NFL Dynasty League

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
At the end of the year, everyone will be allowed to submit proposals for rule changes and we will vote on them.

I can guarantee we will change the taxi squad setup.
Sounds good. The majority are all good to be honest but the taxi setup is not working. Is it necessary to have a taxi set up? Might just be worth binning it and increasing roster size to stop the faf

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
2nd'd - but replace with superflex
What is a super flex?

My only issue with changing squad composition now is that it hampers people with a lack of depth particularly hard
Doesn't superflex allow QBs? It would advantage me a ton but I dont known if it's quite fair since that's a big change.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
What is a super flex?

My only issue with changing squad composition now is that it hampers people with a lack of depth particularly hard
QB included. Would need to be in the pipeline for a few seasons though as you can't just throw it in on a moment's notice.

RoadTrip

There was discussion of whether it’s highest scorer or record but honestly I can’t recall what was decided.

Would it be different in any case as it stands?

altodevil

I'm trying to find out what we said for the wild card spots. As far I intended, it was based on record but if we posted otherwise then it will go by what was posted.
Even though it would screw me - I think we said, or at least I suggested, points scored? Even all-play record would be more fair. I just think a way to reward outside of divison is good to include. It is only 2 spots.

RoadTrip

So on record it’s currently jagga7

and one of OP, chetan, Eboue.

on scoring it’s one of chetan and back of the net.

so yeah very different

RoadTrip

Even though it would screw me - I think we said, or at least I suggested, points scored? Even all-play record would be more fair. I just think a way to reward outside of divison is good to include. It is only 2 spots.
im with you to be honest. Score or overall record for me.
Edit: overall record is a good idea. It factors in who was more balanced in scoring too rather than rewarding someone who had a bizarrely awesome week.

but we probably, for this year at least, need to stick with what was agreed unless all agree with this regardless

RoadTrip

Doesn't superflex allow QBs? It would advantage me a ton but I dont known if it's quite fair since that's a big change.
QB included. Would need to be in the pipeline for a few seasons though as you can't just throw it in on a moment's notice.
This would be a big change and not sure how we would implement.
My reason being, QBs generally score the most points by and large given opportunity cost. There’s 12 teams and 32 starting QBs any week so unless you have a good backup already you’re inherently fecked

RoadTrip

Main reason I don't like 4 divisions is because a good team could be screwed out of the playoffs due to 2 great division foes. Would only work with highest-scoring wildcard spots.
Theres 2 wild card spots so if the team is good enough they could have all 3 teams in 1 division make it
That's fine with me then. Only a slight chance of a bum division stealing an undeserved spot.
this is where we got to

RoadTrip

Seems to me that without explicitly saying it, we agreed on record.

So Eboue up to you how you want to play it.

I’m not that fussed either way. I mean the real NFL is on record so meh.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Seems to me that without explicitly saying it, we agreed on record.

So Eboue up to you how you want to play it.

I’m not that fussed either way. I mean the real NFL is on record so meh.
I think in the absence if anything else it should be record. Then the next question is tiebreaker. Head to head or total points

altodevil

Threadmark this page. Can come back to it in the off-season. I plan on collating all the rules into a word doc anyway. Then we can vote on resolutions.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Some good fortune involved too. You averaged only 7 more points than backofthenet until this week despite him losing Barkley for a while. Plus Nicky Moore is likely to have first choice from Jeudy/Ruggs/Swift.
I've been absolutely hammered on the PA score. Over 50 points more than the closest other player. Only 4 teams have scored more points than me. Completely knackered as a team now though.

altodevil

The arguments I have heard for QB superflex were pretty good. Basically QB's are worth very little as aside from the top-2/3 they are all roughly the same. Adding a superflex makes them a bit more valuable.

RoadTrip

The arguments I have heard for QB superflex were pretty good. Basically QB's are worth very little as aside from the top-2/3 they are all roughly the same. Adding a superflex makes them a bit more valuable.
From day one I wouldn’t have an issue. Just don’t know how we can implement midway.

Jagga7

We drafted in accordance to the current line up rules. No way we should implement a super flex for another QB spot.

altodevil

We drafted in accordance to the current line up rules. No way we should implement a super flex for another QB spot.
Again - it is a suggestion that could only feasibly be implemented with a few years in mind. Plenty leagues do, and more are drifting towards it.

altodevil

For roster size I think a simple:

25 slots + 1 IR/Taxi slot where you can ONLY place a player when they have been ruled out for the season. You can't re-activate them once they have been placed on IR/Taxi, but you can keep them at the end of the year. Meaning you can pick up someone from FA and keep with a 25-man squad during the season.

20 keepers

5-round yearly draft w/rookies

altodevil

Maybe. I've enjoyed dynasty/keeper leagues where you can pick up a relative unknown. Stash him for a few seasons. Then have him be productive down the line. This opens that up.

chetan

tie breaker should be all play imo
Any decision on what should be the tiebreaker for the playoff spot? I guess points scored should be the preference as the teams scoring 150+ and still losing multiple times, deserve more to be in playoffs.

Jagga7

Any decision on what should be the tiebreaker for the playoff spot? I guess points scored should be the preference as the teams scoring 150+ and still losing multiple times, deserve more to be in playoffs.
Should be record imo.