NFL 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Barkley gave them 1.650 rushing+receiving yards on a whopping 352 touches. If you extrapolate Breece Hall's season to a full one, you get 1.653 rushing+receiving yards on 240 touches. On the Jets offense, as a second-round pick. So imo the Giants could easily get someone like Bijan, Gibbs, or the RBs a tier below that and get similar production. Even a slight downgrade would be worth it if you can add important pieces in the trenches or elsewhere.

Very much agree though that the passing game is their biggest need. They should be hoping JSN makes it to their pick.
Ultimately, its about the total yards he generates. 1,650 is top 7 in the league and with one game less played than many ahead of him. Unless the Giants have a player in mind who can replicate that for less money, they will try to keep him. If they want to win they will need a WR to get them there.

gormless

From the Giants perspective, they would need to figure out how to replace his 1300 yards rushing (which was more than McCaffery) and 57 receptions. It would be very hard to get a replacement RB who can run for 1300 yards, much less catch upwards of 60-70 passes as Barkley has done in the past. They are a team who think they are one key player away from reaching the SB, so they will want to add to, not subtract from what they already have.
I say it expecting a drop off - especially with his injury history. He's still very very good, but he looked like an all timer his rookie year

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I say it expecting a drop off - especially with his injury history. He's still very very good, but he looked like an all timer his rookie year
True. They got him when they were a truly terrible team. One wonders how good his numbers would've been early on with a better OC, OL and head coach.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is there a chance Purdy isn't the same player he was after he does this surgery?
Nah they do Tommy John surgeries so regularly these days it's like a rite of passage for baseball pitchers, and this is supposed to be less severe than what requires that.

Now if it was that bad then he would have a problem worrying about getting back before his job was stolen back.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Think this is the best way forward, although they do need to bring in a veteran back-up in case Lance sucks and Purdy isn't ready soon enough.

Don't think they can afford a QB on a super contract, if they want to keep guys like Bosa and Aiyuk around. Unless Brady signs a minimum deal with them of course.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Increasing swirl around this, although its likely just talk for now

Brady to SF, Purdy to backup, Lance to Tennessee.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Kind of crazy how many first round picks Broncos have given up for Russ & Payton

Just checked and it’s a total of 3 firsts & 3 seconds

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
After the way the last few days have gone this tells me they wanted Harbaugh, but couldn’t make it happen.

Pissed around with that too long to Ryans sorted his future out.

So left with Payton as the stupidly expensive fallback option.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
There were rumors they were taking one last big swing before getting real desperate. I was buying into the conspiracy theory that it was Harbaugh and he was doing Michigan the courtesy of wrapping up a good recruiting class. That would've been my preference instead of giving up the pick...oh well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why not excited about Payton? Especially if cap space available.
Not convinced he’s as great as he’s made out to be, and he’s a cnut for bountygate.

Not getting excited for next year anyway, been burned way too many times at this point so I’m working on the assumption that Russ is gonna suck and we’ll finish under .500 again.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
A bit weird why people are rebutting Denver though? Capable QB, young weapons, good defense, and they got some history, nice atmosphere as well in their stadium, ...

Ryans has the Texans connection though. And Harbaugh just seems to love being in Michigan.

JJ Watt tweeted this yesterday. I would've thought he wanted a break from football but perhaps he's joining Ryan's staff in Houston? They are close friends if I'm not mistaken.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

That's a lot to give up for a HC.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I used to like you, bro.
I just literally laughed out lout when I read that. Feel your pain for real :lol:

On a serious note, I really rate Payton. The only way is up for the Broncos offense next season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I just literally laughed out lout when I read that. Feel your pain for real :lol:

On a serious note, I really rate Payton. The only way is up for the Broncos offense next season.
:lol: I get it, I’m only joking

I hope you’re right there.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
It could be worse as a fan I guess, I could have to put up with watching the Chiefs struggle every week like @P-Ro
I try and tell myself after every dud play "relax mate, it's a rebuild year" but I sometimes just forget in the heat of the moment.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Not convinced he’s as great as he’s made out to be, and he’s a cnut for bountygate.

Not getting excited for next year anyway, been burned way too many times at this point so I’m working on the assumption that Russ is gonna suck and we’ll finish under .500 again.
If I were a Broncos fan I’d be pretty upbeat about this. He’ll get the best out of Wilson. And with salary cap you could invest heavily. But, tough division. And I thought the broncos would be good this year too so …

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I try and tell myself after every dud play "relax mate, it's a rebuild year" but I sometimes just forget in the heat of the moment.
Your pain is real.

If I were a Broncos fan I’d be pretty upbeat about this. He’ll get the best out of Wilson. And with salary cap you could invest heavily. But, tough division. And I thought the broncos would be good this year too so …
I thought this year would be a turning point too.

I’m learning.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
After the Wilson and Watson fiascos will any team in the next couple of years give up a shite load of draft picks along with £50m a year for an established NFL QB? There's no getting around that those decisions have essentially fecked those franchises for the next 2 years unless there's a seismic improvement from last year. It's why I just don't see Rodgers moving on from Green Bay this off season.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

After the Wilson and Watson fiascos will any team in the next couple of years give up a shite load of draft picks along with £50m a year for an established NFL QB? There's no getting around that those decisions have essentially fecked those franchises for the next 2 years unless there's a seismic improvement from last year. It's why I just don't see Rodgers moving on from Green Bay this off season.
It’s a bit early to write off Wilson.

Watson, that was always a bit risky given he had hardly played for a long time.

For the Broncos, there’s no reason yet to think Wilson can’t be elite again under the right coach.

RoadTrip

Your pain is real.

I thought this year would be a turning point too.

I’m learning.
I wouldn’t be too down on Wilson yet though. He was top quality at the Seahawks, it could have just been an incredibly bad offensive scheme and general chaos under Hackett. Obviously could still go bust under Payton but something tells me perhaps not.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It’s a bit early to write off Wilson.

Watson, that was always a bit risky given he had hardly played for a long time.

For the Broncos, there’s no reason yet to think Wilson can’t be elite again under the right coach.
Same goes for Watson, he seemed to pick up his game towards the end of the season. I'd imagine with a proper offseason under his belt and the right coaching, there's no reason he can't get back to pre-suspension/holdout form.

Still hope he and the Browns fail miserably though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Never particularly liked him but still quite gutted he won't be around anymore next year for some reason :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
NFC South
Saints: Jameis/Hill/Dalton
Buccaneers: Gabbert/Trask
Panthers: Walker/Darnold/Eason
Falcons: Mariota/Ridder

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.