NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

I did not know who that was, but on this chart of weight vs yards per catch he is one of the biggest outliers not named Gronk. He is one of that loose group of 3 people around 16-17ypc and 230-240#. But anyway…Gronk was crazy:

5 internet brownie points to anyone that can name one of the other two. One is pretty obvious, the other…kind of obvious once you find out who it was I guess but I would’ve missed it.
I only really know relatively modern players, but could it be Jimmy Graham or Antonio Gates?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Only another 2 and a half months to go!!!! ( :( )

Mike Smalling

Megatron is correct. The other was Vincent Jackson.
Yeah, didn't really believe in the Julio guess. He is a beast, but probably not in that 230 lbs. category.

I admit, I had to look up Vincent Jackson for a reminder. CTE really is a terrible aspect of this sport :(

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Only another 2 and a half months to go!!!! ( :( )
July and August always fly by. It's just those first few days in September which are gonna be painful because I literally can't think of anything else than that first RedZone :lol:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
July and August always fly by. It's just those first few days in September which are gonna be painful because I literally can't think of anything else than that first RedZone :lol:
I think when the footie season starts in early August I'll be all right. It's just these next 6 boring weeks with no sport to watch that I'm feeling it.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
made worse by the fact we should be in beer gardens watching the World Cup right now
Indeed!

Even worse that Belgium plays one group game on a fecking Sunday afternoon so I'll be too pissed to properly watch the NFL games :mad:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Bank account will take a hiding on Sundays with World Cup and NFL. Ale and Bookies.

I’ve recently come to a surprising conclusion that football of the American kind is my favourite sport now. Unsure when that changed but im assuming around 2013.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Does anyone use any NFL forums?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I did not know who that was, but on this chart of weight vs yards per catch he is one of the biggest outliers not named Gronk. He is one of that loose group of 3 people around 16-17ypc and 230-240#. But anyway…Gronk was crazy:

5 internet brownie points to anyone that can name one of the other two. One is pretty obvious, the other…kind of obvious once you find out who it was I guess but I would’ve missed it.
Ditka?

Jackie Smith is most commonly known for dropping a touchdown pass against the Steelers in 1979, leaving four points on the field as Dallas settled for a field goal. They lost 35-31.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Got tickets to see the Bronco’s at Wembley, they’re still available now if you register as a member of the Jag’s UK fan club. I don’t really understand the point of that, but I’m not complaining.

The best part was the extra fees. The tickets were £177 for 3 tickets. I then got charged £22 “ticket fee” as well as £2 for “digital delivery”.
It’s farce. For my Wembley game and 2 spurs games I’ve paid £50 in fees (2 tickets for each). Absolute joke.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ditka?

Jackie Smith is most commonly known for dropping a touchdown pass against the Steelers in 1979, leaving four points on the field as Dallas settled for a field goal. They lost 35-31.
No, as above that was all pass catchers included so Megatron and VJ were the names. But check this out, as it also features Jackie Smith. This is only TEs, adjusted for era by efficiency (top right corner again where you want to be). When healthy, which is probably the big question mark on his resume, Gronk was off the charts.

Hephaestus

That’s interesting. “At least” a year. Sadly even if they did give indefinite / over a year, it’d probably be appealed and reduce in the perspective of other bans.
Not sure about that last part, doesn't Goodell have near unlimited power here? Plus, given the sheer number of cases against him (think 20 settled, 4 outstanding + possibly more to come), I don't think comparing it to other bans will be possible for his lawyers. Reckon the NFL will fight really hard to make sure they get the indefinite part, just in case some audio/video surfaces like with Ray Rice.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That’s interesting. “At least” a year. Sadly even if they did give indefinite / over a year, it’d probably be appealed and reduce in the perspective of other bans.
They wanna make an example out of him and the Browns, and rightfully so. Don't trade for a someone with a lengthy suspension hanging over his head and speculate that it'll work out. The way his salary was structured probably pissed the NFL off as well.

RoadTrip

I am fully hoping he gets nailed. And in particular any salary fines come from future years. But I’m just saying, there’s plenty of awful things players have done in the past and whether they are worse or not is all judgmental, but no one has received that length of a ban. I hope they would fail, but I can also see why an arbitrator might conclude differently.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I am fully hoping he gets nailed. And in particular any salary fines come from future years. But I’m just saying, there’s plenty of awful things players have done in the past and whether they are worse or not is all judgmental, but no one has received that length of a ban. I hope they would fail, but I can also see why an arbitrator might conclude differently.
I wonder if it is true all the owners are angry at the Browns over the contract given to Watson and there is pressure amongst the League to not do the Browns any favors, including regarding helping them be rid them of Baker, or if that’s just sports journalists reaching for something to write about. They would only exert that pressure indirectly here, of course.

RoadTrip

I wonder if it is true all the owners are angry at the Browns over the contract given to Watson and there is pressure amongst the League to not do the Browns any favors, including regarding helping them be rid them of Baker, or if that’s just sports journalists reaching for something to write about. They would only exert that pressure indirectly here, of course.
I hope so. It was a super shithead move by the Browns and if it punishes them too for it, I am all for it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Scary Terry gets paid; top 5 WR money.

Don‘t be fooled by the fake Baker Seahawks’ jersey, but they are the team being talked about more now for Mayfield instead of Carolina. Which is lame as I traded for DJ Moore in dynasty.

RoadTrip

Scary Terry gets paid; top 5 WR money.

Don‘t be fooled by the fake Baker Seahawks’ jersey, but they are the team being talked about more now for Mayfield instead of Carolina. Which is lame as I traded for DJ Moore in dynasty.
It’s interesting to see how the WR market has reset resulting in some very big pay days, especially when it seems that getting “ready-to-go” WRs through the draft is becoming increasingly possible.

RoadTrip

On a different note - Amazon’s TNF team looks interesting. They’ve now got Talib signed on, with Sherman, Fitzpatrick and Gonzalez already, as well as Charissa Thompson, in the studio.

That with Al Michaels as the lead commentator.

Decent line up I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.