NFL Dynasty League

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You’d figure I would have gotten more of a response then, wouldn’t you? Exactly one person contacted me.
Fecking hell. People tend to overvalue picks in rookie drafts, but unless you're in extreme rebuilding mode with no outlook to win in the next couple of years, JuJu is worth a lot more than that. He's gonna rebound in a big way next season, I think.

Jagga7

My team is looking tasty! Hope Kamara has a bounce back year.

How many players are we allowed to keep?

Jagga7

According to the League Calendar You May Not Do Add/Drops At This Time.

I've been getting this message when I have tried to drop players.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
You are in the wrong league year. There is a new page for the 2020 league.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What’s the thoughts on draft date?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
@Eboue @RedIceland @rpitroda @chetan @JJ12 @altodevil @backofthenet @Nicky Moore @Florida Man @Jagga7 @Organic Potatoes
I went ahead and renewed our league for $79.95. There was a $10 discount if you renew by Aug 1, so I just pulled the trigger.

Everyone's roster size is down to the required 17. Draft is currently set to start on Thursday Aug 6 at 8:30 am EST. There's a draft timer set for 24 hours so if it's your turn to pick, you get 24 hours to make your pick. If you fail to do so, a player will automatically be picked for you "according to rankings generated by Fantasy Sharks experts. For current rankings check Links > Fantasy Links > Player Rankings on the main menu."

Let me know if you guys are good with the draft date and timer.

Potatoes, are you good with playing this season? I recall you trying to find someone to take your place. Is there anyone else who hasn't responded yet?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
@Man of Leisure no one commented on replacing me, but I’m still here.

My only question with the draft date is in regards to players dropping out due to COVID and if there is a cutoff for that. There are players that could have a real impact, like Damien Williams...

Oh, I have two players I didn’t drop that have opted out. Neat.

Last edited:

Man of Leisure

@Man of Leisure no one commented on replacing me, but I’m still here.

My only question with the draft date is in regards to players dropping out due to COVID and if there is a cutoff for that. There are players that could have a real impact, like Damien Williams...
Yah, that's my biggest concern too. Obviously no pre-season this year, but I imagine we'll be seeing more players dropping out for the foreseeable future. Eboue set the draft for Aug 6, but I'm not opposed to pushing the draft date back further if you guys want. But even if we push it back by 2 weeks, there's no guarantee someone in 3 weeks time decides not to play cos of covid.

Just spitballing here, but we could let those who have someone that opted out on their roster, pick someone back up they originally dropped to replace that player prior to the draft taking place. Open to hearing suggestions.

We should also determine what happens if we have a shortened season or even a cancellation. Here's what we're doing in another league I'm in:
  • If less than 10 games are played and weeks 14-16 don't happen, everyone gets their money back.
  • If 10 or more games are played and the playoffs don't happen then payouts will occur based on record. Champion would be the one with the best record in the league (normal tie breakers apply)
  • If weeks 14-16 are played we will have playoffs as normal with seedings based on the games played in weeks 1-13, assuming at least 7 regular season are played.
  • If less than 7 regular games are played prior FF playoffs, everyone will get their money back in full.
Since we've all pre-paid for the first two years, instead of paying people back, we can roll over everything to the following year. This is just an idea, and I'm fine with doing something else entirely or tweaking it a bit.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yah, that's my biggest concern too. Obviously no pre-season this year, but I imagine we'll be seeing more players dropping out for the foreseeable future. Eboue set the draft for Aug 6, but I'm not opposed to pushing the draft date back further if you guys want. But even if we push it back by 2 weeks, there's no guarantee someone in 3 weeks time decides not to play cos of covid.

Just spitballing here, but we could let those who have someone that opted out on their roster, pick someone back up they originally dropped to replace that player prior to the draft taking place. Open to hearing suggestions.

We should also determine what happens if we have a shortened season or even a cancellation. Here's what we're doing in another league I'm in:
  • If less than 10 games are played and weeks 14-16 don't happen, everyone gets their money back.
  • If 10 or more games are played and the playoffs don't happen then payouts will occur based on record. Champion would be the one with the best record in the league (normal tie breakers apply)
  • If weeks 14-16 are played we will have playoffs as normal with seedings based on the games played in weeks 1-13, assuming at least 7 regular season are played.
  • If less than 7 regular games are played prior FF playoffs, everyone will get their money back in full.
Since we've all pre-paid for the first two years, instead of paying people back, we can roll over everything to the following year. This is just an idea, and I'm fine with doing something else entirely or tweaking it a bit.
I'm a genius for making you co commish. I agree with everything said in this post.

altodevil

Good work mol. Currently AWOL so can't respond fully but two things:

- dropouts are happening rapidly, late as possible on the draft this year as special circumstances I think.
- can we submit an offline draft or increase the timer? We can have a soft 24 hours rule, but I'd rather folk get who they wanted and wait an extra hour or two than whatever shite gets served up to them. Obviously as long as no one is taking the piss.

Hopefully we can get reimbursed if the season falls through but wouldn't count on it

altodevil

Woops didn't see posts after I was tagged. Agree with latest comments and rollover too, saves the faff

Jagga7

The opt out deadline is the Tuesday 6th if it isn't changed.
However I can imagine the season being a bit of a nightmare with players contracting Covid. Teams are around 100 personal deep moving from city to city. We may need to create some more IR spots.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I traded my first rounder and paid more $ last year as a result - I guess that means I’m therefore paid up for this year and the next?

Man of Leisure

I traded my first rounder and paid more $ last year as a result - I guess that means I’m therefore paid up for this year and the next?
Eboue confirmed everyone is paid up for this year. We all prepaid for the first two years. Not following what you mean by above? Why would you pay more than anyone else?

Man of Leisure

The opt out deadline is the Tuesday 6th if it isn't changed.
However I can imagine the season being a bit of a nightmare with players contracting Covid. Teams are around 100 personal deep moving from city to city. We may need to create some more IR spots.
Originally was supposed to be 7 days after the signing of the CBA which hasn't happened yet. But NFL is trying to push that deadline up now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Eboue confirmed everyone is paid up for this year. We all prepaid for the first two years. Not following what you mean by above? Why would you pay more than anyone else?
Pre-pay for an extra year in a deal involving a future draft pick to discourage trading a bunch of picks away to win and then quit.

Man of Leisure

@Organic Potatoes If you wanna replace Damien Williams with someone you've dropped like Mark Walton, Ricky Seals-Jones, Miles Boykin or Jarrett Stidham let me know. Same goes with any of you who's got someone who opted out on your roster. Here's the latest opt out list I could find -
Bears
DT Eddie Goldman

Bengals
DL Josh Tupou

Bills
DL Star Lotulelei
CB E.J. Gaines

Broncos
DL Kyle Peko

Browns
OT Drake Dorbeck
OG Drew Forbes

Chiefs
OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
RB Damien Williams

Cowboys
CB Maurice Canady
WR Stephen Guidry
FB Jamize Olawale

Eagles
WR Marquise Goodwin

Giants
OT Nate Solder
WR Da'Mari Scott

Jaguars
LB Lerentee McCray
DL Al Woods

Jets
OL Leo Koloamatangi
LB C.J. Mosley

Lions
DL John Atkins
WR Geronimo Allison

Packers
WR Devin Funchess

Panthers
LB Jordan Mack

Patriots
RB Brandon Bolden
OT Marcus Cannon
S Patrick Chung
LB Dont'a Hightower
WR Marqise Lee
OL Najee Toran
FB Danny Vitale
TE Matt LaCosse

Ravens
OT Andre Smith
WR De'Anthony Thomas

Saints
TE Jason Vander Laan
TE Cole Wick

Seahawks
OG Chance Warmack

Texans
DL Eddie Vanderdoes

Titans
OT Anthony McKinney

Vikings
DL Michael Pierce

Washington Football Team
DL Caleb Brantley

Man of Leisure

Seeing how the opt-out deadline looks like it's going to fall on Thursday or Friday, I've pushed back the draft from Thursday (8/6) to Saturday (8/8) at 8:30 am EST. This is a fluid situation so it might get pushed back again.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s up to each individual owner if he wants to keep them on their roster or not.
What I meant was - to replace Funchess do I need to drop him entirely or does he go into some kind taxi squad so he still belongs to me but not on active roster?

Funchess is meh so whatever but if an elite player opts out, I think having to drop them to replace them for a season would be unfair?