Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
JuJu to Pats :(

Edit: THREE YEARS

JJ12

Bucs sniffing around Zeke

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Most fans would take that to experience a championship run in their lifetime, or in my case half my life ago.
Not upset in the slightest. Knew something like this would potentially occur when we ran it back with the same team to try to go b2b. The run was so unexpected that it still seems like a dream, but reality was always waiting to set in & it did in a hard way last season & this off season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I can’t imagine he’s going to be getting much to be honest. He’s a #2 these days.
For roughly the same price we could keep Lenny. He’s been less injured & isn’t that bad at pass protection.

JJ12

For roughly the same price we could keep Lenny. He’s been less injured & isn’t that bad at pass protection.
Maybe Stroud is wrong - I wouldn’t want Lenny or Zeke

whitbyviking

The annual reclamation project underway in SF with the signing of edge Clelin Ferrell from the Raiders, number 4 pick overall and widely considered a bust. Wonder if they will work their "magic" on him too.

Also, semi reclamation pick, with CB Isiah Oliver signing on a 2 year deal, probably to replace Jimmy Ward. This could be a good move.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Cincy signs Orlando to a cap friendly (down the road) deal. Given they can reload for the future at TE & RB with this year's deep classes at those respective positions they could be set for a while if they extend Higgins.

Mainting a solid D will take some effort when Burrow and Chase inevitably get their mega-deals, mind.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nevermind.

I hope they still draft Witherspoon in the 1st anyway.
Knowing the Eagles I think they'll go Edge. They last picked a CB in the first round in 2002. Since then they've had 17 first-round picks and spent 8 of them on their D-line (and 4x WR where they're set, 3x OT, 1x QB and 1x G).

Especially since they retained Bradberry and Slay, with a chance to keep CJGJ as well, I think Witherspoon would be overkill.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Cincy signs Orlando to a cap friendly (down the road) deal. Given they can reload for the future at TE & RB with this year's deep classes at those respective positions they could be set for a while if they extend Higgins.

Mainting a solid D will take some effort when Burrow and Chase inevitably get their mega-deals, mind.
He's a dumbass for not accepting the deal he was offered last year by KC.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Knowing the Eagles I think they'll go Edge. They last picked a CB in the first round in 2002. Since then they've had 17 first-round picks and spent 8 of them on their D-line (and 4x WR where they're set, 3x OT, 1x QB and 1x G).

Especially since they retained Bradberry and Slay, with a chance to keep CJGJ as well, I think Witherspoon would be overkill.
You're probably right, though I don't think they keep Slay beyond the last year of his deal. He regressed quite quickly after those first few games last season. Having a ready made guy ready to step in in 2024, or even at some point this coming season, would be good.

But re-singing Bradberry, which looked incredibly unlikely a few weeks back, has probably changed the draft strategy now. All the mocks had them going CB with the 10th pick.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Is it possible he drops to the late first/second round given this and his off field issues?
Literally just heard his plea deal - pleaded no contest, a year probation, a grand in fines, & 80 hours community service. No jail time. Not sure if it was determined this AM or not, but with that out of his mind, I would think he does a bit better in his pro day.

I don't think he stays in the top 10. This could be reminiscent of what happened with Warren Sapp falling to us at 12 or 13. Someone decent might be getting an elite talent. His game tape is apparently that good.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Is it possible he drops to the late first/second round given this and his off field issues?
The 2nd is too far since prior to this he was one of maybe only 3 or 4ish real blue chips in this class.

Teams could chalk this up to stress over the whole episode and talk themselves into still taking him early.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Literally just heard his plea deal - pleaded no contest, a year probation, a grand in fines, & 80 hours community service. No jail time. Not sure if it was determined this AM or not, but with that out of his mind, I would think he does a bit better in his pro day.

I don't think he stays in the top 10. This could be reminiscent of what happened with Warren Sapp falling to us at 12 or 13. Someone decent might be getting an elite talent. His game tape is apparently that good.
The 2nd is too far since prior to this he was one of maybe only 3 or 4ish real blue chips in this class.

Teams could chalk this up to stress over the whole episode and talk themselves into still taking him early.
I think if he's available at 12 or 13 then we trade for him. The draft is in Kansas and I get the feeling that the front office want to make a statement. He would get so many opportunities to make plays given how Chris Jones is normally doubled up.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

I think Schultz would be a shrewd signing for Cincy but guessing they're probably gonna keep Hurst and probably at a lesser cost.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Crazy how so many people are overreacting to this. Let's throw a few years of elite tape at Georgia out of the window because of a non-padded workout in the offseason :houllier:

Any team would be stupid to let him fall outside the top-10 even with the start of the draft loading up at QB.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Crazy how so many people are overreacting to this. Let's throw a few years of elite tape at Georgia out of the window because of a non-padded workout in the offseason :houllier:

Any team would be stupid to let him fall outside the top-10 even with the start of the draft loading up at QB.
It’s not just the poor workout as to why he is falling in the draft.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You're probably right, though I don't think they keep Slay beyond the last year of his deal. He regressed quite quickly after those first few games last season. Having a ready made guy ready to step in in 2024, or even at some point this coming season, would be good.

But re-singing Bradberry, which looked incredibly unlikely a few weeks back, has probably changed the draft strategy now. All the mocks had them going CB with the 10th pick.

That's... a lot imo.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It’s not just the poor workout as to why he is falling in the draft.
Yeah I know, but he won't serve jail time and won't be suspended by the league. Obviously the racing thing and "character issues" are not great publicity but the kid can play. Laremy Tunsil got drafted 13th overall when a Twitter video got published of him in a gas mask smoking from a bong 10 minutes before the start of the draft, there's no way no team in the first will take its chance on Carter. And I think not even outside of the top 10, but we'll find out soon enough I guess.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah I know, but he won't serve jail time and won't be suspended by the league. Obviously the racing thing and "character issues" are not great publicity but the kid can play. Laremy Tunsil got drafted 13th overall when a Twitter video got published of him in a gas mask smoking from a bong 10 minutes before the start of the draft, there's no way no team in the first will take its chance on Carter. And I think not even outside of the top 10, but we'll find out soon enough I guess.
Heard some teams dropped him from their board entirely the other day. Not being able to finish a drill certainly didn’t do much to win disaffected teams over. The situation smacks so closely of Sapp; his bugaboo was coke & weed & a few failed tests at the U, but no arrests or collateral damage. There will definitely be a team out there who will say ‘feck it’ & not let his talent pass them by. I’m thinking mid to late first.

whitbyviking

Not many teams out there don't take "poor character" players. Chiefs just took Omenihu, who has legal issues for domestic violence hanging over him, they also had Hill and were/are interested in Tunsil. The NFL is littered with people who if they played sport in this country would be hounded out of their careers. It's an interesting topic.