NFL Dynasty League

Jagga7

How many players can we protect in the expansion draft? Also how on earth did we expand to 14 teams??? Who joined? I thought we were only replacing Florida man.

I also think we should consider a complete redraft but I might be the only one on that.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
How many players can we protect in the expansion draft? Also how on earth did we expand to 14 teams??? Who joined? I thought we were only replacing Florida man.

I also think we should consider a complete redraft but I might be the only one on that.
Have u been living under a rock

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
1. Yes makes sense.

2.1 Would be happy with this, but see below too.
2.2 See below.
2.3 I actually like the idea of “flexible” rivals - flexed each year. So your 1 extra game is the person who finished next to you in the previous year based on either points scored / potential points / wins. Basically, akin to suggestion 2 but based on last years standings - and I don’t know if you can edit schedules but this game should be the FIRST match up each year. It means it’s an interesting and tight start to the year and an indicator of relative improvement / decline of one’s team. Thoughts? Or is that too complicated? Kind of mimics the NFL in some ways where you play in-conference games against teams who finished in the same spot as you in the other divisions.
2.4 Nah, boring.

3. Reluctantly OK with this since my team is shit.

4. I’ve always said that if we change roster composition and team compositions, I would want a notice period before this happens. I am happy removing D/ST and K, but I would strongly prefer we implement this rule in 2023 and onwards.
@altodevil

altodevil

the codeword is so joe blogs - or eboue in disguise - can't vote as you

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Extra flex spot? What’s the rationale behind that? I sort of already voted but just flipped a coin on that one as I wasn’t expecting it.

altodevil

Extra flex spot? What’s the rationale behind that? I sort of already voted but just flipped a coin on that one as I wasn’t expecting it.
That would be to somewhat balance out the score deficit from removing kicker and d/st. Keeping the top scores from previous years a little bit comparable.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Donkeyballs. Doesn’t that hurt people that has invested strongly in DST/K even more when they didn’t have warning of the change?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Voted no on getting rid of kickers, defenses and adding an extra flex spot. Agree with whoever suggested major changes like these should be given a year notice.

altodevil

Teamstake takes 4% from paypal/card payments. Which isn't bad, and it would also act as a transparent way to display who owes what.

What is the sleeper payment system potato?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Totally understand (and usually agree) those saying that changes in dynasty should be done way in advance in order to accommodate your team, because you drafted for a certain format.

But K and D/ST though? What, or how, exactly are you going to accommodate for that? Either they are not protected for the expansion draft (and the whole point becomes moot because everyone would have to draft them again for one season only), or they are going to be protected so everyone keeps their best D/ST and best K. If you're good you'll need both of them (and can't accommodate with the eye on the season after next when they'll be dropped), if you're bad you have no incentive to keep them on your roster but can't drop them either for actual skill position players because of league rules (slots need to be filled I assume).

At the level of the expansion teams (talking from my own POV right now), I don't see any incentive for me to draft a K or D/ST for one season only, especially if I get the feeling that my team will definitely not be good enough next year.

EDIT: I'm fine with whatever the majority votes on by the way, just wanted to provide some counter-arguments.

Last edited:

altodevil

I'll piggyback on those good points to say that the proposed amendments are not for a years time because:

- We didn't have our shit together last year
- Expansion creates an optimal time for sweeping changes. There won't be another.

altodevil

I'd be happy to run another form post draft, with any future amendments (that have been seconded). The form can then allow multiple options for the year of implementation.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If we do another poll, I’d like to propose an early draft 2ish weeks after the draft instead of August. Or after that June 1st date for spreading a cap hit over a 2nd year (i.e. when Matt Ryan gets traded to the Broncos).

It allows for more trades over the summer, and gives a solid few weeks of intense activity before the lull in the summer. And more importantly I’m just jonesing for some draft action.

altodevil

No prizes for guessing the two feckers we are waiting on

altodevil

Not doing the super convenient and easy-going NFL fantasy playoffs format but going through some obscure website is peak altodevil.
I did the NFL.com one the last decade or so, whenever it started. Time for a chance. Sign-up.

altodevil

Still waiting on the two feckers who were nearly kicked