NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Did I really wake up an hour earlier for... that? Awful, awful game.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
To be fair to Wilson the still picture doesn't do it justice, he had a window for Hamler for like half a second before Gordon ran into the gap, and he was looking to Sutton (I think) on the other side of the field.

But yeah, could've/should've converted anyway. I like the call because if you kick it you're basically settling for a draw at best, but the outcome is obviously bad.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
To be fair to Wilson the still picture doesn't do it justice, he had a window for Hamler for like half a second before Gordon ran into the gap, and he was looking to Sutton (I think) on the other side of the field.

But yeah, could've/should've converted anyway. I like the call because if you kick it you're basically settling for a draw at best, but the outcome is obviously bad.
I haven’t watched anything and probably won’t tbh but I’ve seen tweets saying we had 4th and 1 and Russ in shotgun when a sneak was 100% there for taking.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I haven’t watched anything and probably won’t tbh but I’ve seen tweets saying we had 4th and 1 and Russ in shotgun when a sneak was 100% there for taking.
Yeah, indeed.

Look at the bright side mate, if you haven't watched it yet your decision making on this fine Friday morning has already been infinitely better than mine.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I just watched 13 mins worth of highlights from this game. That's 13 minutes I won't be getting back.

Carolina Red

Staff
We had 4th and 1 with Russ under center, and the center was uncovered. Instead of calling for a quick snap, Russ looked at the sideline for a few seconds until Indy realized their mistake and called timeout.

Edit: found a still frame of it…

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah, indeed.

Look at the bright side mate, if you haven't watched it yet your decision making on this fine Friday morning has already been infinitely better than mine.
:lol:

200 million :lol:
Too soon to call Russ overrated?
I was sad when we didn't get him but maaybbbee we dodged a bullet? :wenger:
I can’t speak to last night but in the previous games he’s not been the problem. He was good against the Raiders especially, it’s mostly play calling and game management that’s fecking us at every turn.

Also injuries, we’re cursed on that front.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We had 4th and 1 with Russ under center, and the center was uncovered. Instead of calling for a quick snap, Russ looked at the sideline for a few seconds until Indy realized their mistake and called timeout.

Edit: found a still frame of it…
Ffs. He and Hackett are not on the same page at all.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

I can’t speak to last night but in the previous games he’s not been the problem. He was good against the Raiders especially, it’s mostly play calling and game management that’s fecking us at every turn.

It wouldn't be necessarily his move, I feel he's been a bit overrated for a couple of years now. Just a feeling, mind.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Russ is not a bad QB but he is not really elite anymore and that contract severely limits the team’s ability to build a winning roster. Can’t see this ending well

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I thought United fans were hard to please but that's incredible
Not as bad as hundreds of Brighton fans leaving their home game against Leeds at 0-0 before the 60th minute last season.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The weird thing with Russ is that the deep ball being good kind of hid a lot of his deficiencies. It’s strange how he is so bad at managing the games and throwing to the lines. It’s all either short throws or bombs

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I’m kinda just joking but also kinda not, if that makes sense. I like the Broncos and I like Wilson, so I hope it works out for him there.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The part about his personality seems true though. Teammates are ok with strange personality till you are good but if you play badly then the same stuff gets you called a weirdo

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I know I’m obviously inherently biased but I don’t think he’s washed, I just think he and Hackett are a total mismatch (and/or Hackett is just utter shite which I’m starting to think he is) and he’s not got comfortable.

He’s had good moments and has contributed significantly to moving the chains before other bonehead things feck us over (fumbles, drops and idiotic penalties being the main ones) but obviously he’s the big money QB so he takes the heat which is the way it’s always gonna be.

I do think that giving him the massive contract before he’d even taken a snap was a stupid move and I remember saying when it broke that the timing was questionable.

We went 2-3 in Mannings first 5 games before he clicked and won out the remainder of the regular season. Obviously Russ isn’t Manning and that isn’t gonna happen but it can take time to settle in a new team and new system, especially with a whole new (possibly clueless) offensive coaching staff trying to find their feet at the same time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The part about his personality seems true though. Teammates are ok with strange personality till you are good but if you play badly then the same stuff gets you called a weirdo
He seems to be hurt by the encounter he mentions where Wilson didn't give him any attention? So appropriate levels of salt needs to be applied here :D

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'd say it's much, much more likely that the blame is on a rookie HC who happened to be lucky to be the OC of an all-time great QB, rather than the SB-winning QB who has a winning record in every season he's been in the NFL apart from last season where he was hurt for the first time in his career.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Physically he looks fine, unless somehow he perma-crocked his hand last year - not sure how that would work exactly.

It’s a combination of a dysfunctional offense and coaching, injuries like Tim Patrick who despite not being elite would have been a perfect fit style-wise for his moon shoots, and perhaps others like Jeudy not being as good as we thought they would be when given their shot.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
A key stat from the game:

The Colts and Broncos combined for -17 yards in the redzone last night...

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A key stats from the game:

The Colts and Broncos combined for -17 yards in the redzone last night...

That Ryan sacking sequence at one time.. Think it was 3th and 38 or something like that ffs.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I know I’m obviously inherently biased but I don’t think he’s washed, I just think he and Hackett are a total mismatch (and/or Hackett is just utter shite which I’m starting to think he is) and he’s not got comfortable.

He’s had good moments and has contributed significantly to moving the chains before other bonehead things feck us over (fumbles, drops and idiotic penalties being the main ones) but obviously he’s the big money QB so he takes the heat which is the way it’s always gonna be.

I do think that giving him the massive contract before he’d even taken a snap was a stupid move and I remember saying when it broke that the timing was questionable.

We went 2-3 in Mannings first 5 games before he clicked and won out the remainder of the regular season. Obviously Russ isn’t Manning and that isn’t gonna happen but it can take time to settle in a new team and new system, especially with a whole new (possibly clueless) offensive coaching staff trying to find their feet at the same time.
I think Russ is struggling to pick up Hackett's offense, which will happen gradually over time. The question is whether the Broncos will fall out of contention (and relevance) before that happens.

Herbstreet made an interesting comment re: Jeudy last night, that they should be building the passing game around him. He's a bizarrely underutilized threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.