NFL Dynasty League

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yeah I can fit in all my RBs. Gonna have to decide between people like Rondale Moore, Van Jefferson, and Curtis Samuel though.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Proposed Rule Changes for 2022:
  1. Weekly highest score bonus will only be awarded during the regular season
  2. Since we're going to a 14-team league next season, we're scrapping the 4 divisions with 3 teams setup. It'll be a 14 week format where everyone plays each other once + one extra game. We haven't figured out what we'll be doing with the 14th week yet, most likely will be one of the following:
    • Random draw where you'll play one team twice
    • 1v2, 3v4 and so on
    • Permanent rivals
    • Take the 7 highest scores that week and declare them the winner
  3. Fees will be increasing from $50 to $100 per season
  4. Scrapping defenses and kickers
1. Yes makes sense.

2.1 Would be happy with this, but see below too.
2.2 See below.
2.3 I actually like the idea of “flexible” rivals - flexed each year. So your 1 extra game is the person who finished next to you in the previous year based on either points scored / potential points / wins. Basically, akin to suggestion 2 but based on last years standings - and I don’t know if you can edit schedules but this game should be the FIRST match up each year. It means it’s an interesting and tight start to the year and an indicator of relative improvement / decline of one’s team. Thoughts? Or is that too complicated? Kind of mimics the NFL in some ways where you play in-conference games against teams who finished in the same spot as you in the other divisions.
2.4 Nah, boring.

3. Reluctantly OK with this since my team is shit.

4. I’ve always said that if we change roster composition and team compositions, I would want a notice period before this happens. I am happy removing D/ST and K, but I would strongly prefer we implement this rule in 2023 and onwards.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
James Robinson, DJ Moore, Terry McLaurin, Brandin Cooks, Mike Gesicki, Rashaad Penny, Christian Kirk, Ryan Tannehill, Jakobi Meyers

All available for trade - either packaged for one player, or for picks.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I dunno, 7 highest sounds kind of fun as a change of pace. Like a special qualifying round.

That or some sort of rival thing.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
James Robinson, DJ Moore, Terry McLaurin, Brandin Cooks, Mike Gesicki, Rashaad Penny, Christian Kirk, Ryan Tannehill, Jakobi Meyers

Thought there was a trade restriction between week 10 and the Super Bowl or is that lifted due to the expansion?

Also, seems like it's within the plans of the expansion but kinda sucks that everyone is gonna try and trade their "droppable players" away for picks because they'd have to drop them anyway. Of course they might be available on another roster as well (but in that case no one would trade for them), but just wanna avoid a scenario where a lot of teams are going to balance out 4RB + 4WR over the existing teams.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thought there was a trade restriction between week 10 and the Super Bowl or is that lifted due to the expansion?

Also, seems like it's within the plans of the expansion but kinda sucks that everyone is gonna try and trade their "droppable players" away for picks because they'd have to drop them anyway. Of course they might be available on another roster as well (but in that case no one would trade for them), but just wanna avoid a scenario where a lot of teams are going to balance out 4RB + 4WR over the existing teams.
That’s a good point. It will consolidate power within the original 11 teams.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Not sure whether you agree with my concern or whether you hadn't thought of that yet and will try to do the same now :lol:
No I had already thought of it as a concern for the expansion teams. It pushes back the window before those teams are competitive.

But…I may or may not have been working on something exactly like you described. :cool:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
1. Yes makes sense.

2.1 Would be happy with this, but see below too.
2.2 See below.
2.3 I actually like the idea of “flexible” rivals - flexed each year. So your 1 extra game is the person who finished next to you in the previous year based on either points scored / potential points / wins. Basically, akin to suggestion 2 but based on last years standings - and I don’t know if you can edit schedules but this game should be the FIRST match up each year. It means it’s an interesting and tight start to the year and an indicator of relative improvement / decline of one’s team. Thoughts? Or is that too complicated? Kind of mimics the NFL in some ways where you play in-conference games against teams who finished in the same spot as you in the other divisions.
2.4 Nah, boring.

3. Reluctantly OK with this since my team is shit.

4. I’ve always said that if we change roster composition and team compositions, I would want a notice period before this happens. I am happy removing D/ST and K, but I would strongly prefer we implement this rule in 2023 and onwards.
Some good ideas here. Kinda like your idea for 2.3. Also could get behind #4 as nobody has invested more in their defenses and kickers than I have.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Thanks guys! Looking forward to it. Few comments after having a quick read through the proposals:

- Do we first have to pick from Florida Man's roster and then from everyone else's, or can the first pick be from whichever team? Any team you just have to follow the rules so once you pick a player from alto the rest of his players are off limits to you.
- Is the rookie draft snake or linear? linear, I posted the order in full above
- I thought league fees were gonna be reduced in the first year(s) because we'd have a bad team? Now understand this is not the case since we can draft more players from the existing teams, but if I understand Eboue correctly our team is still gonna be pretty bad in year 1 (for us) at the least, so... Not fussed financially-wise but just a bit of a pity that we're e.g. paying $200 in the first two years if it becomes clear that our team is clearly not able to compete with the others.
I did a mock draft for myself yesterday and I would be shocked if at least one of the 3 teams doesn't make the playoffs in the first two years. With a couple shrewd moves and some luck these teams will be normal level by year 2.
- On rule changes: I like all ideas for the Week 14 game apart from the 1v2, 3v4 thing. Happy with scrapping K and D/ST, would prefer Fleaflicker or Sleeper if that choice hasn't been made yet. And definitely keep the playoffs weeks 15-17 (see comment MOL post above mine).

Excited to get started anyway!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

It's lifted for expansion. if there a lot of trades which result in a significant reduction to the expansion talent pool we will revisit first year discounted fees.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's lifted for expansion. if there a lot of trades which result in a significant reduction to the expansion talent pool we will revisit first year discounted fees.
Cheers mate! We'll see how it goes then.

altodevil

Just to note for UK folk - Sleeper app is not in the play store. You have to download from their website. I have been in contact and they have sent me a direct link, will share once we have gone through the draft etc

chetan

Why are we scrapping Defense/ST. It adds another fun and unpredictable element to the roster building.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t think it gibes with the spirit of Dynasty unless you go IDP. Kickers I could maybe see for the suspense of a game winning kick.

But you shouldn’t have to drop a promising stash you’ve researched so you can pick up a DST that week.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think it gibes with the spirit of Dynasty unless you go IDP. Kickers I could maybe see for the suspense of a game winning kick.

But you shouldn’t have to drop a promising stash you’ve researched so you can pick up a DST that week.
You shouldn't either according to the charter tbh :D

But agree with your view, if you think of fantasy football as a skill then D/ST is just sheer luck and too variable for a dynasty league, just look at the Steelers last year and then this year for a good example. It's usually very opportunistic as well in that the actually great NFL defenses are not necessarily the best fantasy defenses.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@Eboue just a heads up, not sure if you are aware of this.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We are moving to Sleeper

Why Sleeper? No league fees (all money in the pot); Working app for better engagement; Continually in development; Fresher UI

What were the other options? Realistically only Fleaflicker, which I do like and also has a decent app. Sleeper wins-out because they are constantly updating, and have a much better league history dynamic which is important

What do I need to do? Nothing yet. The expansion and rookie drafts will be done offline. Once they are complete, rosters will be manually added by me (ffs). After that, you'll be sent an invite code to join the league

Note: Same rules about etiquette apply as they did in the MFL league - avatars and team names being redcafe usernames.

If you're not aware, they have a helpful tool to import your league history up until this point so nothing gets lost by switching platforms.

altodevil

If you're not aware, they have a helpful tool to import your league history up until this point so nothing gets lost by switching platforms.
Yep, it's new too. What pushed it ahead of ff

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can we not just bank transfer?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
League Safe details: (basically $5 per transaction kinda sorta (changes when you pay with eCheck instead of CC))

Commissioners may choose between two League payment options: eCheck Only and Flexible (Credit/Debit Card, & eCheck). They are distinguished as follows:

• Flexible: Members will be able to make payments via eCheck, credit or debit card. All transaction types require a convenience fee of 4.5% plus 10 cents per transaction.
  • eCheck Only: Members will be able to make payments via eCheck only. There is no fee associated with the processing of the transaction.
The Commissioner will choose which payment setting will be available for all League Members. Note that Members may also make League-related payments by Balance Allocation (as defined below) under both payment settings.

Payout Methods
Members may choose from a variety of methods for receiving Payouts. These include electronic bank transfer, paper check, printable eCheck, Virtual Visa Prepaid Card and Gift Card Reward.

The costs associated with each of these options are outlined below.

Gift Card RewardNo cost
Virtual Visa Prepaid CardNo cost
Printable eCheck$3.00
Paper check (next-day processing)$4.00
Electronic bank transfer$5.00
In the event that a Payout sent by postal service is returned to LeagueSafe, LeagueSafe may opt to hold the funds and continue to display the amount in the Member’s account, minus a $9.95 service fee.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This might be an incredibly stupid suggestion but how will they know it's fantasy football related if your comment on the transaction is something like "last night pub repayment"?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This might be an incredibly stupid suggestion but how will they know it's fantasy football related if your comment on the transaction is something like "last night pub repayment"?
Algorithms to look for transactions resembling FF? Like 12x$50 or something like that?

All it takes is one person to slip up on their comment regardless.

altodevil

I'm sure there will be an easier way. Whatever we decide we should endeavour to have less overall transactions - such as orizeminey going towards future league fees etc

altodevil

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Sleeper is implementing a payment system this year but I don’t have any details.

edit: Teamstake might be an option

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
robins been in the league for 2 days and hes already causing drama
I just safed you from PayPal seizing all your money ffs, please give me your first round pick now

chetan

I don’t think it gibes with the spirit of Dynasty unless you go IDP. Kickers I could maybe see for the suspense of a game-winning kick.

For dynasty rosters, there is a monotonousness to some extent even with rookie draft etc. D/ST adds some sort of flavor to that particular season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
For dynasty rosters, there is a monotonousness to some extent even with rookie draft etc. D/ST adds some sort of flavor to that particular season.
That’s a fair point. You need to keep that element of luck involved that adds flavor.