NFL Dynasty League

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I was meaning Eboue's pick-up. Don't understand it.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Eh? Since when are waivers processed between Thursday and Sunday games? I thought everyone should be locked until after the game week is over.
Every league I've ever played in let's you pick up players from Tues through Sunday (before games start). If there's games on Thurs and Sat, then those players wouldn't be able to picked up until they go through the waiver period. Can't recall if Thursday games are on Sunday or Tues, but Sat games are always on Tuesdays.

altodevil

Waivers always process Saturday in this league and every other league. The only time a player would be locked after Thursday is if their team played on Thursday. Its standard to process them this way.
You're right - 5am Wednesday and 5am Saturday (ET).

Man of Leisure

So for full transparency, @JJ12 asked me to drop McKissic for Drew Lock. I pushed it through but then realized that McKissic should be locked since Washington played yesterday. The difference between JJ12's request and eboue's is I don't see where he tried processing this on his own. So reversed it. Sorry JJ12.

And just FYI, next year I don't want to be co-commish. I also think we should require bids once free agency starts regardless if the regular season hasn't begun yet. The picking up of players without paying doesn't seem right.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
At least everyone knows I want Lock now

Man of Leisure

Why would I put a waiver in for a locked player
Similarly then, why would you ask me to drop one of your locked players? The whole point was, to let me know if you put in a waiver and it didn't go through because the player was locked. Then I can push it through.

JJ12

Similarly then, why would you ask me to drop one of your locked players? The whole point was, to let me know if you put in a waiver and it didn't go through because the player was locked. Then I can push it through.
I’ve been waiting for 10 days for him to be unlocked. I don’t understand why anyone is locked for that length of time.

If it were a normal waiver then fair enough I wouldn’t have asked but you literally asked to be messaged about the locked players.

Man of Leisure

I’ve been waiting for 10 days for him to be unlocked. I don’t understand why anyone is locked for that length of time.

If it were a normal waiver then fair enough I wouldn’t have asked but you literally asked to be messaged about the locked players.
First off, I dropped Lock 8 days ago. Second, why not message me sooner? I've posted on Aug 30, 31 and Sept 3 to let me know if there's issues picking up players. You waited until today before messaging me about Lock which is fine, but then I realized you never even tried picking him up on your own. Finally, people try picking up locked players all the time. That's what the bidding process is, putting a bid in so when they're unlocked you have a shot at getting him.

JJ12

First off, I dropped Lock 8 days ago. Second, why not message me sooner? I've posted on Aug 30, 31 and Sept 3 to let me know if there's issues picking up players. You waited until today before messaging me about Lock which is fine, but then I realized you never even tried picking him up on your own. Finally, people try picking up locked players all the time. That's what the bidding process is, putting a bid in so when they're unlocked you have a shot at getting him.
Players are usually locked for waivers which is normal and I get that - not for 8 days. Can’t we just sort that out? I haven’t tried claiming him because of this locked issue we’ve had from the off and don’t want to wast a waiver claim for a player that should’ve been free ages ago.

Man of Leisure

Players are usually locked for waivers which is normal and I get that - not for 8 days. Can’t we just sort that out? I haven’t tried claiming him because of this locked issue we’ve had from the off and don’t want to wast a waiver claim for a player that should’ve been free ages ago.
EVENT TITLEINFOINITIAL DATE/TIMETIMES (UNTIL)EDIT?DELETE?
Draft
Sat Aug 15 2020 8:30 a.m. ETEditDelete
Put All Free Agents On Waivers
Auto*​
Sun Sep 13 2020 1:00 p.m. ET17 (Sun Jan 10 2021 1:00 p.m. ET)EditDelete
Process Blind Bid Waivers
Auto*​
Wed Sep 16 2020 5:00 a.m. ET16 (Wed Jan 6 2021 5:00 a.m. ET)EditDelete
Auto*​
Thu Sep 17 2020 5:00 a.m. ET16 (Thu Jan 7 2021 5:00 a.m. ET)EditDelete
Auto*​
Sat Sep 19 2020 5:00 a.m. ET16 (Sat Jan 9 2021 5:00 a.m. ET)EditDelete
No Add/Drops Allowed
Auto*​
Mon Feb 1 2021 11:00 a.m. ETEditDelete

Here's the event schedule that's been set up by Eboue (I think). So it looks like starting on Wed, blind bids will be processed. As for why some players who were dropped, became locked and had issues being picked up again, I think I've figured it out.
This setting was checked where dropped players became locked and wouldn't become unlocked until the first waivers run (which wouldn't happen until Sept 16). But I've asked several times in this thread to let me know if/when that happens, and I can manually add them.

I propose next season we just process blind bid waivers right away when free agency starts, rather than waiting until the season starts. That would eliminate the issue. So would checking the option to "2 day(s) later" or something.

Still don't understand what you mean by "wasting a waiver claim"? What would you be losing exactly? Good news is, I don't think you'll have much competition picking up Lock if you still want him. :D

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I had 1 (maybe 2?) Ls all of last season. @Florida Man with Evans not connecting with Brady yet, Thomas injured, and Wilson/Carson coming up vs Pats D, I think you’ll give me a third L this weekend.

altodevil

Fantasy football is such a shit drug to be addicted to.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m glad I’m not gambling on anything other than this entry fee this season. I’d be pulling my damn hair out right now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ah feck. Admidst all the big name injuries I didn’t realize Parris Campbell had been carted off. I really needed him to take off this year.

altodevil

I joked to myself about finding odds on a major Barkley injury as collateral when I traded for him. Never did though - idiot.

altodevil

Diontae Johnson and DJ Moore on my bench - starting Scottie Miller of the Bucs. I'm Doc Rivers.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m not even mad about losing to that Tyreek Hill TD. Not that I did, because Kamara is yet to play, but I could watch that all day.