NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The dynasty leagues I play in are way too deep, when feckers named Chestnut who are buried down the depth chart of the team having Derrick Henry are already owned by someone mid-August. FFS.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The dynasty leagues I play in are way too deep, when feckers named Chestnut who are buried down the depth chart of the team having Derrick Henry are already owned by someone mid-August. FFS.
You mean you didn’t already have him stashed alongside Dontrell Hilliard? What a newb. ;)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Season can’t start soon enough. This is the only football that matters :wenger:

Meller

At least my NFL team is Super Bowl champs so I'll probably have to rewatch that game a few times in the coming months.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Balls to United, I'm just going to watch nothing but pre-season NFL this month instead, 3rd string quarterbacks throwing in the general direction of kick returners and practice squad running backs :drool:

The Eagles/Jets game was pretty fun, especially the local station commentary. The two commentators sounded like they hated each other. One of them spoke for five straight minutes about flipflops, and later said "anyone who says they don't like pre-season football, I wanna punch them in the face". Game was alright too.

Charlie Foley

bad spot on 3rd down for the Steelers. Great stop by Seahawks on 4th. And then Lock gets blasted on the first play. Ouch.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
It really is wild how guys who were good college QBs suddenly look incredibly pedestrian against NFL defenses. Shows how big the increase in skill is between the levels.
Absolutely. Although the one thing that gets mentioned the most is the increase in speed between college and the pros.

Hephaestus

Fun game between Steelers and toots right now
:lol:
bad spot on 3rd down for the Steelers. Great stop by Seahawks on 4th. And then Lock gets blasted on the first play. Ouch.
Yeah, wasted our chance there. Shame because Lock had been playing well and a game winning drive might have helped his confidence.
Don’t bring yourself down like that, there’s a good chance he’ll only be backing up Geno!
Brutal twist of the knife there :lol:

I'd be surprised if Geno starts the season though, noise from training camp was that Lock has been comfortably outperforming him and the difference between the two yesterday was stark.

lsd

The Oracle
Great to see some action again in even though as a Cowboys fan we look in worse shape than Man Utd do for the season ahead.

No way we will have a winning season although I am hopeful we will finish above the Giants in third in the east

HTG

Supports
Bayern
So Kingsbury had Murray call plays for a few drives to show him how difficult playcalling is. The drives were all disastrous.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just had a look at my predictions before the start of last season. They were quite shit - only W was that I predicted Rams v Niners in the NFC Championship game and Micah Parsons as DROY.

NFC:
  1. Niners
  2. Buccaneers
  3. Packers
  4. Cowboys
  5. Rams
  6. Seattle
  7. Bears
AFC:
  1. Chiefs
  2. Titans
  3. Bills
  4. Browns
  5. Ravens
  6. Steelers
  7. Broncos
NFC Championship Game: Niners over Rams
AFC Championship Game: Chiefs over Titans
Superb Owl: Chiefs over Niners

Awards:
  • MVP: Pat Mahomes
  • OPOY: Alvin Kamara
  • DPOY: Devin White
  • OROY: Justin Fields
  • DROY: Micah Parsons
  • Coach of the Year: Mike Vrabel

NFC North: Vikings
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Bucs
NFC West: Cards

AFC North: Ravens
AFC East: Bills
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

Wildcards NFC: Cowboys, Rams, Niners
Wildcards AFC: Bengals, Chiefs, Broncos

NFC Championship Game: Bucs over Eagles
AFC Championship Game: Bills over Ravens
Super Bowl: Bills over Bucs

MVP: Justin Herbert
OPOY: Justin Jefferson
DPOY: Darius Leonard
OROY: Drake London
DROY: Sauce Gardner
COTY: Nick Sirianni
CPOTY: Michael Thomas

Crazy difficult, the AFC West this season is the strongest division on paper since I've been following the NFL. AFC North will also be very competitive especially if the Steelers can get it together offensively and Watson's suspension is mild.

This is leaving out teams like the Steelers, Pats, Dolphins, Titans, Raiders, Saints, Packers, ... who all have strong playoff cases as well. I feel like all but a few teams (Jets, Texans, perhaps a few other) could be legitimate contenders this season if a few pieces come together.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Bucs
NFC West: Rams

AFC North: Ravens
AFC East: Bills
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers

Wildcards NFC: Vikings, Saints, Niners
Wildcards AFC: Bengals, Chiefs, Dolphins

NFC Championship Game: Bucs over Niners
AFC Championship Game: Chargers over Bills
Super Bowl: Bucs over Chargers

MVP: Justin Herbert
OPOY: Jalen Hurts
DPOY: A Bosa
OROY: Dameon Pierce
DROY: Kayvon Thibodeaux
COTY: Nick Sirianni
CPOTY: Chase Young

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I really wanted to put Lions in play offs and Dan Campbell for COY. Just can’t see it with the defense yet.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Might already be nostalgia, but the league was so much fun during the OBJ Giants days. How fecking good was he back then (and still is).

First three seasons in the league:
91 - 1.305 - 12 (in 12 games)
96 - 1.450 - 13
101 - 1.367 - 10

Not sure which recently drafted WR does better than that in his first three years. Maybe MT:
92 - 1.137 - 9
104 - 1.245 - 5
125 - 1.405 - 9

Of course Justin Jefferson is set to blow past OBJ if he reaches expectations this upcoming season:
88 - 1.400 - 7
108 - 1.616 - 10 (in 17 games)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.