NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Draft opening sucked bigly.

Was this Georgia LB a big reach at first overall?

Lions already have their pick in within seconds.
More of DE, but yeah it’s a reach. He was barely on the radar until his measureables came in, and was not even the most impressive Georgia defender.

I could be wrong of course, but it smacks of a Gruden-era Raiders pick.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
@Organic Potatoes sounds kinda like a Mike Mamula overhype perhaps.

CBSSports had their take earlier today on Walker likely going first.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-jets-trade-up-to-select-first-wide-receiver/
--The market shifted wildly Monday with Walker now the favorite. I'm actually sort of mad at myself for not moving Hutch out of here earlier. Hutch's arms don't meet Trent Baalke's requirements in terms of length, and he played for Jim Harbaugh in college. No chance Baalke gives Harbs that shine at first overall. There is still a small chance this could still be an OL (Ickey most likely), but I'll ride with Walker.--

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
More of DE, but yeah it’s a reach. He was barely on the radar until his measureables came in, and was not even the most impressive Georgia defender.

I could be wrong of course, but it smacks of a Gruden-era Raiders pick.
Hell, any era Raiders pick.

Hephaestus

I might have just lost…well, not a million but a little. Seattle needs to save my bet by taking Malik.

edit: imagine trying to find DBs/LBs to defend Kyle Pitts and Drake London.
Don't think we'll go QB, OT most likely. Assuming we don't trade down.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Crazy to see more mega hotels going up out there, but it is Vegas. I turned down two good job opportunities in Las Vegas simply due to knowing my own shortcomings & peccadilloes.

Hephaestus

Looks like a run on WRs now, 4 of the last 5 picks. And now the Eagles are trading up as well.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
And of course the Ravens get another potential legend at safety.

Still trying to process the Hollywood trade…it doesn’t make much sense on surface.

edit: I guess he replaces Kirk, but I thought they’d find a long-term replacement for Green.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The Titans might have played a blinder here, not having to pay AJB and instead taking the guy most like him in this draft.

chris123

All the "smart" teams trading their star receivers is throwing me for a loop. The cap keeps going up, and if the receiver you draft to replace him turns out to be half as good, you're just going to have to end up paying him anyway?

What am I missing here? Give me the superstar receiver every time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
AJ Brown just got a $100 million contract.

The hell would have happened if they got Jamison? Would the trade even have happened?

lsd

The Oracle
I want to fast forward to next year's draft and forget this season before it even starts.

Least we should have a top five pick

MrMarcello

Think Dallas takes Lloyd after listening to local Dallas station coverage, The Ticket. They also suspect Dallas may be listening to trade offers as they only have two guys left on their "visits" list - a list of eight players they brought to Dallas. Six are off the board and Lloyd and Raimann are the two remaining, radio guys are not sold on Raimann and say he's a massive reach at 24.

I'd be estatic with DE Johnson at 24 but Lloyd looks good as would C Linderbaum.

MrMarcello

Tyler Smith well at least it's an offensive lineman
NFL.com's take is not giving me much hope.

Power merchant who plays the game with a field demeanor that can work in his favor on one play and against him on the next snap. Smith is able to displace defenders as a run blocker despite lacking proper hand usage for leverage. He's explosive and athletic but struggles to sustain and finish what he starts. He's too quick to discard any semblance of technique in favor of bear-hugging the opponent and drawing a penalty. A move from tackle to guard would allow teams to feature his downhill power in the rushing attack while reducing exposure in pass protection. The holes in his game can all be filled if he accepts coaching and brings it to the field on Sundays. There is some bust potential present, but the ceiling could draw a team to him on Day 2 of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.