NFL Dynasty League

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
@Eboue Are you going to be enforcing the squad cut downs, or am I the only one that's actually going to follow the rules?
@Eboue Maybe set the squad trimming deadline to a week or two before our draft in late Aug/Early Sept? I like the idea because 1) it'll give us better ideas where some of our guys will fit in and 2) accurately reflect the roster room cuts during training camp. And anyone who's dropped players like @backofthenet gets them added back to their roster.

So something like this:
  1. Add players who were dropped from the end of the season until now, back onto their original teams.
  2. Mid-August (squad trimming deadline)
  3. Late August (Draft)

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You should draft early May. Don’t give people the chance to just get all their info from some articles 1 or 2 weeks in advance.

Man of Leisure

You should draft early May. Don’t give people the chance to just get all their info from some articles 1 or 2 weeks in advance.
Even if we draft in May, people will still be getting their info a week or two in advance from articles or researching the internet.

There's just too many question marks (free agency, retirement, recovery from injuries) from the spring to the start of the season. Luck becomes a much bigger factor then. Having it at the end of Aug/early Sept makes more sense.

Man of Leisure

And now after giving it a little more thought, we should start the draft like the day after the roster trimming deadline (sometime in mid-Aug). Forgot how our last draft took took a week or two to finish.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I agree with man of leisure on deadlines. Feck having the rookie draft before training camp.

I'd rather buy-in remained $50, $75 max.

Man of Leisure

This draft is only 5 rounds, not 22
True, will still prolly take several days.

Season opener is on Sept 10. Let’s start the draft on Sat, Aug 29 (week before Labor Day weekend). Maybe set the deadline for having rosters trimmed by Sat, Aug 15.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Rookie and FA draft before TC is more fun.

Id be happy for upping the buy in too.

Man of Leisure

So who's looking better after the free agent developments so far? Happy about Brees re-signing, but my receivers will struggle. Especially Edelman without Brady.

@Florida Man You gotta be ecstatic about Brady going to the Bucs. I think he's gonna put up some great numbers this year with Arians as his coach and all the weapons he's got at his disposal.
@altodevil I think Hopkins' numbers will suffer from having Kyler Murray throwing to him rather than Deshaun Watson.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
So who's looking better after the free agent developments so far? Happy about Brees re-signing, but my receivers will struggle. Especially Edelman without Brady.

@Florida Man You gotta be ecstatic about Brady going to the Bucs. I think he's gonna put up some great numbers this year with Arians as his coach and all the weapons he's got at his disposal.
@altodevil I think Hopkins' numbers will suffer from having Kyler Murray throwing to him rather than Deshaun Watson.
I’m a Broncos fan but I can assure you that Bucs fans are ecstatic. I see them going 7-9.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Kyler has a better arm than Deshaun.

Not as good of a QB overall at the moment when intangibles and ability to extend the play are factored in, of course. But Zona could come away with a solid reinforcement at OT and maybe a steal at RB in this draft.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What's the mf'ing plan then - when's this cutdown bollocks taking place and we going to set a draft date?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I assumed no drafting until closer to playtime - mid/late august

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t think either NFL or NCAA football will start on time. But if we’re still stuck indoors into May it might give something to do.

Man of Leisure

Sounds good, but what do you mean by the same way?
Think he means via the caf. I think that's how we did it last year, I've got a shitty memory. Remember it taking several days or even a week rather than a couple hours like a normal draft because 1) we're not all online at the same time and 2) we had so many rounds cos it was a dynasty league.

Man of Leisure

Anyone else getting a bunch of email alerts with people dropping and picking up the same players? Did I forget to do something? Wtf is going on? :lol: