and like I said Olave could be the big surprise at 11. Pickens is another wildcard; depending on whom you ask he’s either going ahead of Burks in the first or falling way back into the second.

RB could get weird too, as Breece is just about the consensus 1.01 in fantasy rookie drafts but KWIII is a better pure runner and some people are still high on Spiller. Maybe a CEH-Swift-JT situation where the NFL ignores twitter’s expert advice.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think there is a decent chance the WRs go in the reverse order of where I had them just a few months ago, which was Burks—Wilson—London—Olave—Jamo. The NFL loves speed like Jamo’s, and like I said Olave could be the big surprise at 11. Pickens is another wildcard; depending on whom you ask he’s either going ahead of Burks in the first or falling way back into the second.

RB could get weird too, as Breece is just about the consensus 1.01 in fantasy rookie drafts but KWIII is a better pure runner and some people are still high on Spiller. Maybe a CEH-Swift-JT situation where the NFL ignores twitter’s expert advice.
CEH was just an awful draft pick by the Chiefs, not sure that will be repeated. That said, Hall to the Bills is the only realistic scenario I currently see for a RB to go in the first round this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Drake just bet a million dollars at 3.35 for Drake London to be the first receiver selected tonight.

He better hopes that the Jets aren't trading for Deebo Samuel before the start of the draft. Otherwise I think London to the Jets at #10 is actually a decent bet. Commanders are also taking Olave or Garrett Wilson at #11 I think.
What are the chances that Olave drops to 16?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Extremely difficult to predict but I'd say less than 50%. In front of the Saints, you have the Falcons without any(?) WRs, the Jets are heavily linked with WRs (although to London most of the time), and the Commanders are likely to take a WR (my guess is Wilson or Olave).

I think the Saints are more interested in Jameson Williams as a speedster though, that compliments MT better than Olave would.

My guess (but it's as good as anyone's of course): London to the Jets, Olave/Wilson to the Commanders, Burks and Pickens to the Packers and Chiefs. Anyone's guess who likes Williams at this point, e.g. the Eagles could also use him (but have spent 3 first round picks on WRs the past few years if I'm not mistaken).

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Under 16.5 is -205 last I saw. I think he’s gone and will be the 2nd or 3rd WR gone if the right defensive player doesn’t fall to the Commies, but that’s just a hunch. Odds I see currently:
  1. Wilson 9.5
  2. London 10.5
  3. Jamo 11.5
  4. Olave 16.5
  5. Burks 23.5
  6. Dotson 30.5
  7. Skyy 35.5
  8. Pickens 36.5

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Extremely difficult to predict but I'd say less than 50%. In front of the Saints, you have the Falcons without any(?) WRs, the Jets are heavily linked with WRs (although to London most of the time), and the Commanders are likely to take a WR (my guess is Wilson or Olave).

I think the Saints are more interested in Jameson Williams as a speedster though, that compliments MT better than Olave would.

My guess (but it's as good as anyone's of course): London to the Jets, Olave/Wilson to the Commanders, Burks and Pickens to the Packers and Chiefs. Anyone's guess who likes Williams at this point, e.g. the Eagles could also use him (but have spent 3 first round picks on WRs the past few years if I'm not mistaken).
I think Williams will be off the board before the 16th pick. Most mock drafts I see have him going between 11-15, whereas Olave is a bit hit and miss. I have seen him as low as 20. If the Saints could walk away with Williams or Olave and an OT with the 2 picks, that would be outstanding.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Under 16.5 is -205 last I saw. I think he’s gone and will be the 2nd or 3rd WR gone if the right defensive player doesn’t fall to the Commies, but that’s just a hunch. Odds I see currently:
  1. Wilson 9.5
  2. London 10.5
  3. Jamo 11.5
  4. Olave 16.5
  5. Burks 23.5
  6. Dotson 30.5
  7. Skyy 35.5
  8. Pickens 36.5
If he's 2nd or 3rd WR off the board, then we have no chance at him, but most places I look have him as the 4th WR to go, which could give us a chance.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Rumours are Jags Lions moving away from Hutchinson for Walker and Pickett respectively, leaving Houston and Jets to take one of Sauce Gardner or Aidan Hutchinson. This is the dream scenario as a Jets fan!

More likely is Aidan #1, Travon #2, Sauce #3, KT #4 and Ikey at #5

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm a believer in the Jags picking Walker over Hutchinson but imo there's no way Detroit passes on the Michigan player / native, especially for a QB like Pickett. Better build your team up around Goff, suck for another year and then go after CJ Stroud or Bryce Young.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If any QB goes #2 it’ll be Malik. Once we find out what happens there, the draft really starts getting fun at #6 and #8.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Anyone know if you can watch the draft the day after on gamepass? I usually watch live but I have a funeral early tomorrow and this years draft is boring.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I hope the rumour of us trading one of our 1st rounds for 2023 picks is bullshit.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Probably a dumb question but do teams ever do trades for players in the ten minute window or is it just trading draft picks amongst eachother?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just took a great nap and gonna work the rest of the evening - hope I make it till 2am but not even sure yet I even wanna stay awake.

Any NFL content will do now though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
People actually watch the draft?

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow and finding out which QB the Packers took in the first round.
:lol: I know that bit and even then it still gets me in stitches. Bill Burr is so awesome.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Can’t remember a draft that I was anticipating as much as this one.
I feel the opposite to be honest, don't feel there's a lot of blue-chip guys this year, no good QB's. Hutchinson/Walker are a bit underwhelming as potential #1 picks.

Although seems like whispers are they'll be a lot of trades, so that might cause some fireworks.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I feel the opposite to be honest, don't feel there's a lot of blue-chip guys this year, no good QB's. Hutchinson/Walker are a bit underwhelming as potential #1 picks.

Although seems like whispers are they'll be a lot of trades, so that might cause some fireworks.
It’s the uncertainty that is heightening the anticipation for me, but I get what you are saying.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m hyped about the draft. All the uncertainty, the intrigue surrounding the QBs, and the 6ish WRs‘ landing spots.

Doesn’t matter that Denver doesn’t pick until tomorrow.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I'm pretty stoked as well, if not just for the fantasy implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.