NFL Dynasty League

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Oh give me a break ffs :lol:

If you wanna take these last TWO WEEKS as a sample size, then fair enough I'll grant you that a straight up trade JuJu/Claypool makes sense. JuJu is a proven WR in the NFL who's barely 1.5 years older than Claypool, some B-rated talent coming out of college who was deemed an undersized TE. A lot of people in the fantasy industry were very high on JuJu before this season with Big Ben coming back and him moving back into the slot, so if you wanna argue that you were some visionary during this offseason when you suggested a ridiculous overreacting trade because you had foreseen as one of the only people in the world that JuJu suddenly would get targeted a lot less - then well, fecking fair play and a big congrats to you.

JuJu had 79 targets, 58 receptions, 917 yards and 7 TDs in his rookie season. Claypool after 3 games is on pace to not break that target total, barely even the reception total, barely eclipse the yards total and (although not sustainable) easily break that TD total. But then JuJu had 166(!) targets with 111 receptions and 1,426 yards in his sophomore season, and I'll bet you $50 that Claypool won't reach any of those totals next season. So what gives? Has JuJu suddenly massively declined even though he's only 23? Or is Claypool a generational talent (even though not even mentioned amongst the top 5 WRs coming out of college this year) that everyone just overlooked by accident?

The only thing I'll give you is that JuJu hasn't delivered without Antonio Brown yet. You just seem like a very overreacting fantasy player to me, the likes that would give up proven production for someone that could be a world beater or could very well be the next Travis Fulgham that'll just disappear once you get a bigger sample size. At the time, it was an atrocious trade suggestion to me, and I don't believe the fact that you somehow knew that JuJu was gonna be as disappointing as he has currently been, but rather hit a lucky shot with the suggestion in that case.

You're in a dynasty league, the guys are pretty much the same age, one has had 2 good games and the other is a proven WR2 for fantasy purposes. Not to mention that JuJu has still seen more targets and has more receptions than Claypool this season too. He's just not used in a very efficient way by the Steelers right now.
Dang, did I touch a nerve? Nope, not overreacting at all. Even less so in a dynasty league setting. And yes, I had my suspicions on JuJu having a poor season since it's basically a repeat of last season, but didn't think he'd be this poor with Roethlisberger back.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Dang, did I touch a nerve? Nope, not overreacting at all. Even less so in a dynasty league setting. And yes, I had my suspicions on JuJu having a poor season since it's basically a repeat of last season, but didn't think he'd be this poor with Roethlisberger back.
Not really but you quoted a post from the offseason with seemingly the only reason to brag about how good your proposal was back then / how wrong I was, and I'd just say "fair play" if I'd agree but I still don't.

Not sure how you can say that it's "basically a repeat of last season" since he can play with a HOF QB that he has a connection with now rather than Devlin Hodges and Mason Rudolph. And I'll reiterate my point that even as recent as last week, Chase Claypool shared snaps with James Washington as their WR3, clearly behind JuJu and Diontae Johnson. If you wanna react to player performances with such small sample sizes, then I'd be very quick to send out trades offering JuJu for the likes of Travis Fulgham, Keelan Cole, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder or Darius Slayton. You'll get him shipped off in no time for a WR with much better stats than JuJu over the last two games.

And given that it's dynasty, it's very much overreacting a lot more than in a redraft league, where JuJu's upside might be capped for the entirety of the season this year. So the "even less so" doesn't make sense at all either. Anyway, good luck with it.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Not really but you quoted a post from the offseason with seemingly the only reason to brag about how good your proposal was back then / how wrong I was, and I'd just say "fair play" if I'd agree but I still don't.

Not sure how you can say that it's "basically a repeat of last season" since he can play with a HOF QB that he has a connection with now rather than Devlin Hodges and Mason Rudolph. And I'll reiterate my point that even as recent as last week, Chase Claypool shared snaps with James Washington as their WR3, clearly behind JuJu and Diontae Johnson. If you wanna react to player performances with such small sample sizes, then I'd be very quick to send out trades offering JuJu for the likes of Travis Fulgham, Keelan Cole, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder or Darius Slayton. You'll get him shipped off in no time for a WR with much better stats than JuJu over the last two games.

And given that it's dynasty, it's very much overreacting a lot more than in a redraft league, where JuJu's upside might be capped for the entirety of the season this year. So the "even less so" doesn't make sense at all either. Anyway, good luck with it.
Maybe I worded that poorly. I meant since this is a dynasty league, I'm willing to give JuJu a longer rope but at some point better to cut bait rather than hoping he'll come good as my #1 overall pick. Not bragging, this is fantasy football ffs :lol: But you did have an interesting reaction to my trade so just pointing that out. The "repeat of last season" comment was in performance numbers only not in circumstance, I agree he should be doing much better with Roethlisberger throwing to him!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Looking to unload a bit - need to get younger.

Anyone got a lovely offer for Dalvin Cook, Lev Bell and TY Hilton

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think I’d have been more annoyed if it was close given Jones out, McKinnon bizarrely not snaps, Thomas being out etc. But I recon id have lost regardless so I can have no complaints, @altodevil with the way your team is coming together think you’re fav

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I think I’d have been more annoyed if it was close given Jones out, McKinnon bizarrely not snaps, Thomas being out etc. But I recon id have lost regardless so I can have no complaints, @altodevil with the way your team is coming together think you’re fav
I've lost Barkley for the season as well as Dak. Ertz off a cliff. Think I'll struggle to be honest. Goal is the playoffs.

JJ12

I’m not winning no league but I’m always in contention every week. Sort of frustrating.

My 2 starting RBs this week were Perine and Singletary ffs.

RoadTrip

I've lost Barkley for the season as well as Dak. Ertz off a cliff. Think I'll struggle to be honest. Goal is the playoffs.
To be honest I think in the next few weeks we will find a sure favourite. Last year I only peaked around W7/8 - need to find out who that is this year!

My team has potential but need Jones to be fit. Need Thomas to come back and play well.

I also need Brady to target Evans ffs.

I thought I was stacked at wide receiver but turns out I needed every single bit of depth I had there.

JJ12

To be honest I think in the next few weeks we will find a sure favourite. Last year I only peaked around W7/8 - need to find out who that is this year!

My team has potential but need Jones to be fit. Need Thomas to come back and play well.

I also need Brady to target Evans ffs.

I thought I was stacked at wide receiver but turns out I needed every single bit of depth I had there.
Teams won’t be able to keep doubling Evans the way things are going plus he SHOULD be getting healthier.

RoadTrip

155 points with arguably my 3 best players out (Carson, Jones and Thomas)... pretty happy with that this week. Jagga looks to have a great team, adding Kelce was huge. As always team health will play a big role!

altodevil

I had a horrific week with injuries and byes. Glad to see Harris develop though, I took him late in our start-up draft.

altodevil

Been waiting on trade approval for 3 days now - is there not an email sent to commissioners?

altodevil

Really? 4th rounder for Hooper? Jaysus
I badly need a targeted TE to stay competitive. Besides, look at who was around last draft at my fourth round pick. Hooper better than that lot.

JJ12

I badly need a targeted TE to stay competitive. Besides, look at who was around last draft at my fourth round pick. Hooper better than that lot.
I thought it was pretty fair in all honesty - you’ve given up feck all and I’m already looking toward next season.