NFL Thread 2014-2015

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I sure do. What did you do?
My first instinct was to throw the remote at the TV but I swiped to get it and throw in one motion, it wasn't on the arm I thought it was so I was stood up looking for something to chuck whilst rambling to myself incoherantly, once I did pick something up I had calmed slightly and just sat back down.

Close call though.

My first instinct was to throw the remote at the TV but I swiped to get it and throw in one motion, it wasn't on the arm I thought it was so I was stood up looking for something to chuck whilst rambling to myself incoherantly, once I did pick something up I had calmed slightly and just sat back down.

Close call though.
And then Michael Owen scored the winner! :)

gormless

The squat for O-linemen is absolutely incredible. The guy behind it, Joe Andruzzi, has an amazing story. Won 3 superbowls, developed cancer, beat it, got caught up in the Boston Marathon bombings and became something of an American hero after being photographed carrying survivors to safety.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Anyone here read books on/about NFL, teams and players?

I've just started on "Take Your Eye Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look". A bit dry, but gives you a perspective on how insanely complex the game is. A really good read, give you idea of how a game week starts, what training is done which day, difference in what a head coach, the coordinators and position coaches do etc.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Anyone here read books on/about NFL, teams and players?

I've just started on "Take Your Eye Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look". A bit dry, but gives you a perspective on how insanely complex the game is. A really good read, give you idea of how a game week starts, what training is done which day, difference in what a head coach, the coordinators and position coaches do etc.
If you ever get to go to multiple NFL games, I strongly recommend at least once sitting in one of the endzones. You can really watch plays unfold from that angle and get a very good perspective on the routes being run, coverages, pass rushing and blocking schemes. It just looks so different from watching the game from the side.

I'll never understand how people can say American Football is boring. Not only is it extremely exciting (4th quarters mostly) but its also brilliantly clever. I love the fact that you can be 40 points up and still lose! The ads can be a bit of a pain but otherwise I think its anything but boring.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If you ever get to go to multiple NFL games, I strongly recommend at least once sitting in one of the endzones. You can really watch plays unfold from that angle and get a very good perspective on the routes being run, coverages, pass rushing and blocking schemes. It just looks so different from watching the game from the side.
Agree. Probably will try to catch a couple of Giants game coming season.

The book provided insights over lots of stuff that I never paid attention too. Now watching a live game will add appreciation in seeing the things I read in real life. Let's the new season begin!

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The NFL and the union negotiated a set punishment for players with domestic violence issues. The NFL then punished Peterson beyond what was agreed to in the CBA. The whole point of collective bargaining agreements is to prevent arbitrary punishments like this. The NFL is wrong and I suspect they will lose their appeal.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The NFL and the union negotiated a set punishment for players with domestic violence issues. The NFL then punished Peterson beyond what was agreed to in the CBA. The whole point of collective bargaining agreements is to prevent arbitrary punishments like this. The NFL is wrong and I suspect they will lose their appeal.
Was it negotiated? I thought Goddell pulled the 6 game suspension policy out of his ass, without consulting with the union.

manutddjw

Never understood why the Vikings didn't sign Ray Rice as a big middle finger to Goodell after they upheld Peterson's suspension. Last thing Goodell wants is Ray Rice on the field as he is black mark on Goodell's reign, and I don't think there'd be any backlash towards the Vikings as people would clearly understand why they were bringing Rice in.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Never understood why the Vikings didn't sign Ray Rice as a big middle finger to Goodell after they upheld Peterson's suspension. Last thing Goodell wants is Ray Rice on the field as he is black mark on Goodell's reign, and I don't think there'd be any backlash towards the Vikings as people would clearly understand why they were bringing Rice in.
Seriously? he knocked out his fiancee and everyone saw it, no one will touch him.

manutddjw

Well Ray rice sucks now.
You're not signing him for his ability. You're signing the face of the shitstorm that made the NFL look really bad. It's perfect revenge on the NFL for extending AP's suspension and in all likelihood costing them their franchise player.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pats use the franchise tag on Gostowski. I thought they'd do it on McCourty instead. Will be interesting what happens with him and Revis now.