NFL Thread 2019

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
They need someone that can pull the dressing room together, and Garrett would do that.
Agree that they need someone who can pull it together but disagree that’s Garrett. They have a bunch of enigmatic characters and prime donnas and they need someone therefore who is inspirational for them to follow, or perhaps conversely an authoritarian who can get them in line.

I don’t think Garrett is necessarily a bad coach, but I don’t think he's either of those and so I am not convinced he would galvanise that locker room.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The best fit for the Browns is Zimmer but they won't have him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Saving this for use at a later date.
Sure. As I said he is a decent coach but I was so underwhelmed by most of his later teams at GB . Some of his timeout and clock decisions were hilarious. I have heard that he has embraced analytics more now so let's see

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Broncos - @Rado_N @Carolina Red @Organic Potatoes @Florida Man
Lions - @Eboue
49ers - @Charlie Foley @swooshboy @Rolandofgilead @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson
Vikings - @JPRouve @C3Pique
Patriots - @rpitroda @ha_rooney @Kazi @muller
Giants - @adexkola @fishfingers15 @freeurmind
Seahawks - @Hephaestus @Phil @bucky
Eagles - @Utdfrom2002 @Ayush_reddevil @BIGbadBOO4
Texans - @RobinLFC @Wednesday at Stoke
Packers - @Edgar Allan Pillow @Sylar @HTG
Cowboys - @lsd @MrMarcello @Carl
Bears - @Inigo Montoya
Panthers - @drdoityourself
Raiders - @backofthenet
Rams - @Meller
Chargers - @Man of Leisure
Not a fan of any particular team - @Raoul

If anyone else wants to be added, lemme know your team and I’ll add you. @Rado_N or @Carolina Red Can one of you threadmark this?
Chiefs

muller

Brady's not retiring.. so where will he be next year.

As a Patriots fan, I am hoping for 1 more year at least with him. He wasn't great this year - but the receivers and O line were shocking too. We don't have a replacement lined up, Stidham looks ok but, lets face it, an 80% Brady is better than most.

But, the league is changing. Agile QB's are dominating right now.

Who knows.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Brady's going to lead the Bengals to Superbowl glory. You heard it here first.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Brady's not retiring.. so where will he be next year.

As a Patriots fan, I am hoping for 1 more year at least with him. He wasn't great this year - but the receivers and O line were shocking too. We don't have a replacement lined up, Stidham looks ok but, lets face it, an 80% Brady is better than most.

But, the league is changing. Agile QB's are dominating right now.

Who knows.
I think it’ll be the Chargers. Don’t see him coming back to NE if Belichick gets his way & he’d be surrounded with far more talent in LA. I hope he does come back too though. He took a lot of criticism, but had very little to work with.

It would be interesting if he went outside NE. The AFC East has been shit for so long, so would be the first time in a long time he would be in a competitive division.

RoadTrip

It’s impossible on here and generally to have a truly rational conversation about Brady, because he’s so entrenched into being either hated or loved.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Understandable as 1) the Browns are historically a mess, and 2) it's in Cleveland .
The bitter irony being that the original Browns (now the Ravens), have won two Super Bowls, with a possibility of winning a third in a few weeks, since leaving .Cleveland.

RoadTrip

Starting to get excited about divisional weekend. Annoyed that two games are late UK time though, means gonna be unlikely for me to watch them Live

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
By keeping Kellen Moore as offensive coordinator more convinced than ever that McCarthy won’t be a success in Dallas. Success equating to deep playoff run/Super Bowl.

JPRouve

Scout
:lol: it must be weird attending what feels like road games every few weeks.
Vikings reporters estimated that 80%-90% of the attendance in Los Angeles were Vikings fans. It's easily one of the craziest things I have heard in sports.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Vikings reporters estimated that 80%-90% of the attendance in Los Angeles were Vikings fans. It's easily one of the craziest things I have heard in sports.
It was the same when Denver played there, the stands were solid orange.

I guess it’s because most locals adopted the Rams as the much better team when they both moved there.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It was the same when Denver played there, the stands were solid orange.

I guess it’s because most locals adopted the Rams as the much better team when they both moved there.
I don’t think it was this extreme back then, but didn’t the Chargers already face similar issues in San Diego? I‘m pretty sure that they once played the Packers at home and had to go into a silent count.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don’t think it was this extreme back then, but didn’t the Chargers already face similar issues in San Diego? I‘m pretty sure that they once played the Packers at home and had to go into a silent count.
I can’t remember what it was like in SD to be honest.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
They had good fans in San Diego. They also had a bad stadium and terrible owners.
Now there’s no fans, hopefully an amazing stadium and still terrible owners.

One good by-product of low demand is that season tix are relatively cheap. PSLs (a one time fee) for those 500 level seats are only $100. 300 level are $500. Both are $70 per seat. All in, for two 300 level tickets this season will be $2400 ($1,000 + $1,400). To put that in perspective, those PSLs would have likely cost $5,000 at MetLife stadium in NY.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think it’ll be the Chargers. Don’t see him coming back to NE if Belichick gets his way & he’d be surrounded with far more talent in LA. I hope he does come back too though. He took a lot of criticism, but had very little to work with.

It would be interesting if he went outside NE. The AFC East has been shit for so long, so would be the first time in a long time he would be in a competitive division.
Starting to get excited about divisional weekend. Annoyed that two games are late UK time though, means gonna be unlikely for me to watch them Live
Same here. The Texans game is ideally scheduled as well for me, although I think I'll stay up for Seahawks vs Packers anyway. Only downside for this weekend is that the Ravens are literally playing in the middle of the night.

JPRouve

Scout
I just realized that we are days away from the Las Vegas Raiders.

Affirmation

To be Head Coach of the New York Giants you need to have certain attributes, Joe Judge seems to have them. If he can build a winning culture and translate that onto the field there is no telling how far this franchise can go. The fans should be excited as should the players.

JPRouve

Scout
Belichick coordinators should never be appointed as head coaches.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

:lol:

The spreads are interesting and difficult for this weekend. -9.5 for the Ravens and Chiefs seems a whole lot, although the Ravens have apparently covered 9 times in their last 10 games. -7 for the Niners seems doable, and I'd go for the Seahawks at +4.5 as well.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Picking the Niners, Ravens, Chiefs & Packers to win. Hopefully this week is as close/dramatic as last week's games.