NFL Dynasty League

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Could have just killed off Red Iceland - would mean I wouldn't have to lose all my players

altodevil

1. Move provider to Sleeper from MyFantasyLeague
Yes: 14
No: 0
Verdict: Enacted

2. Increase buy-in to $100 from $50

Yes: 12
No: 2

3. Weekly Highest Score Bonus only eligible during the regular season (Weeks 1-14)
Yes: 13
No: 1

4. What should the 'Week 14' format be? Choose as many as you like, one with most votes wins.

Verdict: League Average Enacted

5. Remove Kickers
Yes: 7
No: 7
Verdict: Rejected

6. Remove D/ST
Yes: 7
No: 7

7. Add one flex spot to the starting line-up
Yes: 5
No: 9

altodevil

Looks like the new teams fecked over with DST too

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Shouldn't the FLEX protection for the expansion draft also be gone then since there won't be an extra FLEX spot added to the rosters?

altodevil

Shouldn't the FLEX protection for the expansion draft also be gone then since there won't be an extra FLEX spot added to the rosters?
No that was already going to be the case before that proposal.

@rpitroda I plan on running another form with proposals - with a 'tick as many as you'd like' for 2022/2023 enactments. Everyone should get proposals posted in here, all that are seconded will be included.

On that note - I second the remove kickers and defense proposals.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
No that was already going to be the case before that proposal.
Still fecks us over though, one less starting spot but you get the same amount of protected players - I assume the expansion rules were proposed based on the assumption that K and D/ST were going to be removed in favour of the extra FLEX spot.

altodevil

Still fecks us over though, one less starting spot but you get the same amount of protected players - I assume the expansion rules were proposed based on the assumption that K and D/ST were going to be removed in favour of the extra FLEX spot.
No kickers and defenses were planned to be removed, but an extra flex spot was my own fantasy that Eboue didn't buy in to.

altodevil

It wasn't meant to be superflex, no.

I think superflex is the modern league and in favour - but safe to say I know that wouldn't be agreed-on.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
No DST or K is standard for modern dynasty formats. It’s RNG that holds no long term or trade value. Defenses change so much that holding them for years makes no sense; only individual players jibe with the dynasty format.

Plus, think about it in a 14 team league. There’s barely two to go around for everyone. Lazy people that don’t want to research players and build a deep bench can hold extras so that others can’t stream them, holding them for ransom from someone facing a bye week. It creates the potential for unsportsmanlike behavior that goes against the idea of the format in a league this size.

If you must keep defense in there, it should be individual defenders you are keeping.

I propose that if someone was valuing those positions more and invested in them with multiple placeholders, they can get a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd or something.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Also, I propose if we do another set of votes that an early (~2ish weeks after the draft) or late (August or whatever like last year) rookie draft be on the ballot.

altodevil

Expansion Announcement

• each original team protects 1 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE and 1 flex protect at any position they want
  • each expansion team takes only 1 player from each original team, which means the most any original team can lose is 3 total players
  • each expansion team takes 5 players from florida mans team
  • draft detailed below

round 1: expansion teams pick at the end of the round
round 2: expansions team pick at the beginning of the round and get a supplemental pick at the end of the round (so this round is 17 picks long)
round 3: expansions team pick at the beginning of the round and get a supplemental pick at the end of the round (so this round is 17 picks long)
round 4: expansions team pick at the beginning of the round and get a supplemental pick at the end of the round (so this round is 17 picks long)
round 5: expansions team pick at the beginning of the round and get a supplemental pick at the end of the round (so this round is 17 picks long)

expansion roster makeup

1. player from eboue
  2. player from rediceland
  3. player from rpitroda
  4. player from chetan
  5. player from jj12
  6. player from altodevil
  7. player from backofthenet
  8. player from man of leisure
  9. player from nicky moore
  10. player from organic potatoes
  11. player from jagga7
  12. player from florida man
  13. player from florida man
  14. player from florida man
  15. player from florida man
  16. player from florida man
  17. 1st round pick
  18. 2nd round pick
  19. 2nd round supplemental pick
  20. 3rd round pick
  21. 3rd round supplemental pick
  22. 4th round pick
  23. 4th round supplemental pick
  24. 5th round pick
  25. 5th round supplemental pick

original teams have until february 20th to trade picks / players however they want. thats 1 week after the super bowl. then proctection lists are due along with league dues (now raised to $100)

expansion owners have until february 20th to pay their league dues (full amount due to reduced flex protections to allow them to build a more competitive team). expansion draft starts via email on march 1st. all florida man players not selected in the expansion draft are released into free agency and eligible for the 5 round draft.

after randomzing, the expansion draft order will be

1. Robin
  2. Radon
  3. Entropy
  4. Entropy
  5. Radon
  6. Robin
  7. Robin
  8. Radon
  9. Entropy
  10. Entropy
  11. Radon
  12. Robin
  13. Robin
  14. Radon
  15. Entropy
  16. Entropy
  17. Radon
  18. Robin
  19. Robin
  20. Radon
  21. Entropy
  22. Entropy
  23. Radon
  24. Robin
  25. Robin
  26. Radon
  27. Entropy
  28. Entropy
  29. Radon
  30. Robin
  31. Robin
  32. Radon
  33. Entropy
  34. Entropy
  35. Radon
  36. Robin
  37. Robin
  38. Radon
  39. Entropy
  40. Entropy
  41. Radon
  42. Robin
  43. Robin
  44. Radon
  45. Entropy
  46. Entropy
  47. Radon
  48. Robin

the 5 round draft order will be as follows

1st round
  1. op
  2. jj
  3. jagga
  4. botn
  5. rpitroda
  6. nicky
  7. rediceland
  8. eboue (from mol)
  9. chetan
  10. eboue
  11. op (from botn from alto)
  12. entropy
  13. radon
  14. robin

2nd round

1. robin
  2. radon
  3. entropy
  4. op
  5. jj
  6. jagga
  7. botn
  8. rpitroda
  9. botn (from op from nicky)
  10. rediceland
  11. eboue (from mol)
  12. chetan
  13. mol (from eboue)
  14. alto
  15. entropy
  16. radon
  17. robin

3rd round

1. entropy
  2. radon
  3. robin
  4. alto (from op)
  5. jj
  6. rediceland (from jagga)
  7. botn
  8. rpitroda
  9. nicky
  10. rediceland
  11. mol
  12. chetan
  13. eboue
  14. alto
  15. robin
  16. radon
  17. entropy

4th round

1. robin
  2. radon
  3. entropy
  4. op
  5. jj
  6. jagga
  7. botn
  8. rpitroda
  9. nicky
  10. rediceland
  11. mol
  12. chetan
  13. eboue
  14. alto
  15. entropy
  16. radon
  17. robin

5th round

1. entropy
  2. radon
  3. robin
  4. op
  5. jj
  6. jagga
  7. botn
  8. rpitroda
  9. nicky
  10. rediceland
  11. mol
  12. chetan
  13. eboue
  14. alto
  15. robin
  16. radon
  17. entropy
threadmark this

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What would you guys be willing to give up Saquon for in dynasty if you're not contending at the moment (I'm the Barkley owner and not contending)? Guy in my home league (16 teams) with a shitload of picks keeps harrassing me to trade him for 2 1st rounders this year (10 and 14), I've stood my ground so far in wanting 3 first rounders (1.10 this year, and a 23 and 24 first rounder).

Hard to figure out whether Barkley's worth is still at 3 first round picks. I don't like the Giants and their offense sucks so might be that Barkley will never be an elite RB again for fantasy purposes but feels like I'd be selling at a low point right now.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What would you guys be willing to give up Saquon for in dynasty if you're not contending at the moment (I'm the Barkley owner and not contending)? Guy in my home league (16 teams) with a shitload of picks keeps harrassing me to trade him for 2 1st rounders this year (10 and 14), I've stood my ground so far in wanting 3 first rounders (1.10 this year, and a 23 and 24 first rounder).

Hard to figure out whether Barkley's worth is still at 3 first round picks. I don't like the Giants and their offense sucks so might be that Barkley will never be an elite RB again for fantasy purposes but feels like I'd be selling at a low point right now.
That 14 doesn’t move the needle for me this year where I think the second tier break (after 1.1-1.3) will be around 1.11. That’s assuming 1QB.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That 14 doesn’t move the needle for me this year where I think the second tier break (after 1.1-1.3) will be around 1.11. That’s assuming 1QB.
Yeah 1QB league. I think there are only 3 viable RBs with immediate fantasy value in this class, but the tier 1-2 WR pool is 6, maybe 7 deep. So agreed that the drop-off would likely be around 1.10-1.11.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Nice one Gabe - save that performance for when it’s utterly useless

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Where would be a good space to find an additional league?

Now that I’m actually into it I’ve got a hankering to try my hand with a 2nd team, but I’ve heard horror stories of getting into bed with randoms.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Aren’t we meant to be doing something soon
We got like 4 days to send protection lists, and then March 1st the expansion draft starts and everything will start to fall into place.

And then we have the draft which is…well, sometime or another.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@Eboue can't we be doing the expansion draft via PM on here rather than via email? Not sure about Rado and entropy but would be much more convenient for me.

Also I think league fees are due this Sunday, how do we go about that?

And when does the switch to Sleeper take place?

altodevil

@Eboue can't we be doing the expansion draft via PM on here rather than via email? Not sure about Rado and entropy but would be much more convenient for me.
Probably just do it in-thread
Also I think league fees are due this Sunday, how do we go about that?
I think we should do one of those websites mentioned earlier that hold the money for us for a small fee, especially since there is no league fee this year. Not heard from Eboue on this one.
And when does the switch to Sleeper take place?
Once the expansion and rookie drafts are done the rosters will be created in our sleeper league and you will all be invited to specific teams.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m beginning to realise how deep I’m in over my head with this, I know nothing about the rookies coming through :lol:

I expect my teams is gonna suck but oh well!